Photo

Has Anybody Tried To Shorten The Stroke Of A Stampede?

it increases the rate of fire

3 replies to this topic

#1 hockeyfights118

hockeyfights118

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

I know this isn't an airsoft website, but if you are familiar with airsoft, you would know that if you sand down the teeth on the piston and the gear needed, it would increase the rate of fire. Since the stampede has a piston, I was wondering if anyone had tried it.

For some of those zombie players, doing this does lose you range (at least in airsoft) though it makes the ROF awesome. Plus, after a spring, seal, and voltage mod, it could be one hell of a gun.
I love nerf.

QUOTE(Poseidon @ Oct 2 2009, 05:28 PM)

Stalk... do you mean "stock" or are we talking about corn now?

#2 Y-Brik

Y-Brik

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:59 PM

Seeing as voltage mods up the ROF to the max allowed by CS-style blasters, I see little point in this, especially since it decreases range in the process. I'd stick with the "spring, seal, and voltage mods".

As I said I have not not alot of testes yet but I will be once I finish the mod.

Why I am boycotting Hasbro

#3 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

I am pretty sure the internals of the Stampede are up in the internals directory, I think it's stickied. Take a close look at it and see if you think it's possible, and then try it yourself.

Around these parts ideas are a dime a dozen, what counts are ideas that have at least been tried, avoid making pure idea topics like these ones. Even if the idea fails it's better than some theorical topic. Just FYI.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#4 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:42 PM

Sanding the gears shortens the stroke which is how the stampede (and vulcan) work in the first place. You could achieve the same result by putting in a much weaker spring. There've been plenty of quality posts explaining the half gear system and any amount of research or intelligence would reveal how stupid the idea is, thread is, and OP is.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users