Big Blast Misfires?

Why

8 replies to this topic

#1 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

So I got my BBBB, cracked it open, put a PVC coupler where the barrel used to be (secured with super glue, hot glue, and epoxy), plugged the pump, and secured the internals with glue. I had a little fun shooting with the internals and no case too. However, when I put the internals in the case and seal it back up, the gun releases its air and fires after pumping 4-5 times. I opened the gun again and sure enough it works fine with just the internals, close the gun back up and the same problem arises. :P
Has anyone else experienced it and can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks
MAV13

Edited by MAV13, 11 January 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#2 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

So I got my BBBB, cracked it open, put a PVC coupler where the barrel used to be (secured with super glue, hot glue, and epoxy), plugged the pump, and secured the internals with glue. I had a little fun shooting with the internals and no case too. However, when I put the internals in the case and seal it back up, the gun releases its air and fires after pumping 4-5 times. I opened the gun again and sure enough it works fine with just the internals, close the gun back up and the same problem arises. :P
Has anyone else experienced it and can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks
MAV13

Does it fire on it own after 4-5 pumps and you can still pump it up again (sorry if this is worded weird)?
Please, call me Busted.

#3 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Yeah it fires on its own. I can continue to pump it afterwards but it misfires again after the same number of pumps.

#4 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

Then I'm guessing that your problem is in your tank. Check to see if you got any plastic shavings inside of the tank, and clean them out. They can screw stuff up.

#5 ghost recon

ghost recon

• Banned
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

[quote name='MAV13' date='Jan 11 2011, 09:18 PM' post='292666']0
Yeah it fires on its own. I can continue to pump it afterwards but it misfires again after the same number of pumps.
[/quo
this happend to my umb put a stronger trigger spring inlike a extension spring and it should stop if not check te inside of the shell for anything that would make it go off(sorry im lasy so i dont punctuate)
--------------------

"This thread must be either pregnant or just not that time of the month cause I don't see a period anywhere."

#6 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

Well, I opened it, compressed the stock trigger spring a bit, and reglued the internals more snugly. This appears to have fixed the problem. Thanks everyone!

#7 thesoxfan1234

thesoxfan1234

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:26 AM

I think your problem to begin with was that there was something in front of the air release seal, causing it not to seal right and when you got to a high pressure the air release seal gave away and let all the air out.
16:57 Snake51886: Demon Lord is the goddamn king of parkour!

-thesoxfan1234

#8 The lord of fish

The lord of fish

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:56 PM

This usually happens when the tank is not secured well. when you are pumping, you get to a point that instead of pumping air, you are pushing the tank forward while the trigger is still stationary, causing the pin to be pulled and the air being released.

Sox: You have no idea what you are talking about, over pressure release valves do not release all of the air in the tank.
Do you think she'll sleep with a panic switch?

#9 BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

He didn't say a thing about the OPRV, interestingly enough. He was absolutely correct however, in his theory. The problem stems from cutting way too large a hole for the coupler to feed through, which is exactly why when I mod them, I don't cut a hole at all. The stock setup is perfect if you use the correct hardware.
REVOLUTION Be there or be square.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users