Photo

Easy Spring Finds

5 replies to this topic

#1 meierboy97

meierboy97

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

ok so i realized at the beginning of my modding career that catch springs are a pain to keep track of if ur not careful, and also that the springs in pilot pens are strong and god catch springs. also i haven't tried this, but if you get the springs from insides of toilet paper holders and attach them to each other it might possibly work. if u ardy knew this don't get all mad and stuff i just thought it would be good to share. :)

#2 windtex1

windtex1

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

What exactly is the point of this thread? I understand you want to share how you use a specific spring but you would not have to start a whole thread for that. The easiest spring to find is a spring at a hardware store or on mcmaster. If you want almost any type of spring, mcmaster is your friend. However, if you do not have access to mcmaster, your best bet is a hardware store. Why take apart a whole toilet paper holder thing or pen when you can get a better spring for cheaper. Just go to a hardware store and you will find what you need. I hope this helps.
I am open to contracts. I am relatively cheap. PM me

In Soviet Russia, blasters mod YOU!!
In Soviet Russia, darts shoot YOU!!

legendary, just...legendary
I make home-mades

#3 meierboy97

meierboy97

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

i just thought it would be easy im sorry jeez... the toilet paper thing was just random but the pen thing is just an easy thing that ive done with random pens around my house, which makes it free...

#4 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

I have used toilet paper holder springs in NFs before.

#5 windtex1

windtex1

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

i just thought it would be easy im sorry jeez... the toilet paper thing was just random but the pen thing is just an easy thing that ive done with random pens around my house, which makes it free...

Sure pens and toilet paper springs are fine but if you want a precise spring , go to a hardware store. Pen and toilet paper springs should be a last resort. However, you can do whatever you want...
I am open to contracts. I am relatively cheap. PM me

In Soviet Russia, blasters mod YOU!!
In Soviet Russia, darts shoot YOU!!

legendary, just...legendary
I make home-mades

#6 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:34 AM

ok so i realized at the beginning of my modding career that catch springs are a pain to keep track of if ur not careful, and also that the springs in pilot pens are strong and god catch springs. also i haven't tried this, but if you get the springs from insides of toilet paper holders and attach them to each other it might possibly work. if u ardy knew this don't get all mad and stuff i just thought it would be good to share. :P

If the pen spring is small, you could probably use it for a catch spring. The toilet paper spring is good for Mavricks. :)
Please, call me Busted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users