Lanard Triple Shot Re-barreled

its still a shot gun

22 replies to this topic

#1 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

Edit:Title changed. i understand the reasons not to put "done right" in the title but it bothers me to see people singling the triple barrels of this blaster.
Posted Image
Basically I have taken the triple shot and did a spring addition (a longstrike spring) and a relatively complicated barrel replacement. The 1/2 CPVC couplers fit perfectly over the piece where the dart use to go, however there’s a catch. The couplers need to be sanded down so that they fit together and so that the turret fits back onto the rotating mechanism. (yeah sorry I don’t have many pics of the before and during the mod because I decided to make the write-up after I did the modification. When you get the blaster and take it apart it will make sense.) The sanding needs to be done to make room for the posts from the rotating mechanism and for the other couplers. The sanding requires a belt sander (which is what I used), a skilled dremel user (if the sides of the couplers aren’t flat the spread could be goofy), or an insane amount of time and patience with some sand paper. Here is a close-up picture of the sanding that is visible:
Posted Image

After all the barrels fit snugly together the turret needs to be hot glued to the rotating mechanism here:
Posted Image
this keeps the turret in place since the screws that use to do this have nowhere to go anymore.

After that the actual barrels need to be made. Mine are about 3 inches.
The final product is beast of a shotgun with a tight or wide spread depending on how the barrels are aligned. I haven’t had the time to do an actually range test but with screamers it hits waist level from 40 feet flat. Two stefans can be loaded into each barrel with rather devastating effects at close range.

Posted Image

Edited by bonsylrc, 09 January 2011 - 07:53 PM.

QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ May 28 2009, 05:20 PM) View Post

In other equally and worth posting news (sarcasm) I was doing front flips on my trampoline today.

#2 kidame tomanaka

kidame tomanaka

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:44 PM

not bad, i give you some props for this only being your 10th post its really not that bad.

Edited by kidame tomanaka, 09 January 2011 - 01:47 PM.

FLY #YOLOBOW FLY!
Wars Attended: NENO-CT 1-13 APOC -NJ13' 14' 15' 16' Frozen Foam-NY 15' Plains- PA. 15'

#3 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

not bad, i give you some props for this only being your 10th post its really not that bad.

lol thanks i'll take that as a compliment XP

In other equally and worth posting news (sarcasm) I was doing front flips on my trampoline today.

#4 NerfGeek416

NerfGeek416

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

It's a lot better than "not bad" in my opinion. I believe you are the first person to successfully mod this without removing the triple shot feature. Props.

#5 iDrag0m1r

iDrag0m1r

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

BritNerfMogul did this a bit back, but with brass. It really isn't a new concept.

Edited by iDrag0m1r, 09 January 2011 - 04:36 PM.

I AM JUNIOR!

#6 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

It's a lot better than "not bad" in my opinion. I believe you are the first person to successfully mod this without removing the triple shot feature. Props.

yeah i thought i might have been the first but i wasn't really sure. i checked the haven and didn't find any so i posted it.

#7 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

BritishNerfMongul did this a bit back, but with brass. It really isn't a new concept.

It's a new concept because it is a different barrel material and it uses couplers.

This is very cool. Can the barrels be removed from the couplers? Major props to you!

#8 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

Meh, mine looks nicer...
Posted Image

But nice work none the less....

#9 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

I can't believe no one has mentioned how he said, "Done right". There is no mod that is "done right". Although this may be cool, I don't think "done right" should be in the title.

#10 iDrag0m1r

iDrag0m1r

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

BritishNerfMongul did this a bit back, but with brass. It really isn't a new concept.

It's a new concept because it is a different barrel material and it uses couplers.

The couplers don't really help at all, with 12 barrels.
I AM JUNIOR!

#11 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

FDSGWMSPA ???? I guess we can settle for "LTS"

Well if it counts for anything, the Canadian group has been calling the LSG for the Lanard ShotGun
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#12 Green Wing

Green Wing

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

Nice job, even though I don't believe in the "Done Right" part.

#13 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

I ALSO DISAGREE WITH THE DONE RIGHT PART

#14 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

This is very cool. Can the barrels be removed from the couplers? Major props to you!

yes the barrels can be removed from the couplers and thanks

#15 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

I can't believe no one has mentioned how he said, "Done right". There is no mod that is "done right". Although this may be cool, I don't think "done right" should be in the title.

yeah I didn't really mean that. It just bothers me how some people single the triple barrels

#16 windtex1

windtex1

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

I love how you kept the triple shot feature too. I have two opinions on the "done right". The first one is that this mod is, in fact, done right. This is because the main feature of the stock blaster includes the triple shot and you kept it that way. It can be done right because you keep the stock features, just make them better. The other side of the argument is that no mod is done right. Personally, I rather do zorns mod due to better ranges. Even though it changes the features, it still gets better ranges, rear loading, etc..... therefore rendering it more "perfect" in a sense makeing it done right. I agree with several people that no mod is "done right"...but many are done very,very well.

EDIT: You changed the title, I didn't realize...but I still have somewhat of a point.
I am open to contracts. I am relatively cheap. PM me

In Soviet Russia, blasters mod YOU!!
In Soviet Russia, darts shoot YOU!!

legendary, just...legendary
I make home-mades

#17 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

You might want to try connecting each set of three barrels. It seems like that would make it a bit easier to reload.
I really like this mod, especially because it keeps the "shotgun" effect.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#18 ghost recon

ghost recon

• Banned
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

yeah I didn't really mean that. It just bothers me how some people single the triple barrels

I singled mine and it gets amazing ranges but the triple shot is more effective I was wanting to do what you did but didnt find a post on it so I just made the quad shot
--------------------

"This thread must be either pregnant or just not that time of the month cause I don't see a period anywhere."

#19 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

Well, if you hopper a quadshot it will be a beast primary. But I guess wider spread can be pretty cool.

#20 Vengeancedemon

Vengeancedemon

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

Hehe let me guess you also trolled on uin13's topic about how he modded the quadshot "the right way". Your not contributing at all.
"The point of war is not to die for your country but to make the other B*****d die for his." General Patent.

#21 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

I'm sorry if this is a noob question but what are the ranges?

I'd just like to know because the triple shot feature basicly make each barrel get 1/3 of the air.
Please, call me Busted.

#22 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

I'd just like to know because the triple shot feature basicly make each barrel get 1/3 of the air.

true each dart does get 1/3 of the air but this blaster has a massive air chamber. I'm not exactly sure what the ranges are but all three darts hit about waist level at 40feet away.

#23 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

true each dart does get 1/3 of the air but this blaster has a massive air chamber.

yeah, your right about that.
Please, call me Busted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users