Airtech 2000 Help

A question about the tubing.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

I'm having some issues with my 2k. I have attached some 1/4 ID vinyl tubing directly from the pump to the tank, super glued and gooped it on. I'm going to be integrating this onto a LSFG handle or something of the sort so the tubing is very short. Anyway, when I try to pump it, the pump doesn't want to work at all. The pump doesn't want to go forward to push air into the tank. Is it a problem with the tank, or is it because of the ID of the tubing? Or do I just need a new pump? Thanks in advance, Abyss Mods.

#2 Beefstew0

Beefstew0

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

Where did you add the tubing to the pump? Is it beyond the check valve? Pictures would be nice.
QUOTE(ugh112 @ Dec 13 2010, 08:20 PM) View Post
What the @#!*% do you think i'm selling, my dick?

#3 dodobeam

dodobeam

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

You may need a new pump sounds like a check valve problem.
Learn to read!

#4 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

I got the tubing at menards. It is connected where tubing usually goes. I don't think it's a check valve problem because when the pump isn't connected to the tank it works fine.

#5 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:27 PM

I'm having some issues with my 2k. I have attached some 1/4 ID vinyl tubing directly from the pump to the tank, super glued and gooped it on. I'm going to be integrating this onto a LSFG handle or something of the sort so the tubing is very short. Anyway, when I try to pump it, the pump doesn't want to work at all. The pump doesn't want to go forward to push air into the tank. Is it a problem with the tank, or is it because of the ID of the tubing? Or do I just need a new pump? Thanks in advance, Abyss Mods.

You should probably take off the pump and see if it works when its not attached to the gun. If it still doesn't work, you've got a bad pump.
Please, call me Busted.

#6 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

*words I said earlier*

You should probably take off the pump and see if it works when its not attached to the gun. If it still doesn't work, you've got a bad pump.

I made sure of that before I connected it to the tank.

#7 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

Did you plug the pump? If you did, did you put a large glob on or only a little? Also, test the pump by putting your finger over the tubing/air output and pumping, you should either hear the OPRV go off (unplugged) or not be able to budge the pump (plugged). If it makes a hissing noise then that means the air is going back behind the pump and you need a new one.

#8 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

Did you plug the pump? If you did, did you put a large glob on or only a little? Also, test the pump by putting your finger over the tubing/air output and pumping, you should either hear the OPRV go off (unplugged) or not be able to budge the pump (plugged). If it makes a hissing noise then that means the air is going back behind the pump and you need a new one.

The pump is plugged, but when I did that I made sure that the hot glue wasn't very big. When I pump, it is very hard to move, but then some air seems like it it is going into the tubing or tank. When I try to pull the trigger no air comes out. I don't really have much experience with air guns so I don't know if that's a busted check valve or not.

My other question is does the ID of the tubing affect the performance?

#9 Drax

Drax

• Banned
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

The ID of the tubing shouldn't affect performance, especially when it comes to just filling the tank (unless you're using ridiculously sized tubing). Try holding the firing pin open and pumping and see if air comes out. It could be that somehow there's a blockage between the pump and the tank.

Explosives aren't really my style. I prefer thermite.

Also known as One Winged Angel

#10 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

My tubing isn't blocked. I think I have a busted check valve. Thanks for the help guys.

#11 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

My tubing isn't blocked. I think I have a busted check valve. Thanks for the help guys.

Sounds like you may have glued the check valve closed.
Ask her if she wants you to give her a multiple orgasm.
And when she looks stunned show her a picture of the blaster.
But if she gets excited. You're in.
-Miguel Ramos
Time is the one thing you can never escape.-Father Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users