Zero Talent and Sniper Wolf

26 replies to this topic

#1 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:37 PM

Happy Birthday!
"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
— Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

#2 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:05 PM

Happy Birthday!

Alright, I'm gonna do a spinoff to the song to accomodate the one NH admin that I haven't poked fun of yet...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear ZeroTalent and SniperWolf,
Don't let Spoon get you!
Spectre of the CFM

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:11 PM

Hey hey, happy birthday guys.

Does 19 get you alcohol in Canada?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 SkiMan

SkiMan

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:45 PM

Why yes, yes it does...

I highly recommend an overnight to Windsor. Just inside Michigan, across the border from Detroit. Lotsa clubs with no cover with lotsa people there to have fun, good time to be had by all. Just make sure that the driver of the car is very sober and confident when coming back into the States at odd hours of the night, and that everyone has their ID's & such.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Happy Birthday!

Edited by SkiMan, 23 April 2004 - 05:45 PM.

#5 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:21 PM

Happy b-day guys.
Die with honor...Fight with pride...
Aim toward your goals...Quicken your stride...
With great power comes great responsibility.

#6 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:16 PM

Happy birthday guys. Zero, go out and drink some quaility juice, like Zima.

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:49 PM

Happy birthday guys. Zero, go out and drink some quaility juice, like Zima.

Um, nothing against your lousy taste in alcohol or anything but Zima is utter crap. Sprite mixed with bear urine might be tastier than Zima.

Brings back memories of my first off-topic post on NO. The subject was along the lines of "What's Your Favorite Beer?". I think it was Ash who went psycho on me. Seemed to think I was inflicting permanent emotional damage on the kids.

#8 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 12:18 AM

Um, nothing against your lousy taste in alcohol or anything but Zima is utter crap.

I know it is. I mean I have never tried Zima because I'm only sixteen but I can tell what is a crappy beer when I see one. Right now I can throw back some livewire's (the best soda ever made).

#9 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 01:36 AM

I know it is. I mean I have never tried Zima because I'm only sixteen but I can tell what is a crappy beer when I see one. Right now I can throw back some livewire's (the best soda ever made).

Zima was introduced when I was ~16...

Yeah, Livewire is pretty good, though I've gone full circle (again) in the Dew pantheon. Green -> Red -> Green -> Orange -> Green. Red and Orange both lasted about 4 months for me.

Hellllllllo, Green. It's good to be back.

#10 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 08:27 AM

I don't really like Green Mountin Dew. I have a weird reaction to it and it makes me throw up.

I really like Code Red. That one tastes the best to me, although I haven't tried Livewire.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#11 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 01:23 PM

I don't really like Green Mountin Dew. I have a weird reaction to it and it makes me throw up.

I really like Code Red. That one tastes the best to me, although I haven't tried Livewire.

Yeah, Livewire is like a mixture of Dew and Sunkist. Yummy!
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#12 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 11:09 PM

19, Zero? Good man! I'm 15 in a month.... Gonna be one hell of a party! :lol:

On the topic of drinking... I got some good stories... Not sure some would be... um... apropriate for the younger audiences, though.... :D

Edited by Hunter, 24 April 2004 - 11:14 PM.

Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#13 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 12:03 AM

On the topic of drinking... I got some good stories... Not sure some would be... um... apropriate for the younger audiences, though.... :lol:

Younger than 14? Heh.

#14 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 11:34 AM

19, Zero? Good man! I'm 15 in a month.... Gonna be one hell of a party! :lol:

On the topic of drinking... I got some good stories... Not sure some would be... um... apropriate for the younger audiences, though.... :D

Penis wagging alert.

Oh, and we all have our stories, but no one would really care to hear them/ read them now would they?
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#15 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 12:08 PM

Brings back memories of my first off-topic post on NO. The subject was along the lines of "What's Your Favorite Beer?". I think it was Ash who went psycho on me. Seemed to think I was inflicting permanent emotional damage on the kids.

No, that was deffinately me. But the idea wasn't to protect the kiddies (fuck them), it was that 13 year olds telling each other what their favorite beers are is retarded. I was just irritated at you and ash for encouraging the notion.

VACC

#16 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 01:23 PM

Penis wagging alert.

Not really... I don't wag my penis at other guys.... not my thing.

cxwq, I AM 14, 15 soon. And I don't have "favourite" beers because... well... I don't really pay that much attention to them. I guess when your 40 sitting on a couch at home on Friday night you might. :lol: Just bugging you.
Hunter

#17 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 04:47 PM

'Twas fun, I saw the Wednesday Night Heroes, The Rebel Spell, and some other fun bands over at the Picadilly pub as my sister tried to get me drunk. I was never much of a drinker though, so I just had two shots and some really crappy beer (as if there's any other kind!). Definitely not enough to have any effect, just wanted to make my sister happy by trying a China White.

