Photo

Tek 3 Mods

8 replies to this topic

#1 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

This came about due to me finding a broken tek 3 at my friends house. He let me have it, and after messing around for a few hours, this soon appeared.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks pretty much like a cheapo blaster right? Correct. It fires maybe 10 feet.

Stock Internals

Posted Image
[credit to jerm from nerfornothing]

My internals

Posted Image

Take apart your blaster, no difficulties there. It will most likely explode on you, just try not to lose any parts.

Take out the AR's

I added a piece of rope because my friend broke off the ring you usually prime it back with. The rope is E-6000'd on, and the joint is covered with e-tape.

Remove the plunger and the spring.

The spring is pretty nice, much stronger than I expected. Take the plunger tube and take off the O-ring. Replace it, or do like I did, and put e-tape underneath it, for a better seal. I happened to find some white lithium grease in my desk, so I put some on. That stuff is magic.

Posted Image

I sawed off the useless part of the barrel, and stuffed some crayola in there, to be a dart holder. Its held on by velcro.

Posted Image

The front part of it is in the background

Posted Image

In total, its 8 dart holding capacity.

Shoots about 20-25 feet.

And it comes 3 for $5 at target. A pretty rockin sidearm.

Questions? Comments? Flames?

Edited by mysterio, 05 February 2011 - 08:14 PM.

If two powerful is a problem then just go with one powerful. I guess this style of hopper will work even beyond three powerful..

15:46 *** Buff is now known as TheGdiddler
15:51 TheGdiddler I'M GONNA GRAPE YOU"

#2 NimbleFellow

NimbleFellow

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

Nice writeup, i singled mine and it got a bit better ranges though.

#3 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

Yea, I wanted to retain the indexing barrels thing. I really don't like singling things, for some reason.

If two powerful is a problem then just go with one powerful. I guess this style of hopper will work even beyond three powerful..

#4 guardian21

guardian21

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Wait... You cut off most of the barrel to the point where it looks like darts would be dangling halfway out of it. Forgive my stupidity (barrels have always been my weak point in modding) But even if the front half of the barrel was too big for a seal with the dart, at the very least would it not prop your darts up for a little more accuracy?
DATA!

#5 guardian21

guardian21

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

F*** Sorry. Double post.

Edited by guardian21, 28 January 2011 - 01:04 PM.

DATA!

#6 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

Wait... You cut off most of the barrel to the point where it looks like darts would be dangling halfway out of it. Forgive my stupidity (barrels have always been my weak point in modding) But even if the front half of the barrel was too big for a seal with the dart, at the very least would it not prop your darts up for a little more accuracy?

Thats what I thought too, but the part of the barrel thats left hugs the darts pretty tightly. and its still accurate. Its one of the perks of buzz bee.

#7 iDrag0m1r

iDrag0m1r

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

Now all you have to do is put barrels on it.
I AM JUNIOR!

#8 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

Now all you have to do is put barrels on it.

I'm still iffy about that. I want to have this be easily concealed. Like for HvZ, etc.

#9 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

I'm still iffy about that. I want to have this be easily concealed. Like for HvZ, etc.

Posted Image

Is that concealable enough for ya?

Edited by Ozymandias, 29 January 2011 - 08:12 PM.

If you wish to post anything HvZ related, here ya go.

"...if you've ever suffered the effects of a fucking faggot retard overpopulation, you'll understand what devistaiting effects it can have on one's psyche." - Talio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users