Photo

On The Subject Of Mines...

9 replies to this topic

#1 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 11:26 AM

Lately i've seen a couple of "mine" designs. One CO2 powered, one rubber powered...but not an air powered one yet. I can't imagine why, i mean, air is the easiest system to work with. And it wouldn't be that hard to make, anyway. So what you would have is a high volume airtank, connected to a...this is important...solenoid valve. Then the valve goes to a high capacity barrel, filled with whatever you want to shoot. The main part in this is the way you trip it. You see, you have the negative and positive wires to the solenoid valve. On wire connects to the batteries, the other isn't connected to anything. Then, you take long green (for camo) wire, and run it to your trip device. The device is basically two sheets of light metal, held apart by a spring, cushion, FBR, etc. So, when someone steps on it, the two sheets touch, thus completing the circuit, and the mine fires.

Edit: I'm not planning on building one of these, nor would i think of bringing one to a war. I'm just saying people are jumping over the obvious answer...i don't know what you'd want one for, though it be funny to scare the heck out of one of them darn'd gophers.

Edited by texmustache, 25 April 2004 - 01:46 PM.

#2 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 25 April 2004 - 12:16 PM

Regardless of construction, if anyone brought a nerf "mine" to one of my wars...I'd berrate them until their tears washed the camo paint from their nerdy little faces. You people need to get out and fucking NERF! Stop drawing up diagrams for foam doomsday devices and shoot someone for the love of god!

VACC

#3 SkiMan

SkiMan

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 01:15 PM

Meh, I'm sure some people are in Nerf more for the modifying/designing aspect than the actual Nerfing.

Remember legos? Personally all the fun for me was building stuff with them, I never really played with them once they were built, although I'm sure lots of people went the other way and followed the exact instructions to build whatever it was and then played with it forever.

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 01:18 PM

To mine or not to mine, that is the question...

I dunno, I love modifying, constructing, etc but you still have to draw the line somewhere.

Anyway, the solenoid/pneumatic mine has been discussed over and over for years. You're right, it's (by far) the most obvious design.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 04:40 PM

But who wants to pay $20 or more for a trap?

See, if my friends were alright with traps, I'd have just made some trip-wired, foam-tipped bladed pendulums, spinning foam sheet blades (think Indiana Jones), or something crazy-fun such as that. Basic traps are lame, it may as well be you hiding in the bush.. :P

The only reason I can see to spend money on an electric valve would be for a laser tripwire, because that would just be fun to see in action.

I agree with Vacc, however. Organize a war rather than a hunk of plastic.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#6 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

The odds of the players not knowing where the mine is, that you brought a mine, are going to step on it, and are going to hit it...are very slim. A min would be a cool thing to have, but dont expect it to be usefuie: reliable.

THIRST
ko

#7 jpshyboi9

jpshyboi9

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:30 PM

I'm sorry but when I read these plans for nerf mines, I don't really understand them very well. I quess I'm a sort of "need to see it" kind of person in order to undterstand it :P ! So, if you have one of these "nerf mines," then could I please see a picture of it? I don't care if you pm me or post it, just lemme see a picture of one of theses frickin' mines!

Edited by jpshyboi9, 25 April 2004 - 07:31 PM.

#8 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 11:56 AM

How about this idea....

Posted Image

!!!!!I'm sorry about the size!!!!!

Edited by blink_182, 30 April 2004 - 12:13 PM.

New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#9 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 02:59 PM

Nice design, it would work perfectly if you were playing against a team of blind retarded children who you forced to wear earmuffs while Nerfing at night. You people do realize that for mines to be really effective you have to plant a whole lot of them without your team realizing right?

-"Hey, what are Tommy and Jeffy doing over?"
"I dunno, it looks like they're burying something."
-"Oh... you know that Nerf Landmine they were showing off before was pretty cool."
"Yeah, I guess. Hey! When they're done burying whatever it is they got over there lets go walk over the EXACT spot they were digging in!"
-"Ok! Hey can I take these earmuffs off now?"
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#10 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:08 PM

Oh I know Famine; I was never planning to build one. For someone like Tommy and Jeffy, now they most likely would? Just a suggestion
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users