Talio's War

63 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:39 PM

Alright, so here's the details. For one, this is probably going to be a very small war. This isn't like a full scale event like we normally do. This is more us getting together to shoot nerf guns at each other for the hell of it. So here you go:

When: November 13th (yes, that's this saturday) at 11am
Where: Smedley Park - Best directions thus far. Pm me for my phone number if you're coming because last time I was at this park I couldn't find the play area.

Rules: For one thing, we're gonna say no hoppers this time around. I figure most of everyone who will be there probably won't have them including myself. So in the interest of making things fun for the day and save on darts, no hoppers. Because of that we're gonna say no Doomsayers as well and as always no homemade airguns or anything with a plug pumped that was originally meant to shoot anything but darts. Single shot springers are preferred as that's what most people will be using and it'll make things more interesting if everyone is using similar guns. However, if you don't have one, don't sweat it. If you have one of those lanard multibarreled shot guns, there's a pretty good chance we're going to ask you not to play with it. Slug darts only.

Any questions just post them up. At this point we've got a handful of people showing up, but I'm not gonna post names because that's not what this war is about. This is just getting outside before it gets ass cold and playing with toy guns.

Gears! Please post the directions or something cause I have no idea where the hell this place is.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

Any consideration given to using grid code?

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

Lets save it for January when it's really cold. I really want to play outdoors in the fall weather.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#4 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

We could probably make a trip out of it. I'll see who's interested. It all depends on the date really.
Sex Dwarves: Drug test? What kinds of drugs are we testing?

#5 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

Yeah, let's do this at Smedley. Plenty of places to nom for lunch, chill location. There's the option of getting a permit, but it's usually not necessary. I didn't bother for my war and we had about a dozen people at its peak.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

Midwest excursion?

#7 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

I could possibly come to it and try it out. I want to try to get a ride or split some gas cost with some people near me if I can. Probably about any date would work but maby the first or second weekend, but any weekend may work. Like I said I will try to come but I am not quite sure yet.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#8 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

I'd like to make this, but we'll see what happens with school and work around whenever this is.
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#9 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

My only Saturday off in Nov. is the 6th. Probably too soon for most people, but if it is that day, I could make it.

#10 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

If anyone from the DMV is going up I might be able to catch a ride.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#11 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:12 PM

The later the better, but we want to avoid Thanksgiving weekend, and I think you (Talio) said you were busy the weekend before that. Anything before that is realllllly soon; probably too soon for me even. A majority of my long term reports are due that first week in december, so I won't have much going on that weekend. The week after is finals though, so that's a no-go. 12/18 works but might be cold, 12/25 obviously doesn't. Any more than that and we're into next year.

Tl,dr: First weekend in December is the prime time for me.
Teehee.

#12 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:23 AM

We get into late november and I'd just rather do it indoors since we have the venue. I hate cold weather wars. I get all bundled up, and then by 10 minutes into the round I'm sweating balls and have to strip down to a t-shirt. Then we sit around for 15 fucking minutes between rounds and I'm fucking freezing again. There's just no upside. Also, kids' music today is too loud!

Seriously though, expect me to do some serious bitching. Cold nerf is stupid when we have alternatives.

#13 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

If it happens in December, I have the 4th and the 11th off (first and second Saturday).

#14 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

I could possibly make the war, but the main reason I haven't been to one of the wars on the haven(been to local wars)is because of the long drive. I know PA is not that far from VA, but I don't get rides too easily. I would have to check with my dad before I can be sure about anything.

Edited by lionhawk, 21 October 2010 - 07:42 PM.

#15 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

I'm pretty dead set on having this in November. The whole point is to have the fall weather.

#16 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

6th and 20th would be my best weeks, but still iffy. I'll do what I can to make this war.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#17 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

I'm game for any date in November. Cant wait.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#18 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

I'm game for any date in November. Cant wait.

Robotgamblesaurus boom.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#19 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:07 AM

I'd be there.

#20 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:34 PM

20th/21st is the only weekend I can do in November. Will be in Rome/Milan from 4th to 14th, and in Florida from 24th through Dec. 5th.

I agree with Smedley. Should be great for the fall weather.

#21 flamingeyes245

flamingeyes245

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

I'll see what happens. If I can go, then great.
Keep your friends close,
And your Nerf guns closer.

External Modification contest, check it out!

Using anything I write as a sig makes your penis shoot rainbows. Bitches LOVE rainbows
^^VACC

#22 nerf22

nerf22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:34 AM

I can probably make it on the 6th or the 20th, either one works for me. :D
Smedley works for me also.

Edited by nerf22, 23 October 2010 - 09:36 AM.

It's Nerf or Nothin'

Oh and Three Days Grace rocks!!

#23 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

I could possibly make the war, but the main reason I haven't been to one of the wars on the haven(been to local wars)is because of the long drive. I know PA is not that far from VA, but I don't get rides too easily. I would have to check with my dad before I can be sure about anything.

Okay, checked with my dad and I can't go B) . But please give the results on the doomsayer experiment. I don't have one at the moment but I would make one if they were unbanned.

#24 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

I think you're gonna need to make a decision soonish. 20th right now has the best response. I'd probably go to that as well.
Teehee.

#25 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

Yeah the 20th might probably work for me than so yeah put me down as a definate maby!
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users