Stampede Jam Problem (please Help!)

It won't fire.

5 replies to this topic

#1 zander2

zander2

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

Hey guys, sorry for more noob questions, but I'm having a problem with my stampede. I did a spring upgrade/AR removal (nite finder spring), I put everything back where it should be according to a tutorial, and I'm sure I did everything right except ONE thing. Where you put the bolt sled back in, theres a small orange piece of plastic sticking out of one of the gear wheels, and I'm not sure if that's placed correctly in line with the bolt sled. Anyway, now when I close it up and try to fire it, the bolt sled goes forward and then instead of firing and going back, it makes gear-grinding sounds over and over again and won't fire. I have to open it up again to de-prime it. I've adjusted that piece of plastic by the gear MANY times and I get the same result. Any ideas?
TL,DR: Stampede is stuck primed and it may be a gear problem. What did I do wrong?

#2 Niteshot

Niteshot

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

Take the NF spring out of there. It simply doesn't belong. Either that, or you have your batteries backwards.
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 7 2010, 10:31 AM) View Post

For the love of fuck. The next person who announces that they are using something in their signature, ever, is banned. I fucking hate you.

#3 zander2

zander2

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

Take the NF spring out of there. It simply doesn't belong. Either that, or you have your batteries backwards.

Then how is it that other people get a spring in there? Don't tell me you need to up the voltage because I've been told it works with stock voltage, just a lower ROF. And no, I don't have my batteries backwards XD

#4 Niteshot

Niteshot

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

Then I have no idea. Try upping the voltage. Because I put a BBB spring in mine today, it wouldn't fire. I added 6.5V and the thing handles like a dream.
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 7 2010, 10:31 AM) View Post

For the love of fuck. The next person who announces that they are using something in their signature, ever, is banned. I fucking hate you.

#5 iDrag0m1r

iDrag0m1r

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

By lower ROF, they probably meant so slow it jams like crazy. Just take out the spring, of boost the voltage.

Edited by iDrag0m1r, 28 December 2010 - 07:15 PM.

I AM JUNIOR!

#6 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:44 AM

Your gearbox might be misaligned. Try reopening the blaster, removing the plunger assembly, manually turning the main gear until the non-toothed part is exposed, and reassembling.
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users