Photo

Nerf Barricade - Clip Conversion - Mod Guide!

+ Demo & Test Fire Vid!

37 replies to this topic

#26 SgNerf

SgNerf

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:56 AM

Thanks!

Btw, "moddersunited" over at the HvZ forum has developed the clip conversion further and discovered another way to secure the clips... and his design seems to be able to hold the heavier 35-dart drum mags more securely:

http://forums.humans...pic,2338.0.html

Imho, that's a very good idea! :D
Nerf News & Reviews! >> http://www.sgnerf.blogspot.com
Nerf Mod Guides! >> http://www.modworks.blogspot.com

#27 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:23 AM

Thanks!

Btw, "moddersunited" over at the HvZ forum has developed the clip conversion further and discovered another way to secure the clips... and his design seems to be able to hold the heavier 35-dart drum mags more securely:

http://forums.humans...pic,2338.0.html

Imho, that's a very good idea! :D

Ha, I like it because its what I said to do!

#28 Niteshot

Niteshot

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

Now lets see someone use a longshot stock.
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 7 2010, 10:31 AM) View Post

For the love of fuck. The next person who announces that they are using something in their signature, ever, is banned. I fucking hate you.

#29 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

Now lets see someone use a longshot stock.

That's what I plan to do when I find a 'cade for $15 or less, I've got an old stock laying around anyway.

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#30 Niteshot

Niteshot

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

Ditto. I think (Don't quote me) you can get Barricades for something like $17.

For the love of fuck. The next person who announces that they are using something in their signature, ever, is banned. I fucking hate you.

#31 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

Ditto. I think (Don't quote me) you can get Barricades for something like $17.

I quoted you anyway :P

But yeah, 'cades have an MSRP of $20, although Targets have recently been selling them for $15 and even $12. At $12 you can get one heck of a secondary/indoor primary if you choose to duel wield.

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#32 Niteshot

Niteshot

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

I quoted you anyway :P

But yeah, 'cades have an MSRP of $20, although Targets have recently been selling them for $15 and even $12. At $12 you can get one heck of a secondary/indoor primary if you choose to duel wield.

Yeah. looked at my Target down the street. There were't any left, but I found the price tag. $11.99. Hopefully they restock this sunday.

#33 shardbearer

shardbearer

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

Wow. This is the same price as a Maverick. I can see this replacing the maverick as the cheap, high ROF blaster for the little kiddies.

Making a Barricade Manta would be awesome. Dual wielding them...

Edited by shardbearer, 09 December 2010 - 04:26 PM.

#34 DeathDart2k

DeathDart2k

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

OMFG no way am I able to that shit..... if i could HvZ machine use stampede 18 shot mags and make a manta out of them akimbo barricade mantas with 18 rnd clips... thats 72 shots
My story? My story...Hmmmm Im a no-name noob, who cant angel breach a longshot.....Trying to have fun and meet good people...Too bad theri isnt a MOD TIME if you will before a war...

#35 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

OMFG no way am I able to that shit..... if i could HvZ machine use stampede 18 shot mags and make a manta out of them akimbo barricade mantas with 18 rnd clips... thats 72 shots

What?

Anyway, that is amazing! I will definitely try this when/if I get a barricade.

#36 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:05 PM

Wow. This is the same price as a Maverick. I can see this replacing the maverick as the cheap, high ROF blaster for the little kiddies.

Making a Barricade Manta would be awesome. Dual wielding them...

It's not the same price as a Maverick. But it is a pretty good deal.

EDIT: On another note, It'd be cool to see this with a minimization mod as well, i.e. making the side parts that accommodated the turret smaller so the entire blaster could be thinner.

Edited by MavericK96, 09 December 2010 - 06:08 PM.

#37 Niteshot

Niteshot

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

It's not the same price as a Maverick. But it is a pretty good deal.

EDIT: On another note, It'd be cool to see this with a minimization mod as well, i.e. making the side parts that accommodated the turret smaller so the entire blaster could be thinner.

A LS stock or Raider magazine well would require that kind of minimization.

#38 shardbearer

shardbearer

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

They are both $12.

You could make a hair trigger by making something to keep the trigger back so that it is just touching the dart pushing mechanism, or putting something between them. Of course this would not work with the trigger activated power switch, but I personally don't like that mod anyway. Keeping the trigger half pulled in the middle of a fight would be too hard.

A minimization would be cool, but might require some polycarb to hold it together. You should dremel off that flash hider immediately though.

EDIT: So, just came up with this idea. Instead of cutting the shell apart and fitting the mag well in to the hole, just cut all the way across the gun vertically right in front of and behind the turret, then put the magwell in that spot. Nice and simple. Only problems would be holding the thing together.

EDIT 2: Anyone tried using a normal 9v battery?

Edited by shardbearer, 09 December 2010 - 09:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users