Photo

Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

The Exquisite PA War: The kickoff event!

74 replies to this topic

Poll: Which date should we use? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Which date in March should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

Yay 200th post and with that I would like to present to you TEPAW!!!

Hey spring is coming up and its time to war again! I invite you all to come out to TEPAW! I hope to make a major war every 1 and 1/2 to 2 months and more local wars (but anybody/everybody is still invited) bi-monthly.

If you dont have a NH account then contact me via email: buppy3030@yahoo.com

When and where?
- The date is MARCH 19TH
- Time: 10:00 - 5 or 6 However long we feel like it!
- Park: Chickies Park, Mount Joy, PA
Pictures of park here. The pavilion that we will use is the one on the left or center of some of the pictures, It is strait across from the parking lot.

Details/what to bring:
- Gears said he is going to try to co-host it with me.
- Try to arrive at about 9:30-9:45 for rules and junk
- We will try to start a round at 10:00
- Lunch: Please bring a bag lunch or money and some sort of transport to a local restaurant (subway, Chinese takeout, burgerking, sonic, etc)
- Bring your guns: bring any of them you want to sell or trade and obviously your guns you are going to use. I am completely open to buying, selling, or trading.
- Also bring mele weapons and swords for mele and just playing around during breaks.
- I would suggest bringing a sweatshirt at least because it can be cold still in march.

Rules:
1. Eye protection – Bring eye protection no matter how old you are, I don’t care just bring it!
2. Respect others/guns – Please do not be a douche and horse around. Just play nice and we will be fine. Also if you are using another person’s gun or even just trying it out, you must ask first and make sure the owner knows and is ok with what you are doing.
3. Respect the park – I do not want to have to pay for a fine for vandalism or littering so do try your best to not break anything and if you do let me know right away.
4. Dart sweeps – I would like everybody to participate in dart sweeps so that we can start the rounds faster and we will pick up more darts.
5. If you are under 13 please bring a gardian or parent (they can play too if they want we have some parents that play)

Gun Bans:
- The usuall: Singled plugged titans and junk like that.
- I will have a more detailed list once I talk to gears and we work talk about it
- Darts: Slugs are prefered but if you dont have slugs then that is ok for this war we will be a little lax but we will try to enforce slugs for later wars so please keep that in mind!

Game types:
- 3:15, 4:20, 5:0
- Classes
- Medic
- Freeze tag
- Juggernauts
- Anything else we can think of to play

Ok so who is with me? Btw my email is: buppy3030@yahoo.com for those who need it!

Definates:
- RedShot (duh) +1 or 2
- Gears
- Slightlysane813
- Michael
- ClownieX +2 or 3
- Muttonchops
- indiancobra3000 + 1
- ice
- Flamingcows
- Princexbuster
- The mod man
- Seven7h Man + a few?
- Awsomestuff0001 + 1 or 2
- emokid1767
- One_long_shot

Mabys:
- Koree
- Dizzuduck
- Talio
- Lionhawk
- Shandsgator8
- Nerf_monkey
- Langley
- evilbunnyo
- bpso86
- Vortex + 1 or 2
- union131
- LTJG Rob

UPDATE: Just as a little note, I am working on mobsticals for the war and there will be more cover for the war now.

Edited by RedShot, 20 March 2011 - 04:41 PM.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#2 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

I had a great time last war. If we can get that size of group/quality of nerfers again to say they'll go, i'll definitely be there.

#3 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:01 AM

I can't make the 5th, and probably won't be able to make the 26th but if there is anyone going up from the DMV I'll see what I can do.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#4 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:28 AM

Ok I added a poll so we can try to pick a date that the most people can go. Please dont vote if you are not going or do not plan on going. Thanks!
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

Couple of things. 1. Dart restrictions. If I can make domes I will, but let me tell you this, fired out of my pumpbow, it's not going to be pretty. You sure you want to get nailed by that? 2. Why are we doing this all the way west of Lancaster when most of the attendees live out this way? 3. I will still go out there if someone wants to give me a ride, but I'm not driving the whole way there and back just to play in a park. We've got parks here. 4. Keep in mind that alot of the same attendees will be attending Grid Code on the 26th. This is going to be very close to that date so the first two weeks after that are not going to be enough time to prepare and make darts. 5. I'm definitely not coming if Dizzy is. I don't like him and being in his presence is severely unpleasant. He also invites himself along to lunch with you when he never would have been in the first place.

So yeah, I'm a pretty extreme maybe at this point. I'm not going to vote because I can't vote for two dates. But the first two dates would just be downright stupid and will certainly limit your number of attendees.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

You can count me as an almost definite and maybe +1 if my friend wants to go.
I havn't talked to him in a while.

As for the date im open to all four of these saterdays.
Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#7 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

I'm a maybe. And dizzy, I'm from the DMV area, but I'm not sure my dad wants me(a 13 year-old) to be riding with a young adult.

