Photo

Nerf Gun Feedback Thread

23 replies to this topic

#1 qwertyupp

qwertyupp

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:14 PM

Ok, so it could be argued that a thread like this isn’t really necessary, but it can be useful if no one is a jerk.

Here’s the idea.
Post your gun’s name, manufacturer, a quick overview of stock performance/ what kind of potential it might have (don’t go into concepts, just mention whatever ideas you have quickly and simply)/ Whether it was worth the buy.

EXAMPLE:

Name: Raider CS-35
Manufacturer: Hasbro
Overview: This gun is the first one I have seen that utilizes “slamfire” making it one of the fastest shooting manual priming nerf guns on the market. It appears to have a reverse plunger, so it would probably be more useful in close range games like HvZ than deathmatch. I found it to be worth the price (Christmas present!) but if you’re low on dough; you may want to invest in a more economic gun. These usually go for about $35. I would recommend it to people who regularly participate in stock wars, due to the drum. Ranges are about 25-30 ft. stock.

Not too difficult to understand?

EDIT: Here’re a couple more guidelines:

Post gun names in bold

Try to keep modding stuff to basic AR removal, this is more for a general consensus of out of the box impressions than huge overhaul abilities. If the reader wants more on the gun, they can use that “search function” thingamajig.

Don’t be afraid to review a gun that already has been reviewed- unless your review is exactly the same. The idea is to show what most people think about this gun, not what just one person’s opinion is.

Give an estimate of ranges, or compare the range to some other generally used gun if you can. FLAT ranges. (parallel to the ground)

You can post one or two pictures if you want, but try to keep from wandering off topic. The idea here is that who ever is reading it can get a feel of what other people are saying about this gun.

Post away.

P.S. if a mod disaproves of this, stop posting.

Edited by qwertyupp, 30 November 2010 - 10:44 AM.

#2 glamdringguy15

glamdringguy15

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

Name: Nerf Maverick REV-6
Overview: A modern staple of Nerf, this gun was the first Nerf revolver style blaster. Extremely popular with kids, it has decent ranges out of the box, but can be modified to shoot farther and have interchangeable clips. Overall, I'd recommend this gun as a good sidearm, especially in stock wars. They usually retail for around $12.

Edited by glamdringguy15, 02 December 2010 - 12:52 AM.

QUOTE(Draconis @ Jun 17 2010, 01:56 PM) View Post

Also, would they be so devious as to retain moose, bears, and wolverines as legal council?

#3 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

The more I look at this, the more it makes sense. We have threads on modifications, internals, etc, but not a quick-list. I know a Nerf Wiki exists, so I'd suggest keeping this only for currently available blasters, and have it serve as the catch-all for noobs that would otherwise post threads of "Hay shud I get Vulcans or Stampeds LOLZ" threads.

Name: Tek 6
Manufacturer: Buzz Bee
Overview: This is an off-brand blaster, meant to compete with the Nerf Maverick. It has a 6-shot turret, advancing on priming. ranges are decent for your normal foam sidearm (20-25 ft), and at $5-$6 is cheaper than the Maverick. There is a bit more potential for modding because it has a normal plunger, as compared to the Maverick's reverse plunger - if you can get the turret apart, anyway.

Edited by Buffdaddy, 30 November 2010 - 12:15 AM.

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:05 AM

If mod potential is included, the tek6 is very difficult to take the turret apart. Also, I think keeping it to ar removal is good if you need this thread to choose a gun.

Name: Nite Finder
Manufacturer: Nerf
Overview: Simple single shot springer with a useless led light. Requires pipe cutters to open up barrel assembly, AR removal can be done with pliers or rotary tool.

#5 Darksircam

Darksircam

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

Name: Nerf Firefly REV-8
Overview: Eight-shot revolver with a useless flash function. Normal plunger system, unlike Maverick. Similar mod difficulty to the Mav though.
~$23

I think we should also include some stock range estimates, or compare it to something else. For example, all of the new clip system blasters are basically clones of the Recon, and have comparable ranges.

Name: Alpha Trooper CS-18
Overview: Like a Recon. Available only at Target. 18-shot drum clip is plenty for any skirmish. Slam fire, large clip, and low price make it a very good buy. Mod the same way you would a Recon - AR removal and breech, possibly powerstock.
~$20 Target Only

Edited by Darksircam, 30 November 2010 - 06:29 PM.

Travel Cost to TRU = $2. Eliminator pack = $15. Momentum testing = 2 lost darts. Outranging Recons with your mini pistol = priceless.

