Hasbro changed the mold a bit for this clear version.
1. There is no removable bright orange flash hider like on the original Vulcan.
2. There is no notch to accomodate the orange flash hider.
3. New non-removable (without tools) orange tip.
4. 2 inch shorter barrel (the long orange tube)
5. Dart belt tips have been cut in half. I assume to make it easier to remove darts.
See the vulcans side by side?
If you look at the top of the standard vulcan; the orange flash hider has a "T" shaped raised section. There is a matching notch at the 12 o'clock position of the barrel tip. The Clear vulcan does not have that notch. So it cannot accommodate the flash hider without a little modification.
Here you can see the new clear vulcan vs the normal vulcan. See how there is a new orange tip? And I removed the orange flash hider from the standard vulcan
Here is the clear dart belt. notice how the tips have been cut in half.
Here is my vulcan collection. I just picked up the standard one off craigslist for $5!!!
Edited by Solscud007, 02 December 2010 - 11:23 AM.