Basically I have taken the triple shot and did a spring addition (a longstrike spring) and a relatively complicated barrel replacement. The 1/2 CPVC couplers fit perfectly over the piece where the dart use to go, however thereís a catch. The couplers need to be sanded down so that they fit together and so that the turret fits back onto the rotating mechanism. (yeah sorry I donít have many pics of the before and during the mod because I decided to make the write-up after I did the modification. When you get the blaster and take it apart it will make sense.) The sanding needs to be done to make room for the posts from the rotating mechanism and for the other couplers. The sanding requires a belt sander (which is what I used), a skilled dremel user (if the sides of the couplers arenít flat the spread could be goofy), or an insane amount of time and patience with some sand paper. Here is a close-up picture of the sanding that is visible:
After all the barrels fit snugly together the turret needs to be hot glued to the rotating mechanism here:
this keeps the turret in place since the screws that use to do this have nowhere to go anymore.
After that the actual barrels need to be made. Mine are about 3 inches.
The final product is beast of a shotgun with a tight or wide spread depending on how the barrels are aligned. I havenít had the time to do an actually range test but with screamers it hits waist level from 40 feet flat. Two stefans can be loaded into each barrel with rather devastating effects at close range.
Edited by bonsylrc, 09 January 2011 - 07:53 PM.