Photo

Super Soaker Sites

34 replies to this topic

#26 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:56 PM

I have a CPS 2100. Since I have never in person seen the 2000, how does my 2100 differ? (besides the rotating nozzles)

~Vintage

I have a 2100. It is much smaller and not nearly as powerful. It's still pretty good, though.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#27 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:54 PM

They treat it like a holy grail.

Although, the Crossbow is our Holy Grail, you could say. Perspective. Still, I think it would be harder to maintain rules during a water fight.
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#28 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:42 PM

I bet one of their games is "Who's nipple shows first".

I can see it now.

"Hey, your nipple is showing, you're gone!"

"What are you talking about? I have three dumbshit."

*squirts other guy*

"Now who's nipples are showing?"

"Hey, not fair, you have an advantage... plus, that water made my nipples hard, you can see them easier."

"Want me to fix that problem with a nice massage?"

Oh my dear god where was that going? Oh yeah, child molestation...
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#29 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:01 PM

I can see it now.

*squirts other guy*

"Hey, not fair, you have an advantage... plus, that water made my nipples hard, you can see them easier."

Actually, I was thinking about girls and wet t-shirt contests when I was reading this. That would be fun! Hmmm........now I have more of a reason to get a few good soakers.......

Yeah, those pics of Commander Bob seem a little scary. If I had kids, I would be a little afraid of them going over to have a water fight. I wonder if Michael Jackson ever tried this during the summers at Neverland Ranch.......
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#30 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:23 PM

The CPS 2000 r00Ls. Seriously, that thing is a water bazooka. It takes about six minutes to fully pump up, but that thing can hurt if it hits you square in the chest at close range.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#31 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:06 PM

I can see it now.

*squirts other guy*

Actually, I was thinking about girls and wet t-shirt contests when I was reading this. That would be fun! Hmmm........now I have more of a reason to get a few good soakers.......

Unfortunately, I had seen those pictures of our good friend Commando Bob. Guess what I was thinking. I just gagged.
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#32 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:32 PM

But hey, I'm not even sure how exactly those bolts spin the water streams without dispersing them, so obviously soakers are not my domain.

Actually I was wrong about that, I tried it myself and it didn't do anything. If the guy who convinced me that worked was still around I'd have a long talk with him. Patent #5,779,099, which basically describes those straws right in front of the nozzle, is the only thing proven to make the stream stick together better.

#33 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:58 PM

Ok, you guys might know this, but because of my lack of knowledge with Super Soakers, I didn't:

Hasbro released a "patch" that you place somewhere visibly on your clothes. When you get shot in the patch, it fades. As your patch gets drenched, the water finally makes the design disappear.

I just went to the Super Soakers website and found them advertized. It's a neat concept for Super Soakers, but I haven't seen them work personally. It would really be a nice, fair way to organize games.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#34 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:02 AM

They're shit, I have a few myself, I never would use them because I'm fine the way I battle right now. Toilet paper also when taped to you will disolve when shot.

Edited by Doom, 28 April 2004 - 05:05 AM.

#35 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:06 AM

Unfortunately, I had seen those pictures of our good friend Commando Bob. Guess what I was thinking. I just gagged.

My mind was kind of wandering for a few seconds there (white shirts, no bras, no problem! ^_^ ) when I was reading about the nipple post, so the child molestation thing was blocked from my brain for a little. I didn't get around to seeing all of the pics of Commander Bob, except for the ones that were posted on this thread. I do agree, the idea of a 50ish guy with a water gun fetish does seem scary for little kids :( , but he is enjoying something he likes, just like we are, so I don't think we should be too prejudiced and hipocritical.

Yeah, the soaker tag targets are an interesting idea on Hasbro's part, but as Doom said, there are many other ways to make your own targets instead of buying them from Hasbro.

Whenever I played with Super Soakers as a kid, we just sprayed each other until we got completely wet. There was never any elimination rules.

I have to hand it to Commander Bob, though. The new Super Soakers that came out this year look more like complete shit compared to what they used to make years ago. I just hope Hasbro will take the hint that they should stick to toy quality and functionality, instead of adding cheesy gimmicks no one really cares about.

Edited by Oroku_Saki, 28 April 2004 - 11:10 AM.

"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users