#1 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:13 PM

When:
December 11, 2010
Show up at 9:30. Games will start around 10:00. We’ll probably end around 3-5pm depending on people's exhaustion and light limitations.

Where:
Colerain Elementary

Address:
Google Maps Link
499 E Weisheimer Rd.
Columbus, OH 43214

Rules:
- Eye protection is recommended for all and mandatory for people under the age of 18.
- Kids under the age of 13 must have their parent(s) on the field during the entire duration of the war.
- Homemade air blasters are banned.
- Air blasters that originally fire a projectile larger than a micro dart must have their over pressure valves unmodified.
- Singled Titans are banned. Titans are allowed if they have a shotgun attachment with 3 or more barrels.
- The only shields that will be permitted are Manta Rays.
- Barrel tapping is allowed. After the tap, you must fire a dart into the ground.
- Do not bring any blasters painted all black. If you have a dark blaster, please avoid wearing camouflage clothing or too much tacti-cool gear.
- Any other blasters that are voted too powerful (majority rules - group vote) will be banned for the day.
- 1/4" slingshot weights or any equivalently weighted darts are banned.
- Be careful on the shape of the tip. No points or sharp dart tips.
- Blasters will only be banned due to safety/power issues, not because it dominates.

Game Types:
- 3:15 primaries
- DtC – If someone brings a core
- Blob
- Multi-team 3:15

Other Shit:
- Bring a bagged lunch or money to get lunch during a break.
- Be sure to bring enough darts to support yourself for the whole day
- Remember to bring lots of water
- Don't bring anything stupid like drugs, guns, swords, tazors, or other weapons. And I know cigarettes are obviously legal, but some people would prefer to keep their lungs intact, so please watch your distance.

Pictures of the area:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Definite:
Coop +1
Minsc
Prince Valor + 1-2
Hipponater +1
Kid Flash
DeathDart2k +1

Maybe:
Nerf Mafia
Foam Ninja

Edited by Coop, 27 September 2012 - 02:04 AM.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#2 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:21 PM

maybe for now, will update soon.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#3 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:37 PM

I'm probably in. +1-3

The nearest buffet restraunts (that have 'buffet' in their name at least) are either Chinese of sort or Hometown Buffet. Any preferences for a post war feast?

Also, a couple of side notes:

First, can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves? I'm looking for something warm, but allowing for easy working of blasters/darts.

Secondly, does anyone have access to 'low torque' ball valves? I may be looking for a couple at the war.

#4 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

Any preferences for a post war feast?

I vote for Hometown Buffet!

No idea about the other stuff though!

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#5 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:17 AM

Stealth Edit:
Mark me down as a definite +1-2?

Edited by Prince Valor, 05 December 2010 - 09:28 PM.

QUOTE(Mr BadWrench @ Apr 18 2010, 05:44 AM) View Post
quote of the year

Camo: OUCH, WHAT WAS THAT!?
Prince Valor: That, Was a HIT!!
IRC
21:36 Talio: However Vacc and I have consensual sexual activity on a regular basis

#6 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

I'm a maybe, I'd like to make it up to Columbus, but we'll see. Cinci guys let me know if you want to carpool, I can haul some people if I go.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#7 Foam Ninja

Foam Ninja

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:20 AM

Maybe, If Mafia goes I will,
QUOTE(Soothsayer @ Jul 18 2010, 03:51 PM) View Post

Still haven't beat Foam Ninja in a sword fight

1.The baby would blow up do to being made of pure fail.
2.I GIVE UP! I AM GETTING MY GAS ELSEWHERE!!
-Nerf Mafia

#8 DeathDart2k

DeathDart2k

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

im definitely there, throw my name on the list...... I might join in on that post war feast, if I can folo someone there

looks like a small war....11 or 12 people max

Edited by DeathDart2k, 06 December 2010 - 08:58 PM.

My story? My story...Hmmmm Im a no-name noob, who cant angel breach a longshot.....Trying to have fun and meet good people...Too bad theri isnt a MOD TIME if you will before a war...

#9 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

First, can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves? I'm looking for something warm, but allowing for easy working of blasters/darts.