#6 KatanasPWN

KatanasPWN

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

Name: Nitefinder
Manafacturer: Hasbro
Overview: This is one of the most simple and most reliable nerf pistols ever made, its simple design makes it very reliable and it has a very large modding capacity for any mod from simple ar removal and putting rubberbands on the cocking handle (as an alternative to spring replacement) to nitefinder rifles and couplers for easy swap barrels. This blasters internals are much like the crossbows yet smaller. Practically any nerfer has owned one of these blasters at one time or another. Its a beginning modders best option whem choosing blasters.

Edit:blue beat me to it

Edited by KatanasPWN, 30 November 2010 - 12:25 AM.

Welcome to hell, I'll be your waiter this evening.

#7 Darksircam

Darksircam

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:43 AM

Name: Buzz Bee Big Blast ( BBBB or 4B )
Manufacturer: Airzone/BuzzBee
Overview: Comes with "rockets" but with a barrel replacement can fire stefans 70 feet. Air pressure powered.
~$15

Name: Big Bad Bow ( BBB or rarely 3B )
Manufacturer: Hasbro/Nerf
Overview: Bow arms are useless. Comes with arrows. Is more powerful any other Nerf spring-powered blaster out there now.
Ranges of about 40 feet with stock arrows, horrible accuracy. Without barrel replacement, you can launch darts about 45 feet. With barrel replacement, you can use inline clips or RSCBs with about the same ranges, can hit 60 feet singled.
~$25.

Name: Spectre REV-5
Overview: A newfangled Maverick. There doesn't seem to be much difference in performance, might be better than the maverick once modded. Comes with a barrel attachment and a stock. Basically a revolver version of the Recon pack.
~$20. Wal-Mart exclusive.

Speaking of the Recon...

Name: Recon CS-6
Overview: First clip blaster using the reverse plunger design. All later clip blasters have basically the same internals: Raider, Alpha Trooper, Deploy, Longstrike are all the Recon, albeit with some added features like slam fire.
Comes with a 6-shot clip, stock that holds a clip, barrel attachment, light, and scope. Given that the air delivery internals are the same, the Recon should actually outrange all later clip blasters because of the removable faux-barrel.
Useful for stock wars because of its compactness, but if you're just getting a single blaster get the Alpha Trooper instead.
~$20

Name: Longstrike CS-6
Overview: Longest Nerf Blaster Ever. Ho hum. Inside, it's basically a Recon. Only good thing is the stock, which holds 2 clips, one on each side. Don't get it hoping to outrange anyone.
~$35

Name: Reflex IX-1 (N-Strike version of the Dart Tag Eliminator)
Overview: Very small springer blaster. Uses a reverse plunger system like the Maverick's, but gets significantly better ranges. The orange plunger tube protrudes out the back when primed. Decent ranges, very good for assassin games or dual-wielding.
~$32 for a pack of 6 at Toys R' Us. Also found in a "card game" pack for $20 for two. Includes 2 sets of playing cards, also at TRU.

Name: Dart Tag Furyfire
Overview: Seems to be phased out in some areas. Essentially a 10-shot Maverick with a pump handle located in front. Very poor ranges, its main strength is in rapid fire.
$40 for a 2-pack, includes dart tag vests and goggles.

Name: Dart Tag Hyperfire
Overview: A 10-shot revolver. The older dart tag revolver. "Normal" Plunger system with an exceptional seal, compare to the Firefly. Better ranges than the Furyfire, possibly 35-40 feet when modded. It is less comfortable than the Furyfire to fire rapidly, but the improved ranges are worth it. It's also cheaper.
$18 with Dart Tag Goggles at TRU.

I think we should also eventually arrange blasters by type, as in (Revolver) (Clip System) (Single Fire Springer) (Airgun).
And probably stick all the "Recon clones" together, simply stating the differences in price and gimmicks.

Edited by Darksircam, 30 November 2010 - 06:32 PM.

Travel Cost to TRU = $2. Eliminator pack = $15. Momentum testing = 2 lost darts. Outranging Recons with your mini pistol = priceless.

#8 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:03 AM

Name: Power Strike 48
Manufacturer: Air Zone
Overall: This gun has a 48 round inline clip style cylinder with 12 barrels. The assembly rotates upon the pulling/pushing of the grip. By pushing the grip forward it feeds darts into a set of fast moving flywheels. This gun shoots great with a fresh set of batteries (4 AA). It has no moving trigger because the moving of the grip does all the action. It can shoot fast but if 'pumped' to fast it can/could jam. Very nice gun!
Color: Currently in red with some black highlights and orange tip
Price/seller:$30 at ToysRus
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#9 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

Ok, so it could be argued that a thread like this isn’t really necessary, but it can be useful if no one is a jerk.

Here’s the idea.
Post your gun’s name, manufacturer, a quick overview of stock performance/ what kind of potential it might have (don’t go into concepts, just mention whatever ideas you have quickly and simply)/ Whether it was worth the buy.

