Mod Get Togethers

Cool things to do before a war.

8 replies to this topic

#1 HappyHalloween

HappyHalloween

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:52 PM

Just had a cool idea. So you know how we could help new members come to the community to war with us? Offer a little mod help "class" or get together before the war! We could even do this with good modders too! Lets say some one want a snap. Some one cut out the wood, some one make the trigger assembly, some one make the seal, some one makes the Catch, etc.
Then we could probably cut down mod time by 90 percent! This would be an awesome thing to do with some people before a war! Now im not saying to give a noob a PACbow. But if some one needs some materials or just a small amount of help on a mod, I think that would be a great idea. Like help a noob mod a BBB or a BBBB or a NF. Personally I just cant perfect turreted quad shots or SNAPS. So if I reallly want a SNAP or quad shot, I could do it to the best of my abilities then have a better modder help me if I have a problem! But this doesn't mean that were gonna do everything for people or be lazy ass pussies and have others do every thing for us.
Feedback? Comments? Flames?
Happy member of the NIC!

#2 WicketTheModder619

WicketTheModder619

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

Strange...this really sounds like a mod party, which nerfers do very frequently. And honestly, if they can't mod themselves a gun from all of the write-ups on this site to use at the war, then they probably shouldn't be going. Besides, ever heard of a loaner gun?
23:06 Buffdaddy: As long as they aren't doing it all night, don't care.

#3 HappyHalloween

HappyHalloween

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

What's a mod party? I've never seen a post about those before. I know what loaner guns are.
Happy member of the NIC!

#4 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

Mod Party: Where nerfers gather together to modify nerf guns together.

The first time i heard the term nerf party I already had this general idea.
Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#5 Brutal 770

Brutal 770

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

Personally in my experiences of modding nerf guns, I have learned the most from just screwing up my gun and then thinking of a way to fix it, which has always worked for me. And also the write ups on this site are very good, if you cannot follow them then you probably won't be able to follow some one teaching you how to meet the objective. Also it takes a commitment from a member to do this and I sure wouldn't want to show up to a war an hour to two hours early just to teach something to someone when they could just learn how from the internet. It is a nice thought, but it is also a very impractical one.
It's an injection attack against this version of IPB. We'll be down intermittently while I upgrade the site.

If I put ads on NerfHaven you'll know it. They'll be for drugs... and hookers... and duct tape.

By Cxwq

#6 Nerf Gra

Nerf Gra

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

I think its a great idea. For one, not everyone can learn by just reading and copying from pictures especially with poorly written write ups and poorly taken pictures, which is uncommon for this site but has been known to happen. Also it would be good to show them techniques that are not easily or even ever shown or talked about. It could be something small that you wouldn’t even think of as being that important but it could be the difference between success and failure of the person as a modder. Some people have to literally be shown how to do something. It’s like when I learned to weld we had like 4 hours of class time learning theory and looking at pictures but that didn’t mean that I could just jump right into the shop and run a perfect bead, it took me till my instructor took us out and showed us how to hold the torch, how to hold the rod, when to dip it, when to add more heat, when to pull back a little. Furthermore I think that it would be a good opportunity to teach people WHY they do stuff not just how to do it. I find that the more educated someone is on the principles of something like this the better they will understand it and the easier it will be for them to innovate further. Frankly I think that there need to be more good modders who can do more than just copy what other people do. Hell if something like this is the difference between someone being happy and being fulfilled by the hobby versus them turning from it cause its to “hard” then I would say its worth it.
QUOTE(VelveetaAvenger @ Dec 6 2010, 12:14 AM) View Post

Maybe there's no Mcmaster, but you could make the first coconut airtank.

#7 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:19 AM

I'm not saying this isn't a good idea, but you learn more on your own. My first mod was a Longshot with frontgun integration. By only tools were a bread knife and hot glue. After 2 months of tinkering with it, it finally worked perfect. Now I can (basic) mod Longshots without paying attention. Also it took me a month before I could figure out what to do with a Recon after it 'sploded.
Keep in mind I (almost) never follow writeups, I only use them to see what parts do what. Other then that I do it myself, my own way. The only writeup I followed was b00m13's mod contest Bow, which I had to improvise some parts that I didn't have.
The point it, you learn better from your own mistakes, and you get that much better by yourself and with you own intuition and insight.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#8 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

Mod partys are just as usefull for noobs as they are for experienced modders. Even the most seasoned modder can be shown something new, and be inspired. It's amazing what a fresh perspective can provide. Granted new nerfers will benifit the most, and many nerf wars disolve into them anyway.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#9 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

HappyHalloween, this is your only warning. Use the search engine before posting anymore topics. Everything you've brought up has either been posted before or violates our basic guidelines. The next useless topic you start will be your last.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users