Photo

The Ohio Revolution

Yep, the real one. BritNerf invades the 'States(uh, State)

242 replies to this topic

#26 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

Seconding taerKitty, Do the washers have to be #6's? All I have are #8's.

#27 BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

I'll be frank here...I don't think we're going to have a lack of guests with the limitation on darts. Conversely, I don't want to steer anyone away from this fantastic event.

That being said, I can't think of a single good reason to use dome darts these days. Not a single one. With our high(er) powered blasters, slugs fly fantastically and are far less likely to cause injury. Additionally, they're range-limited by aerodynamics which levels the playing field.

#8 washers are acceptable. Just please inspect the edges as you assemble them, making sure there aren't any errant burs on the metal.

Edited by BrokenSVT, 06 February 2011 - 09:31 PM.

REVOLUTION Be there or be square.

#28 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

Dome BB darts are simple, cheap, effective, produce better ranges, more aerodynamic, and for me I have 800 made from the last war prep and about 100$ invested in materials. I really want to attend a war, but I cant afford the gas for a 5hr car trip and another $100 in supplies and my time to remake 800-1000 darts for me and my guests.
QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#29 BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

Read the update in the first post. Again, if there's an issue with the equipment required I won't offer apologies. It's about time Ohio catches up to everywhere else and uses proper gear.

#30 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:21 PM

Can't make it, my brother and I leave for vacation that Saturday. Super Bummer

#31 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:28 PM

I'd like to note in support of #6 washers that I'll be using them, as it turns out that they're what I already use (without even knowing it LOLFAIL) without any accuracy isuess as people have worried about. They seem to work better in hoppers to me than something wider (#8), and they're cheaper. But dang. I really hope the felt doesn't give issues with my hopper, otherwise I'll be stuck with just a speedloader.

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#32 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

I'd like to note in support of #6 washers that I'll be using them, as it turns out that they're what I already use (without even knowing it LOLFAIL) without any accuracy isuess as people have worried about. They seem to work better in hoppers to me than something wider (#8), and they're cheaper. But dang. I really hope the felt doesn't give issues with my hopper, otherwise I'll be stuck with just a speedloader.

I noticed with my HAMP that slugs actually work better with hoppers. I guess that the felt helps make the seal better.

#33 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

If someone is happy to get me 200 or so felt pads, I should be able to half make my stefans over here, and I'll finish them at Flash's. I'd like white if I get a choice of colour...

#34 popatachi

popatachi

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

Sorry lionhawk,

Heading down to Virgina is a bit too far out of the way.

And Brit,

I would recommend not going with the white felt pads, they unravel a bit too fast. I've heard the green and blacks ones are better.

#35 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

Sorry lionhawk,

Heading down to Virgina is a bit too far out of the way.

And Brit,

I would recommend not going with the white felt pads, they unravel a bit too fast. I've heard the green and blacks ones are better.

Aren't they also a lot harder to find? It obviously wouldn't make much of a difference if your darts are some crazy color like red, but if, like me, your darts are grey or black, they could be kinda hard to find if the head doesn't at least show up through the grass. Also, why would one color be different in strength than another? According to McMaster the only difference is in the color.

Unless, of course, McMaster is racist (isn't EVERYTHING racist these days in this politically-correct word?) and shows preference to one color over the other.

I kid, I kid, but seriously, why is there a difference in strength/durability?

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#36 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

Count me in on this one. I should have a few guests and depending on what car I use, I may be able to car pool from columbus down.

Just got some new foam and weights just need to get some dots before I am ready to go.
QUOTE(Mr BadWrench @ Apr 18 2010, 05:44 AM) View Post
quote of the year

Camo: OUCH, WHAT WAS THAT!?
Prince Valor: That, Was a HIT!!
IRC
21:36 Talio: However Vacc and I have consensual sexual activity on a regular basis

#37 chop

chop

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

Of course, I'll make a guest appearance.

Edited by chop, 07 February 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#38 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

Alright, I'm going to be plain and simple here. The banning of BB darts is stupid. I understand slingshot weights, as I've gotten a nice welt with one of those that lasted a while.

Dome darts are as safe, or safer, than the average slug when made correctly. A hole is burned into the foam, creating a well. You should then add some glue to the bottom, drop in your weight, then glue to the top of the hole, then create your dome. This not only covers the weight, but secures it into the foam. The only way I've ever seen a BB come out of a dart is after being fired from a BBBB into a brick wall at the 2009 Winter Columbus War.

As for felt dots, has it ever occurred that not everyone has a source? Not all people can order things willy nilly online, and my local arts stores don't supply felt dots. Another drawback of the slugs, they cannot be weighted correctly for some people. The closest washer I have found around my area was an sixteenth of an inch too wide on each side. The next closest was a sixteenth of an inch too narrow on each side. The first wouldn't fit into my barrels. The second fishtailed out of my AR removed raider. Neither gave me any reason to use slugs. A third reason, not everyone has the most powerful blasters. I myself prefer to run around with an Eliminator as my primary, and a Longshot as my secondary. I don't believe an eliminator has ever hurt anyone, and my Longshot barely hits 80' on a good day.

