So I just attempted to make the new 18-dart clip Stefan acceptable, but it didn't turn out so well. The new spring design that is used takes up a substantial amount of space inside the clip so it is impossible to use the traditional method of putting in two metal rods of 1/8" diameter and then cutting slits into the follower so it slides. The clip itself is also very difficult to open and has many places were the plastic appears to have been melted together instead of glued together and the only way I was able to open it was with a dremel. I also found out that the new spring is centered in the clip so the force is directed in the middle of the follower.
I'm not entirely sure what to do with this information but I pretty much ruined one of my stampede clips finding this out so I don't want someone else doing the same to try the old method making stefan compatible clips. If someone comes up with a working method to make these work with Stefans that'd be fantastic.
Edit: Before anyone says anything, sorry I didn't take pictures
Edited by Astray, 13 September 2010 - 11:37 PM.