Long Strike With Missile Blast Internals

MB tank minimization too!!!

13 replies to this topic

#1 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:33 AM

So like many others I was a little more than dissatisfied with the Longstrike's performance. However the shell is very comfortable and has been on my mind to increase it's power.

So I have been contemplating replacing the internals with something a little more powerful. I dont own any AT3Ks or the like. I had thought of using the Mega missile but they are harder to find in stores. The other problem with the Mega Missile is the fact that the tank and pump are staggered. Making it difficult to keep the aesthetics of the Longstrike

Then my friend mentioned the new Missile Blast. Perfect. Everything would be inline as the Longstrike shell allows.

So I first took out the Missile Blast Internals.

Posted Image

I noticed that the pump tube could be removed from the tank. The only thing holding it to the tank tube is an o-ring and friction. Once I discovered that I could test fit the pump into the top rear of the Longstrike. From the beginning I had wanted the pump handle to come straight back out above the stock.

Once I got the pump tube fitted in, I roughly measured where I want the tank then took my pipe cutters (the type with the circular disc and two rollers) and cut the tank tube short.

Posted Image

Below is a picture of the pump tube's male end that joins with the tank tube.
Posted Image

The stock end of the tank tube is chamfered. So I replicated this angle on the newly cut tube end.
Posted Image

Here are the internals inside the Longstrike. I cut a rectangular slot to match the pump handle and recycled the Missile Blast trigger bar to line up with the Longstrike Trigger.
Posted Image

I added a 1/2 PVC coupler and cut the stock black barrel off. I will eventually make a simple breech for this but for now it shoots great.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I havent range tested it other than shooting it inside my apartment it clears the 30 feet just fine. Range should be the same as a normal modded missile blast.

#2 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

Very nice. Pretty clean, too. I like what you did with the pump handle.

#3 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

Very nice. Pretty clean, too. I like what you did with the pump handle.

Thanks. Actually after doing this mod, Im pretty sure I did not have to cut such a large hole on the sides of the shell. I could have cut a smaller hole and make it look even cleaner.

#4 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

whoops double post

Edited by Solscud007, 01 February 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#5 T dog

T dog

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

I was totally digging this mod until I saw what you did with the pump.

One of the things I hate about the BBBB/UMB is the awkward pump placement. I'm shocked you decided not only to keep the pump in the back of the gun, but you made it even more awkward with the stock. Maybe the pictures are deceptive but it looks like you can't grip the pump handle while pumping without raking your nuckles across the stock.

I do understand that it makes things much easier to keep pump and airtank in line, but it seems to me that you sacrificed some of its war practicality in doing so.
Grains not brains!

#6 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

I was totally digging this mod until I saw what you did with the pump.

One of the things I hate about the BBBB/UMB is the awkward pump placement. I'm shocked you decided not only to keep the pump in the back of the gun, but you made it even more awkward with the stock. Maybe the pictures are deceptive but it looks like you can't grip the pump handle while pumping without raking your nuckles across the stock.

I do understand that it makes things much easier to keep pump and airtank in line, but it seems to me that you sacrificed some of its war practicality in doing so.

I have med-large hands. My knuckles do not rake against anything. Also you dont need to really grip the pump handle exactly. it is very easy to prime.

#7 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:33 PM

Once you try this in a war I think you will be wishing you moved the pump to the front, you have to switch positions to prime it the way you have it. Very similar to the raider mod http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19961

Edited by Blue, 01 February 2011 - 02:36 PM.

#8 Aj

Aj

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:44 AM

Once you try this in a war I think you will be wishing you moved the pump to the front, you have to switch positions to prime it the way you have it. Very similar to the raider mod http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19961

Haha, I made that yo

It started a "airgun in n-strike shell" revolution in Aus, which is pretty balls as all the lazy noobs have turned the game into a standoff.

However, another forum member on the OZnerf forum - Winterstrike - completed this mod about 6 months ago, using 4B internals and the same pump placement

Given the amount of n-strike shelled airguns I've seen recently, I'm rather disappointed people are all going for the super easy coupler option rather than trying to make a clip taking breach or even finding a neat place to put a chopper or something

Still the OP's is a decent example, nice and clean.

Aj

Edited by -Aj-, 02 February 2011 - 02:45 AM.

Foam Sports Australia - Founder

Check out my Youtube - Adelaide Nerf

#9 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

Haha, I made that yo

It started a "airgun in n-strike shell" revolution in Aus, which is pretty balls as all the lazy noobs have turned the game into a standoff.

However, another forum member on the OZnerf forum - Winterstrike - completed this mod about 6 months ago, using 4B internals and the same pump placement

Given the amount of n-strike shelled airguns I've seen recently, I'm rather disappointed people are all going for the super easy coupler option rather than trying to make a clip taking breach or even finding a neat place to put a chopper or something

Still the OP's is a decent example, nice and clean.

Aj

Actually AJ, with the placement of the tank, I could have easily fitted a wye instead of a coupler and have a hopper clip come out the ejection/jam port of the Long Strike. As I only have one Wye at the moment I went with the coupler.

I decided to make this a little more fair for indoor use. This blaster has long reach, relative to mostly stock guns, but extremely long reload time. It is a balance of power.

Edited by Solscud007, 02 February 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#10 LT DAN ICE CREAM

LT DAN ICE CREAM

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:41 PM

I'm a huge fan of taking air powered blasters and cramming them inside of the N-Strike shells, as evident by my blaster in the Mods/PJ thread. I'm currently trying to slap a Big Salvo tank and a hopper inside of a Raider that has a functional foregrip pump, but it is turning out to be a pain in the ass.

This is a beautiful piece of work, my friend.

#11 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

I'm a huge fan of taking air powered blasters and cramming them inside of the N-Strike shells, as evident by my blaster in the Mods/PJ thread. I'm currently trying to slap a Big Salvo tank and a hopper inside of a Raider that has a functional foregrip pump, but it is turning out to be a pain in the ass.

This is a beautiful piece of work, my friend.

Thanks. The bigges PIA was making the orange nerf extension attachment barrel large enough for 1/2 PVC. I used a 1" spade bit and put the orange barrel lug in a vice. It was kinda scary drilling out the inner circle.

#12 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

I like springers, but I like airtank guns a lot more. I love the idea of integrating tanks and pumps into springer shells. I find that most air guns have uncomfortable shells and priming procedures, and I believe the worst by far is the UMB. It SUCKS to prime that thing. Nice mod.

#13 Inferno Falcon

Inferno Falcon

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

If you're going to keep the pump there consider replacing the MB pump handle with a 3/4 pvc tee. I find it's more comfortable.

#14 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:59 AM

If you're going to keep the pump there consider replacing the MB pump handle with a 3/4 pvc tee. I find it's more comfortable.

Thanks ill keep that in mind. The stock priming handle is a little big. I dont have any 3/4 tees at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users