Slugs are not an equalizer, but cause decrease in range from almost any weapon. This may be fine with +bows, rainbows, and other high powered blasters, but it leaves those of us who prefer to be unique and use what you most likely consider "less common" blasters to be taken out first, unless they are extremely good at dodging high speed darts being launched from out of their blaster's range.

If I am in attendance, I plan to use my already made stock of darts. It's not an aging technology, it's just another way to do things.

Edited by boisie, 07 February 2011 - 05:10 PM.

QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#39 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

If I am in attendance, I plan to use my already made stock of darts. It's not an aging technology, it's just another way to do things.

Broken, do you think we could do a "get shot from 20' with your darts and most powerful blaster you plan on using" thing in special cases like this where slugs aren't an option for a person and the blasters being used are mostly underpowered? Otherwise anyone who can't order from McMaster or can't pay to have darts made for them is pretty much screwed....

#40 BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

Alright, I'm going to be plain and simple here... blah blah blah here's my unsolicited opinion on a moot issue blah blah blah

Slugs or stock darts.

If I am in attendance, I plan to use my already made stock of darts.

Not so much.

#41 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

I will possibly be attending.

Lots of stuff to do before then, so I can't say for sure. Hopefully this can be the first war of the year for me.

#42 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

Alright, I'm going to be plain and simple here... blah blah blah here's my unsolicited opinion on a moot issue blah blah blah

Slugs or stock darts.

Not so much.

You obviously have either lost or were never capable of grasping the true concept of nerfing. Which is to have fun, shooting foam from little kids toys, on a budget. To become a Nazi about such a simple and petty subject as the type of weight used in darts for over 15 years, is absurd. Nerf in my 3 years, has always been about bringing people together from all around to have a good day of foamtastic fun. Have BB weighted darts ever left welts? Of course. Have felt tipped darts ever left welts? YES! Its all the blaster, angle, and range. Any mix of variables that are thrown at you in a war.

I would love to come down and share the true spirit and fun of nerfing and see some fellow nerfers that I haven't seen in close to a year, which is why I am politely challenging this rule, to open your horizons to a wider variety and group of people.

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#43 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

Slugs or stock darts.

Not so much.

You obviously have either lost or were never capable of grasping the true concept of nerfing. Which is to have fun, shooting foam from little kids toys, on a budget. To become a Nazi about such a simple and petty subject as the type of weight used in darts for over 15 years, is absurd. Nerf in my 3 years, has always been about bringing people together from all around to have a good day of foamtastic fun. Have BB weighted darts ever left welts? Of course. Have felt tipped darts ever left welts? YES! Its all the blaster, angle, and range. Any mix of variables that are thrown at you in a war.

I would love to come down and share the true spirit and fun of nerfing and see some fellow nerfers that I haven't seen in close to a year, which is why I am politely challenging this rule, to open your horizons to a wider variety and group of people.

Well the 'true spirit of nerfing" doesn't include inflicting pain on others either. It's a blanket ban on hot glue tips to ensure fun for everyone. The hosts have discussed it, and the decision has been made.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#44 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

Thats just it, they don't cause anymore pain then felt tipped darts when made correctly. And since when have you all become such little girls? We used to judge how good of a day we had based on the number of welts we accumulated.

But your decision is your decision, and well have to respect that. We will be hosting our own war in the near future for men that can take a hit. You are all welcome to attend, just don't forget your purse at home.

BMX Forum

#45 BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

You're the only person giving large amounts of pushback. I'm yet to see the polite angle you mentioned either.

Now, politely leave my thread. We have business to take care of here, which doesn't involve debating something which is already decided.

#46 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Please pardon one last off-topic post, but could I ask all you kind folk to move the discussion on slugs vs. domes (vs. anything else) over to this thread?

That way

1. It won't hijack this thread.

2. It will be joined by people who aren't interested in a war in Ohio.

3. I've set up a pretty open survey and am interested in what all y'all use.

==

Edit: As a gift to Brit, and to make the war go smoother, I'll be honoured to supply a few hundred slugs to the war hosts as a community dart bin.

Edited by taerKitty, 08 February 2011 - 01:44 AM.

Fugly is a feature.

#47 BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for the regroup taer.

Enough dart bitching...let's talk REVOLUTION!

Six states, and 2[confirmed] or 3[rumors] countries represented folks! This is hyoooge!

Did anyone mention tshirts?

Edited by BrokenSVT, 08 February 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#48 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

I'm also a maybe. I'll be carpooling with Ryan, so it's pretty much both of us or neither. I'll figure out if I'm coming as the date approaches.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#49 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

I'm also a maybe. I'll be carpooling with Ryan, so it's pretty much both of us or neither. I'll figure out if I'm coming as the date approaches.

Heck if Ryan can't drive you and you're ready to go I'll drive and you can carpool with me
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#50 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

Everyone bring a stock N-Strike blaster for photos.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users