Zombie Themed Objectives

3 replies to this topic

#1 Polyrhythm

Polyrhythm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:51 AM

Greetings all!

This is my first post on Nerf Haven as my account was recently just verified so I hope I do not come across as green as I am. I am glad to be a part of this community and I hope that everyone could help me with a quandry of mine.

I searched the forums for a bit if there were any topics about zombie styled nerf games and rules/suggestions and most specifically, objectives. I am planning a holiday themed zombie event for about twenty or so people this year and I am trying to come up with clever objectives that wfit the flavor of the event.

I have a suburban house built in the 70's with three entrances, a master bedroom, bathroom, dining room, living room and kitchen on the main floor, two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, and in the basement there is a bathroom, a large main room and a small side room. I have two desktop computers downstairs, an electronic dart tag flag, plenty of cell phones etc. We play with almost no lights on (except some christmas lights for the holiday flavor!).

We will be using all N-Strike products and a few products not made by Nerf for the event (specifically the scatter blast grenades). I have approximately 5 raiders, 2 stampedes, 2 rapid fires, 2 alpha troopers, a longshot, and plenty more.

I also am willing to drop a reasonable amount of money on it, especially if it is a reusable resource (we tend to do this about once a month or so).

I would like to have about ten or so boxes around my christmas tree wrapped with a lid on each that is wrapped seperately so they may be removed over and over. In a handful of the boxes and gift bags I would like to place ammo cartridges, weapons, etc. I think this would fit the flavor of the event quite well. I am toying with the idea of having a Zombie Claus come after the humans after they loot this stash but I cannot come up with a solid way to implement it.

I would also like to have four envelopes around the house with numbers on them that correspond to a locked four digit code on a cell phone that the team must find, crack and then call in backup, or something similar.

Let me know what you think! Thanks all.

Polyrhythm

Edit: I should clarify that the game should last about 30 minutes at the absolute most. It will probably be something like 4-5 humans vs 15-16 zombies. Zombies die in one shot anywhere on the body with a 5-30 second respawn depending on all kinds of different variables. I have not yet decided how many hit points to give the humans but I usually give them a medic class who can revive and generally reloads all the weapons and carries extra mags and guns, etc. They also have to find weapons for the team since it is almost pitch black and they only have a flashlight or two. I have a very mature and fair crowd so just about anything goes in terms of objective ideas, etc.

Edited by Polyrhythm, 02 December 2010 - 01:00 AM.

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:22 AM

Strike one. You didn't search good enough. There's tons of talk about zombie games already and tons of rules that exist out there. You obviously have no interest in actually looking for it, you just want to be spoon fed.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 Polyrhythm

Polyrhythm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

Alright, I can deal. I just need to know where some posts are that explain how things are run around here. It's clear that you are very serious about this, which is fine, I just cannot find any pinned posts about what is allowed and what is not. I am going to continue looking, because you've got me quite curious now.

Edit: Found your code of conduct, read it. I understand that you expect people to try to dredge up old information at all costs, I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Polyrhythm, 03 December 2010 - 12:53 PM.

#4 Necrose

Necrose

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

Alright, I can deal. I just need to know where some posts are that explain how things are run around here. It's clear that you are very serious about this, which is fine, I just cannot find any pinned posts about what is allowed and what is not. I am going to continue looking, because you've got me quite curious now.

.... have you even noticed the search bution on the bar with the code of conuct link? use that.
here I'm feeling genrous today.
...and so it begins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users