#8 One long shot

One long shot

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

Mark me as a definite maybe. I'm in Elizabethtown 15 minutes away and could make it just about any Saturday. I'll let you know as the date draws nearer.
Weirdness is a relative concept; If I'm weird to you, then what do I think is weird? If I'm it for you, what's it for me?

#9 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

He also invites himself along to lunch with you when he never would have been in the first place.

Still bellyaching about Spring DCNO 2009?

If it really is that big of an issue to you, you might as well plan on not attending.

And dizzy, I'm from the DMV area, but I'm not sure my dad wants me(a 13 year-old) to be riding with a young adult.

Do you already have a ride in place or are you looking for one?
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#10 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

No, I'm belly aching about your personality. Which is tremendously intolerable. We can put it all behind us when you either learn to shut the fuck up or gain some self awareness.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#11 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

No, I'm belly aching about your personality. Which is tremendously intolerable. We can put it all behind us when you either learn to shut the fuck up or gain some self awareness.

Already apologized for PAwar 09, but that doesn't seem to be enough for you. So I've pretty much given up.

We can keep airing out old grievances, or we can nerf. Which is it going to be?
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#12 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

It's not anything you've done in the past. It's your actual personality I don't like. Like you as a person. And at this point I think I've made it clear I have no interest in nerfing with you.

#13 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

It's not anything you've done in the past. It's your actual personality I don't like.

Fair enough.

I stand by what I said earlier. If I can find a ride up I will plan to attend.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#14 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Alright so gears has confirmed his attendance and we will try to work out more details as they come.
[RedShot]

#15 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

I was considering coming, but if Gears is co-hosting, this is some sort of LGLF war.
Teehee.

#16 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:43 PM

He also invites himself along to lunch with you when he never would have been in the first place.

Still bellyaching about Spring DCNO 2009?

If it really is that big of an issue to you, you might as well plan on not attending.

And dizzy, I'm from the DMV area, but I'm not sure my dad wants me(a 13 year-old) to be riding with a young adult.

Do you already have a ride in place or are you looking for one?

No, looking for one. My dad will probably not drive me down from VA.

#17 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

I was considering coming, but if Gears is co-hosting, this is some sort of LGLF war.

Is that a problem? Why dont ya come down anyway :]
[RedShot]

#18 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

Lglf wars are the best wars. There is no way you're getting away with this. Because we are getting breakfast at Shady Maple beforehand. You don't know what Shady Maple is? You best find out.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#19 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:31 AM

Shady maple is da BOMB!

Also if you guys are good with it, Gears made refrence to putting the date at the 12th because he said it is two weeks after grid code and two weeks before the HvZ game in Penn State.

So if you guys want to move it back to the origional date of the 12th maby we can because I saw a couple that cant come to one date and some that cant come to another and others said they can come whenever so just give me some feedback about it.

Please refer to my next post concerning the update about the date!

Thanks! :] Look forward to seeing a bunch of you there!

Edited by RedShot, 16 January 2011 - 12:44 PM.

[RedShot]

#20 also not nerf monkey

also not nerf monkey

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

Put me down as a maybe

Edited by nerf_monkey, 15 January 2011 - 01:05 PM.

Life is hard, then you die. When life gives you lemons, take them and squirt them in peoples faces!!!!!!

#21 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

Ok so update on possible date for the war. I know that it has no votes in the poll but I havent seen anybody that cant make it on the 19th so I think that will be the best date. It gives enough time after grid war and I think it is enough time for some of the earlie April games. So that is what I am going to do. At this point that is when we could possibly have the most attendies (about 14 at this point). That is if all the maybe's and confirmed people go and I know that some wont make it and there will still be others that will come so yeah plan on the 19th at this point.

Sorry for all the date changes so I think this will be the final date (I hope).
[RedShot]

#22 One long shot

One long shot

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

If it's on the 19th, then I can make it. I've got a retreat planned with my church youth group on the 5th, so th 19th shouldn't be a problem.
Weirdness is a relative concept; If I'm weird to you, then what do I think is weird? If I'm it for you, what's it for me?

#23 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

Wow sorry for updating the main post wrong! I ment to put 19th not the 12th so yeah it is the 19TH!
[RedShot]

#24 qwertyupp

qwertyupp

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

There is an EXTREMELY slight chance I might be able to come, plus a couple. It all depends on if I can get my mom to drive me. I'll find out more when It gets closer to the actual date.

EDIT: And, I forgot to ask what time it would end at.

Edited by qwertyupp, 17 January 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#25 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

Alright I hope you can come because I would like to get a sizable number here!

Well there is no official end time but ususally people are leaving by about 5 - 6 pm but I can play as late as people are still there! So anytime you have to leave but if I had a 'magic' number it would probably be 5
[RedShot]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users