Photo

How Does A Big Salvo Tank Work?

10 replies to this topic

#1 joeri

joeri

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:06 AM

While I was doing a mod on my friends big salvo I saw that one of the tanks was broken, I couldn't see the orange thing in the middle. He gave permission to take it of, and I finished his blaster.
Now I have opened the tank up, I repaired the problem (I think), but the construction of the tank made me think, how does it work?
Please respond if you know the anwser.

Edited by joeri, 18 December 2010 - 11:09 AM.

#2 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:08 AM

While I was doing a mod on my friends big salvo I saw that one of the tanks was broken, I can't see the orange thing in the middle. He gave permission to take it of, and I finished his blaster.
Now I have opened the tank up, I repaired the problem (I think), but the construction of the tank made me think, how does it work?

It's a back pressure tank. I'm not exactly sure on the technical explanaton, but those are pretty cool. They fill with air, and there is a little valve that's held in place by the pressure of the air, and when there is a change in pressure in back of this valve it i.e. the trigger moving past the open air tube, this releases the valve and ta-da the tank fires. I'm sure someone eles can more accuratly explain this, but that's the simple version of the way they work.

Salindin

#3 joeri

joeri

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

So, because the loss of pressure behind the tank, the valve goes open and releases the air? Pretty ingenious system.

#4 sodizzle3113

sodizzle3113

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

While I was doing a mod on my friends big salvo I saw that one of the tanks was broken, I couldn't see the orange thing in the middle. He gave permission to take it of, and I finished his blaster.
Please respond if you know the anwser.

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=20078
The second picture down. SPV999 did a really good job of explaining it.

#5 joeri

joeri

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

I think I get it now :P , but what would be a good way to release it, A small ball valve or something?

#6 sodizzle3113

sodizzle3113

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

I think I get it now :P , but what would be a good way to release it, A small ball valve or something?

Generally a blast button.

#7 joeri

joeri

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:53 AM

I don't have a hornet or something like that, is there some way to make it yourself?

#8 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

http://www.spudfiles...ally-t8157.html
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

Fucking magnets. How do they work?
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 joeri

joeri

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:02 PM

Does someone have a good writeup for a blast valve?

#11 sodizzle3113

sodizzle3113

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

Does someone have a good writeup for a blast valve?

http://nerfhaven.com...de blast button
The search function is your friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users