I recommend any sort of gloves marketed as running gloves. They're usually pretty thin and form fitting and have a tacky side for handling things. Champion brand running gloves were $15 at the Target at Lennox, which I'm assuming is the closest to you at OSU. They were also oddly labeled as texting gloves too, for the same thing.

Also, barring some sort of catastrophic meteorological event, I am a definite.

Edited by minsc, 30 November 2010 - 11:40 AM.

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#10 DeathDart2k

DeathDart2k

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

I'm probably in. +1-3

The nearest buffet restraunts (that have 'buffet' in their name at least) are either Chinese of sort or Hometown Buffet. Any preferences for a post war feast?

Also, a couple of side notes:

Secondly, does anyone have access to 'low torque' ball valves? I may be looking for a couple at the war.

What do you mean by "low Torque" azin ball valves? if i go and have what your looking for, ill bring a few whith me
My story? My story...Hmmmm Im a no-name noob, who cant angel breach a longshot.....Trying to have fun and meet good people...Too bad theri isnt a MOD TIME if you will before a war...

#11 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

My brother and I will be there for sure. I'll also be bringing some blasters for sale/trade

What do you mean by "low Torque" azin ball valves? if i go and have what your looking for, ill bring a few whith me

They're easier to turn than normal ball valves, they're advertised as 'low torque'. I'll def. check them out if you come (which you should!)

#12 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

I'm a definite, and I'm pretty sure I'll be giving ggk and vistagecko a ride. Gotta get confirmation from them.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#13 BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

My brother and I will be there for sure. I'll also be bringing some blasters for sale/trade

They're easier to turn than normal ball valves, they're advertised as 'low torque'. I'll def. check them out if you come (which you should!)

I won't be able to make it, but I have low tq ball valves available to me. Just let me know.
REVOLUTION Be there or be square.

#14 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

I won't be able to make it

Noob.

#15 DeathDart2k

DeathDart2k

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

[/quote]

Oh ill be seeing you there, how many did you want? I may need to grab a few more

#16 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

It looks like I'm coming, and BrokenSVT might be able to if he can get off work.

#17 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

Is anyone bringing a core? I thought that was pretty fun the few times I've played it.

RSCBow

#18 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

Is anyone bringing a core? I thought that was pretty fun the few times I've played it.

I'll try to remember all the pieces to mine. It's not fantastic, but it works. If anyone happens to have a better one, still bring it along.

Does anyone have any buckets/balls? Valor, will you have yours? I enjoyed 'Carpe Testiculum' when we played it in Indiana

I hope you guys can make it, Broken and Kid Flash.

The weather is looking pretty good on Saturday. High of 41 and low of 31, we should be dodging the 20s, unlike this week. Cloudy, but we'll see how things continue to change as we get closer to Saturday

#19 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:25 PM

Does anyone have any buckets/balls? Valor, will you have yours? I enjoyed 'Carpe Testiculum' when we played it in Indiana

Yeah, I will be bringing my balls and buckets so we can play "Carpe Testiculum".
quote of the year

IRC
21:36 Talio: However Vacc and I have consensual sexual activity on a regular basis

#20 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, I will be bringing my balls

Ah damn, the one war Lunx can't attend. I kid, I kid...

I'll be bringing a guest. I'll also work on trying to get some extra cover to make the area more interesting.

#21 BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

I may just be there. I tentatively gave myself the day off.
REVOLUTION Be there or be square.

#22 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

Alright, i just lost my chance to go. My two rides bailed on me yesterday. I will be attending the fort war no matter what though.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#23 DeathDart2k

DeathDart2k

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

im definitely there, throw my name on the list...... I might join in on that post war feast, if I can folo someone there

#24 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

Does anyone think that they are bringing a mass amount of darts? My guest needs some and I don't think i will have enough for him to use.
quote of the year

IRC

#25 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:25 PM

Does anyone think that they are bringing a mass amount of darts? My guest needs some and I don't think i will have enough for him to use.

I have some old junky darts I can let him use. They vary in size and weight so it will be hard to aim, but they will work. Want me to bring them or do you think you'll have time to make more tonight?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users