EXAMPLE:

Name: Raider CS-35
Overview: This gun is the first one I have seen that utilizes “slamfire” making it one of the fastest shooting manual priming nerf guns on the market. It appears to have a reverse plunger, so it would probably be more useful in close range games like HvZ than deathmatch. I found it to be worth the price (Christmas present!) but if you’re low on dough; you may want to invest in a more economic gun. These usually go for about $35. I would recommend it to people who regularly participate in stock wars, due to the drum.

Not too difficult to understand?

You can post one or two pictures if you want, but try to keep from wandering off topic. The idea here is that who ever is reading it can get a feel of what other people are saying about this gun.

Post away.

P.S. if a mod disaproves of this, stop posting.

Name: Crossbow
Mnufacturer: Air Zone
Overall: This is a fun and cheap little blaster that shoots foam rockets. It is not the must popular gun on the market and has some very interesting internals. It has no actual plunger rod, pluger head, springs, or O-rings. Even the way it's built, it shoots abot 25 ft stock. It is also a very fun gun to mod.
~$15 at Toys R Us

Edited by knexpert66, 30 November 2010 - 07:23 AM.

Please, call me Busted.

#10 NerfGeek416

NerfGeek416

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:38 AM

Buzzbee Berserker
Great gun. Has both an airtank and a springer with turret. The airtank is the same size as a 4B, and is capable of launching a dart well over 100'. The springer portion has 20 dart turret that is fairly easy to rebarrel. The PT is fatter than an NF, but not as long. Overall, one of the best blasters available.

#11 qwertyupp

qwertyupp

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

Guidelines edited, please look over them and edit your posts.

@blue; good idea about the AR, added to guidelines.

@darksircam; Good idea, will add to guidelines

@katanaspwn; As long as your review isn’t a clone of his, go ahead and post it. People browsing the thread can see: okay, there are three guys who like the nitefinder, one guy who doesn’t, could be a decent gun.

@knexpert; you can reply to the thread rather than to my post, which gets rid of a lot of unnecessary extra words.

Gun name: Magstrike
Overview: Love this gun. I would recommend this as a secondary to almost anyone, due to huge mod potential and simple basic AR removal. It takes about 25-30 pumps to fill up the bladder, and then you can unleash a storm of up to ten darts in five seconds. They usually go for $20 dollars, and I would recommend getting the yellow N-strike version, due to flaws people have noticed in the dart tag ones. basic ranges of the dart tag version are about 20 ft. and supposedly the yellow ones get 30 ft.

Edited by qwertyupp, 30 November 2010 - 10:43 AM.

#12 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

Adding on to Darksircam's look at the Recon
Gun name: Recon C-6
Overview: Only get this blaster if you are aiming for an indoor Primary or outdoor secondary due to it's reverse plunger system's power potential. Most people overlook this gun due to its reverse plunger system, but modded, this blaster is a "Magnum" of the indoor and with a magazine system, reloading is much faster than a single shot nitefinder. Mod it to shoot any stock dart (especially taggers) and it will dominate any other clip-system blaster opposing it. Spring additions I would not recommend unless planning on padding the plunger tube a lot to prevent breaking/cracking (yes it has happened to me).
Was it worth the buy?: Personally mine was given to me, but for $20 dollars, I think it's only worth it if you want to mod it to it's full potential. If you plan on using streamlines, like Darksircam said, get the Alpha Trooper.

Edited by Avatar of Woe(Brian), 30 November 2010 - 12:05 PM.

#13 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

Name: Stampede ECS
Manufacture: Hasbro/Nerf
Overview: This gun is actually a great gun. It is a great deal since you get three 18-dart clips, one 6-dart clip, and a bunch of darts, a pointless shield, and a handy grip/Bipod. I originally got this gun for the clips but when I shot it stock I realized that it had decent power. When modded (AR removal and e-tape around the plunger head) it gets 50-55 foot ranges flat. For this you NEED to pad the plunger head since when you are shooting it full auto at someone and take a few dry-fire shots it is not a nice sound to hear. (This is of course after and AR removal) I would not buy this gun expecting an to be getting a long-range gun. For a first-time modder I would not recommend modding this since there are so many parts that need to be put back perfectly for the gun to function.
This gun is great for close range/high ammo capacity need rounds. This gun is also beast with a Raider drum-mag .This gun is also great for screwing around with friends.
~$50-but it is worth the buy.

Edited by thedom21, 30 November 2010 - 05:03 PM.

Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would diddle shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

#14 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

Name: Secret Strike Pocket Blaster (SSPB)

Manufacture: Nerf/Hasbro

Overview: This small pump gun is relatively the length of a index card. It's small size allows it to be integrated into a variety of blasters. Stock this thing has a good kick for a blaster of this size. Cheap, usually found in stores for around 3$-4$. This blaster is great for Human Vs. Zombies as you could easily strap a few to your belt hoops with the connector found on the back of the gun. This allows a extra shot to be popped off at the last second. They also have potential when modded as people have claimed up to 70ft ranges with them.

Final Decision: For the price of them, they are definitely worth the money.

#15 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

Can anyone explain to me what purpose this thread is going to server beyond what we already have? If not I'm going to close it because this seems pointless.

Edit: Actually I won't close it but I certainly will not pin it.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#16 landstricker

landstricker

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

Name: Deploy
Manufacturer: Nerf/Hasbro

Clip system blaster with reverse plunger. Transforms from stealth mode(flashlight mode) to blaster mode(firing mode) by pressing a botton. The flashlight is not that good. The handle and stock aren't that stable when you apply to much pressure. Also is available in clear.

Ranges:25-30 stock
Comes with a 6 dart clip, the 6 darts and a strap(that's a little small).
Retail price: 19.99
Overall an O.K. blaster for the price.

#17 Darksircam

Darksircam

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:27 PM

Putting a link on the Modifications Directory to this thread would help new people with modding choice, and would be a good guide to lower the "which is better" threads. Just a good reference for modders who plan to nerf straight-out.

Also, we should keep the overview to an overview. Doesn't need to sound good, just give the info straight.

#18 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

Name: 8 Dart Blaster
Manufacturer: Air Zone

Overall: This gun has an 8 dart turret, which rotates when cocked. Ranges: About 15-25 feet. It can shoot about 10 feet less than a maverick, but when modded, can out-shoot it. Comes with 16 darts.

Color: Yellow
Price/seller:$30 at ToysRus
Decision: Worth the money if you're willing to do the mods.

If two powerful is a problem then just go with one powerful. I guess this style of hopper will work even beyond three powerful..

15:46 *** Buff is now known as TheGdiddler
15:51 TheGdiddler I'M GONNA GRAPE YOU"

#19 qwertyupp

qwertyupp

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

@Talio what Darksircam pretty much said. I wanted it to be a thread for people to pool their opinions of new nerf guns so that if your hunting for a new gun, you can see what a bunch of people are saying grouped into one area.

#20 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

Name: Barricade RV-10
Manufacturer: Nerf/Hasbro

Flywheel electronic blaster. Similar technology to Buzzbee Tommy 20. Uses 3xAA batteries.

Ranges:25-30 stock

Dart capacity: 10 darts
Retail price: 14.99

Pros: Semi-automatic. Yep you just press the trigger and it fires every time you pull it. No full automatic. Turret rotates on trigger pull by mechanical means.

Small, only a bit bigger than a maverick.

Cons: Fly wheel tech. very limited mod potential. SGNerf made a good post. Change to 2x14500 (AA sized) lithium ion rechargeable batteries. instead of 3xAA alkalines at 4.5v, 2x14500 are 8.4 volts. He also relocated the on switch to be trigger activated. saves battery life and noise is reduced since the wheels are not on all the time.

I like it cause it is semi auto. There are very few reliable semi auto nerf blasters. Its inexpensive and a fun indoor blaster, Get one.

#21 hockeyfights118

hockeyfights118

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

Can anyone explain to me what purpose this thread is going to server beyond what we already have? If not I'm going to close it because this seems pointless.

Edit: Actually I won't close it but I certainly will not pin it.

If you allow me, I believe the point of this thread was to have it be pinned so newcomers could come see what gun they would like the best for the price. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but we don't have any post meant for which gun to it. In my opinion, this will save from us from numerous and pointless threads about what guns for people to get. All they have to do is to read this and figure it out themsleves.
I love nerf.

QUOTE(Poseidon @ Oct 2 2009, 05:28 PM)

Stalk... do you mean "stock" or are we talking about corn now?

#22 NerfGeek416

NerfGeek416

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

Squeeze rocekt launcher
This blaster is made by Stomp rocket. It is about the size of a mav, and launches nerf-dart size rockets from a turret. The neat thing about this blaster, however, is that it is a semi-automatic springer. It primes and fires on the trigger pull. The benefits of this are obvious, but the short trigger pull means that this blaster has a plunger stroke of less than 1". It still manages to launch the rockets fairly far though. Ranges with stock rockets are about 25-30', but their accuracy make streamlines look like guided missiles. Nerf/buzzbee darts fit over the pegs, and go a consistent 15-20'.

#23 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=13132&hl=

It didn't work back then...
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#24 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

Good job, K9.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users