and integration.

6 replies to this topic

#1 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

I did this for Nerfer9 on Nerfhaven.

I took pictures of everything after it was made so there aren't pictures in progress. This is how I'm doing all of my crossbows form now on. (minus the integration)

Materials
-1 1/4 od 1 1/8 id polycarbonate tube
-1/4 polycarbonate
-3/8 pvc rod
-2 1" fender washers
-5/8 pvc rod
-[k26] spring
-materials for a priming handle
-9562K44
-2k and pump
-1/8 tubing id barbed fitting
-1/8" id 1/4" od tubing
- pvc cement/ MEK
-probably more stuff

Cut open your crossbow, and reinforce the spring rest, and any weakening screw ports with e-putty.

Posted Image
Make those polycarbonate pieces. The squares are all 1 3/8" and the circles in the squares are 1 1/4".
Also make two 2" by 3/8" rectangles out of polycarbonate.

Lucian is coming to save the day with templates!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Cut your plungertube to 8.75" and goop a coupler in. Also use pvc cement to attach the square with the circle and no slot to it.

Posted Image
IF you can see this is where you pvc cement the rectangles in.

Cement the last to squares together so the slots line up then cement it in your shell. You can also see where I screwed it in too.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Cut your pvc rod to 13" (this length includes the handle) The notch is about 3.5" from the end.
The [k26] is 7" long.
The plunger head is the 2 washers the skirt and a chunk of 5/8 pvc in the skirt centering it. (the pvc has a hole drilled in it).
As you can see the polycarbonate circle is on it too.

Cut a chunk of 3/4 pvc and glue it in your trigger.
Posted Image

Now for the integration. Take your 2k tank and pump, take out the old tubing and secure the 1/4" od tubing in them. I used pvc cement.
diddle the shell in the right places for them, and secure them down. If you use hotglue pump air through the system while it cools so you don't fry your o-rings.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I couplered the tank, and secured it down with more pvc cement. The endcap on the pump acts to keep the pump steady, and to prevent it from flying out. Don't forget to attach a key-ring trigger to this.

Posted Image

#2 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ranges with the crossbow are around 110-120ft with slingshots.
The 2k gets 110ft with slingshots too.

Both get 100ft with slugs.

#3 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

Alright I did this mod for myself and it seems to work well, and for everyone else, I made some 2D cad templates to easily produce it. You can print it from MS word.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Download it here:
http://www.mediafire...urbwawa79dufsop

Edited by Lucian, 14 September 2010 - 02:17 PM.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#4 nerkum

nerkum

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

Damn nice work Louie, I will have to do this is my crossbow ever needs to be revamped. Also big props to Lucian for producing the template, I'm saving that to my nerf files.

#5 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:27 AM

Great as always Lou!

Lucian: Thanks for those templates, that was really cool of you to make those for everybody.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:45 PM

I tried to let it go, but there is NO reason for this mod to have it's own thread. Nothing is revolutionary. Lucian's support templates are definitely nice and useful, but they should be posted in a templates thread.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

Yeah, I've been a bit absentee in letting it go, but I have to agree with Draconis. I'm not sure what here required a new thread. This really belongs in the modifications/paintjobs thread

It's not that this thread in itself is particularly harmful; we're just can't set precendent of allowing everyone who duplicates a mod to post a new thread about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users