Photo

Cobra Drain Blaster Pump Replacement

5 replies to this topic

#1 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

First off, credit for inspiration from this thread.
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19631

REASON to even give this a shot is this.
Posted Image

Solution! This amazingly, was ALSO broke: the end popped off after some intense ball pumping (F Right!)
Posted Image

Now, I could have just glued all this crap back together. Would have been just a dandy solution but I had gimmickier plans!
Posted Image

The stock plunger head, much different design than most air pumps we are familiar with.
Posted Image

Both the ball pump I used and the Handle/pump of a Cobra an just a fraction of a millimeter larger than the ID of 1 ¼” PVC, so a little sanding and creative cutting…
Posted Image

BAM! A scrap of 1 ¼” PCV and you are done!
Posted Image

There are, of course, other ways to do this.
Posted Image

Looking’ good here. Surprisingly comfortable as well as functional, plus points for anti-minimization.
Posted Image

Makes a viable stock as well.
Posted Image

HELLA BAM! My personal configuration with 6-barrel attachment. Really though it’s just for show just for this pic, I have yet to figger out a reasonable use other than the obvious 6-shot burst (which is actually quite effective).
Posted Image

Also, I am sick to shit of things turning, rotating, or otherwise getting F’d so in addition to proper scoring and generous goop I threw some number four ¾” machine bolts at three points around each of the two problem sections.
Posted Image

The results are astounding, it would take 20-30 pumps to get good pressure before it broke on me, now 20 pumps will blow gravel off the ground from 3 feet away. I’m sorry, I have no practical way to measure the output.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#2 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

I like the pump replacement, I almost had to do one myself. I found my Pango at a Value Village, the pump was not actually pumping. I took it apart, left it for a month or so, and it magically worked when I put it back together.

HELLA BAM! My personal configuration with 6-barrel attachment. Really though it’s just for show just for this pic, I have yet to figger out a reasonable use other than the obvious 6-shot burst (which is actually quite effective).

Clearly, you have not fired a Titan missle with one of these. On my Pango, they hit just short of 100', arrows are also pretty entertaining to shoot as well. I find a barrel selector with a shot gun attatchment, and a Titan missle or 2 arrows is very effective.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#3 Eh Watt

Eh Watt

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

Great! I am glad to see you can do this effectively. This confirms that my plans could come together after all! Heeheehee....

And I'm diggin' the look of it, Reesey. I'm exited to see this at the next war!
John Hancock

#4 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

@Cheyner - Troof, I will have to aquire a Titan barrel and make an adapter. I can shoot the Ironman rockets a decent dist.

@WawaWHAT!?!?! - I do like plans that end in giggling. I will have this bad boy at the Ween War and I will shoot frigging GOURDS 'n shit!
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

#5 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

The results are astounding, it would take 20-30 pumps to get good pressure before it broke on me, now 20 pumps will blow gravel off the ground from 3 feet away. I’m sorry, I have no practical way to measure the output.

That should clear even the mightiest of shits, if you were to actually still use this for intended purposes.
I have a Cobra as well, and the pump sucks major balls. It needs lube or something, but it's very hard to pump and takes about 35 to get real pressure out of it. Maybe if I have a ball pump with a magical fit like yours I will do this.
I also like the recon stock, by the way.

#6 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:32 AM

I have a Cobra as well, and the pump sucks major balls. It needs lube or something, but it's very hard to pump and takes about 35 to get real pressure out of it.

The stock pump has many safety and release holes in it, like the one that runs from the head right down the plunger shaft and out a hole in the handle. Plugging it with hot glue or the like may be a simple fix. Also the head seemed to be lubed with a fine powder and the seal was not all that hot to begin with.

Maybe if I have a ball pump with a magical fit like yours I will do this.

Whether or not you find a magic fitting pump the handle will accommodate 1 ¼” PVC so it would just be a matter of reducers, brushings, and maybe e-tape/goop seals before any ball pump could be used. I dropped $20 on this bad mother-mother so $6 more is a good investment.

I also like the recon stock, by the way.

Like two inches of ½”cpvc and some epoxy, baby! It also goes on my Quadshot :D
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users