Photo

New Gun

4 replies to this topic

#1 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 08:21 PM

Today I was going to cinci and we stopped at wal-mart. At wal-mart I found a new gun that shoots these plastic darts that are smaller than nerf ones. It is a pump semi auto gun. It has a spring loaded clip that holds ten rounds. Its called the Light Storm Dart Blaster LS2. Its made by Jakks Pacific Inc. It's red and black. don't know if you could mod it, I haven't really looked at it. Its only ten dollars and there about 6 left after I bought mine. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up about it, someone go out and try to buy one. By the way its not one Jakks Pacific website.
"Is luck a loser's excuse for a winners position?"

#2 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 08:31 PM

How is the performance of the gun unmodded? Does the clip work pretty good?

#3 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 09:22 PM

There are two versions of the gun, a 10 dart version and a 5 dart version. I have the 5 dart version of the gun, and it sucks. The range is less than 10 feet for me.

There is absolutely no easy way to mod it, because the whole system relys on the stiff plastic the darts are made of. Also, the clip is too thin to accept mini stefens. (It may fit the smallest FBR, but I don't know)

I might try something on it, especially since it does no good collecting dust in my basement, but I highly doubt it could amount to anything.

However, I would like to note that the gun uses absolutely no barrel system whatsoever. The darts just advance up into the chamber, and a tube launches forward as it releases a tiny bit of air. I found that the forward motion of the air-tube does more to propel the dart than the air itself.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#4 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 09:22 PM

Sorry, to burst your bubble, but those have been out for a while. The clip system is pretty nifty, but the gun is hard to mod. I bought the Light Storm 6, but the internals where way to complex, and performance wasn't all that good.

Edited by texmustache, 24 April 2004 - 09:22 PM.

#5 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 12:25 PM

Yes these guns have been out for a while they just havent discontinued them yet. Also there is a third one, the LS3, that shoots i think 14-18 bullets. i really dont think its worth the $10, go but yourself some twin teks and mod them.I have bought the LS 1 and LS 2 and it is a waste of money.

Edited by uche-uche, 25 April 2004 - 12:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users