A Must-have Book For Every Nerfer

Even if you don't read!

13 replies to this topic

#1 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

I just love the fact that all he did was change the color and remove the front gun handle.
Posted Image
I can't vouch for what's inside, but I'm considering getting a copy for the nerf-factor alone.

The artist also seems to be a fan of super-soakers, they're on some of the other covers.
Posted Image
For whatever reason the super-soaker is disguised a little better, unless this is another nerf blaster and I'm stupidly missing it.

I'm not trying to restart the "nerf in popular culture" thread, but I thought this specific example was good enough that people would appreciate it.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#2 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

You gotta appreciate that the artist this guy hired took the same girl, changed her costume, drew her twice in the same pose, and added weapons that look like they could've been photoshopped in from a Hasbro box. Bravo.

Edited by CROW, 27 January 2011 - 06:37 PM.

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#3 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

Wait, these aren't photographs?

#4 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:26 AM

Wow fail sci-fi is failing.

There are some guys from my city who go to events like running races dressed up as Boba Fett, Darth Vader and some stormtroopers, the Boba Fett has a longshot that looks exactly like this one.

Also I'm back, probably didnt have much of a presence for anyone to notice I left, but whatever here I am.
The only nerfer who could kick your ass with a dart tag gun but not with a xbow

NERFSTRONG #44

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

Why is modern book cover art so terrible? We used to have cover are that looked like this:

Posted Image

Now we have cover are that looks like this:

Posted Image

#6 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

Why is modern book cover art so terrible? We used to have cover are that looked like this:

Why hire an illustrator when you have Photoshop?
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

I bet you ask yourself that question every single day.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#8 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

I ask myself why people bother to look at the cover art.Not that I dislike art, mind you, but I never saw the point of pretty pictures on the front of Zork games, or anything for the Atari either.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

Yeah, but these have nerf guns on them. Book immediately good.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:39 PM

The artist is clearly doing this as a favor to cosplayers. Prop work takes most of the time in the hobby, and now it's just a matter of a pray-paint job, and you too can be Kris Longshot.

#11 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:33 AM

I ask myself why people bother to look at the cover art.Not that I dislike art, mind you, but I never saw the point of pretty pictures on the front of Zork games, or anything for the Atari either.

It's all about advertising. A blank game cover isn't going to sell as well because parents are going to assume it's boring and that their kids are going to hate them christmas morning because they got something dumb. That's why they let the limited editions have classy covers with just a logo or whatever. They know if anybody's dedicated enough to shell out the extra $10 or $20 they already know what the game is about and would buy it anyways. The box art is there to draw in and sell to non-fans.

Book covers are a little different. After you buy a game it sits on a shelf and you only see the cover when you pull it out for 2 seconds to switch games. A book cover is still advertising after you buy it, because the publishers are assuming that some people will be reading it in public. On the bus or in the park or whatever. So the more faith a publisher has in the text, they more they will spend to make sure the cover looks appealing.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#12 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

The artist is clearly doing this as a favor to cosplayers. Prop work takes most of the time in the hobby, and now it's just a matter of a pray-paint job, and you too can be Kris Longshot.

But don't people cosplay well-known characters? I doubt anyone's heard of this series.
Fugly is a feature.

#13 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

But don't people cosplay well-known characters? I doubt anyone's heard of this series.

Thats why the publisher did nerf artwork on the cover, Nerf = cool!!! And everybody buys what Nerfers buy!! It's like a car advertising campain, instead of "follow the Skoda driver" it's "follow the nerf hype"!!!!

So everybody will know of this book in no time!......................not......................
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#14 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

This thread is officially stupid. I am saving the board from having to read it anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users