Regrettably, even Canadians must be 21 in order to be of legal drinking age in your irresponsible country. Crappy when there are some really nice shows going on in Seattle.

Thanks to all who wished me well. I'm not one to make Happy Birthday topics myself, so I'll just beat the punch and wish everyone an 'early' happy birthday. :P
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#18 Duke

Duke

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:24 AM

Hmmm, on the subject of beer, what sort do you guys drink over in USA and Canada, just out of curiosity?

Over here, the most popular lagers are Stella, Fosters, Carling, Carlsberg.
Ciders: Strongbow, Blackthorne, Scrumpy Jacks
Ales: (depends on where you live - in Wales, where I live, its Brains SA all the way)
Bitters: Guinness, Murphys
Liqueurs: Baileys, Sheridans

Not much point in mentioning spirits, they'd be pretty much the same. Also haven't included bottles of girlie drinks (like WKD, Smirnoff Ice etc.. as I hate them).

I'd guess you'd have some, if not many of the drinks mentioned above, but in bars is everything served in bottles? Or do you have drinks on tap? You just always seem to see people drinking bottles in the movies in American bars, whereas here you'd get most things on tap in bars and pubs.

EDIT: Also, is 21 the legal drinking age everywhere in USA and Canada? Its 18 over here, so ha! :P

Edited by Duke, 26 April 2004 - 10:26 AM.

#19 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:45 PM

Happy Birthday guys, sorry a little late. But I haven't seen sniperwolf on the forums in forever, do you guys know if he still nerfs?
"Is luck a loser's excuse for a winners position?"

#20 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:45 PM

You just always seem to see people drinking bottles in the movies in American bars, whereas here you'd get most things on tap in bars and pubs.

Basically because the company that made the bottle pays the movie execs to put the bottle in the film. American beer* all tastes more or less the same so they work very hard to associate themselves with their advertising and image. Without the bottle, they're all the same crap.

By "American beer" I mean the US mass produced varieties such as Bud, Coors, MGD, etc. All complete shit. There are, however, many excellent US beers - they're just not consumed in such large quantities. In the following responses I'll ignore the beer generally consumed by teenagers, rednecks, and crack whores but still stick to beer you can find in a good grocery store or average bar.

Popular beer in the US

Lager: Sam Adams, Anchor Steam

Ale-Pale: Sierra Nevada

Ale-Brown: Pete's Wicked

Stout: Guinness

My US/International Top 5 list

1. MacTarnahan's Blackwatch Cream Porter (US)
2. Guinness Draught (Ireland)
3. Sam Smith Nut Brown Ale (US)
4. Duvel Special Ale - Red Label (Belgium)
5. Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager (US)

#21 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 03:50 PM

Duke: In Canada the age is 19, which is why Zero is so special now. :P

Some American beers have 1% alcoholic volume (Coors Light) and that is not a real beer, no matter who you ask. I really don't even care about what type and all that stuff... but 1%? Come on, even a lightwieght could have a few of those and still remember the day of the week she was born on.
Hunter

#22 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:37 PM

Some American beers have 1% alcoholic volume (Coors Light)

Though I'm not eager to defend Coors Light (redundancy, anyone?) I'll have to point out that it contains 4.0% alcohol. For comparison, Guinness Draught also contains 4.0% alcohol.

The problem with mass produced American beer is not alcohol content, it's complete lack of flavor.

#23 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:02 PM

4? Really? I'm holding a Coor's Light right now and it's 1.0% alcoholic volume. My dad bought it while in the States.
Hunter

#24 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:27 PM

4? Really? I'm holding a Coor's Light right now and it's 1.0% alcoholic volume. My dad bought it while in the States.

Google is your friend.

Various sources report it to be 4.0-4.36% by volume or 3.2-3.5% by weight. Alcohol content by volume is the international standard, while alcohol content by weight is the US standard. In fact, the phrase you used, "alcoholic volume" is not generally used in the US - here it would read "alcohol by weight".

I find the beer you hold confusing not just because it's incorrect, but also because domestic beer in the US isn't supposed to have alcohol content printed on the bottle/can at all. The Govt. decided that people would just buy the one with the biggest alcohol content and they didn't think that was healthy for us.

Are you sure it's not an export version intended for your country?

#25 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:42 PM

That IS wierd, I see why you might not believe me. I remember buying it at a convienience(sp) store outside of Seaside, Oregon. It says Coor's Light, 1.0% alcoholic volume in very small print under title on the box (40 cans)... Is there such thing as a fake beer? Like a take off, or something.... so wierd.

Maybe we are looking too much into this... :P

BTW I'm from Canada

PS. I love how you can buy alcohol from stores in the States. In Canada you have to go to the Liquer Commision. It makes it hard for minors to get a drink, suposedly...

Edited by Hunter, 26 April 2004 - 05:45 PM.

Hunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users