Septembwar

Zaxby's Kick-Ass Birthday War

94 replies to this topic

#1 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:58 AM

Where: Langford Middle School, Augusta GA.
When: September 11th, 11 AM.
Hosts: Rork and Zax
Who: Rork, Zax, Ben (?), Rogue...a veritable pantheon of dudes who are gonna shred face.
What to Bring: Guns. Darts. more Darts. Water.
What Not to Bring: Heavy Darts. Slugs and single BBs only. Slug darts must be weighted with a single #8 steel washer, as the good Lord intended. Hoppers will be limited to 6 inches in length. Chime in. Don't bring any fucking death cannons, because we will look upon you with scorn.
Bring your game face, a good attitude, and a buddy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attendance List: If you've mentioned coming, you're on it.

Rork+0-3
Zaxby's
Ben (?)
Rogue
Hawkshot
Flyingchicken
The Old Guy
Spud Spudoni
Nerkum
Soccerbeast+1-2
Umpshaplapa
Krazykade+3
Chaintyrant+3
PopTart

Carakki+3?

RAFFLE STUFF!

1 custom +bow (from Rogue)
1 AT2K (from Nerkum)
1 box of PopTarts (from...well...PopTart)

Tentative Round Schedule:

Start off with a FFA to see where people are at, skill-wise and everything.

Mentor round. This is the direct result of a conversation I had with Chicken Basically, we're gonna have quite a few newbies at this war. So we're gonna do a round of Deathmatch consisting of 3-4 person teams, but instead of choosing teams on a top-down ranked basis ("Quick! Get the big guys/your friends/people who post a lot !"), we're gonna structure teams on the basis of putting a newbie with a vet or 2, to help them learn and make sure they're competing--not just staying huddled up with their buddies while the experienced players shred each other with hoppers. This round is all about relaxing and getting into the rhythm of the game, unlike...

2-team Deathmatch.

If we have time, a pistol round. (The pistol round will happen, but it could be before or after lunch.)

Dart Sweep.

Lunch. I would prefer to avoid the whole "people leaving for 45 minutes" thing, because lunch is gonna be short, and you should be thinking light, anyway. It's gonna be wicked hot. After enough people finish eating, we'll go straight to the

RAFFLE! Free stuff ftw.

Once that's over with, I will be explaining the rules/setup for...

Carpe Testiculum! Zaxby's is threatening to bitch out on this one. We'll see. But it should be highly enjoyable. This will be a timed round, lasting 20 minutes. If people like it, we can run it again later.

We'll play a bunch of rounds of Deathmatch, in various team sizes/combinations. Prolly another FFA as well. Basically, we'll be deciding round by round. Feel free to make suggestions, but we're pretty unlikely to stray away from the meat and potatoes games. And for God's sake, don't ask for a gimmick round. "Gimmicks" include zombies, etc., etc.

We'll finish the day out with a round of primaries gunslinger. Followed by...

Another Dart Sweep.

And a Big-Ass Nerf Swap Meet. Bring moneys, y'all. I'm liquidating a bunch of my collection, so look forward to a Yaris packed with goodies. That is all.

Edited by rork, 08 September 2010 - 09:37 PM.

<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#2 hawkshot

hawkshot

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:09 AM

I'm a likely maybe.[sarcasm] I need to shoot rork pointblank with something again [endsarcasm].

Edit: if Zax still has only an NF by this time I have some stuff he can use.
Edit2: When you say #8 washers only, what about #6 washers?

Edited by hawkshot, 15 July 2010 - 09:19 AM.

Call me Hawk.

Hawkshot, one of the founding FL Nerfers.

#3 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

Hell yeah! We are IN!

Two things:
-Why 11 AM? We need to start earlier. Southeastern wars don't usually start on time, for some reason.
-What's the difference between 8 and 6 washers? I have no idea what I'm using.
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#4 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

Ah, back to Langford. This will be one hellova time! I , of course am coming. SE Nerfers assemble!
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#5 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

We can start earlier if you like chicken. I will be at the field about 9:30 so if anyone else if there and wants to start... then we shall.
"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#6 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

I'm not going to this war, but #8 and #6 are indicators of the bolt size these washers are meant for. A #6 has a 0.16" ID, and a #8 has a 0.18" ID. In another site, we measured 100 of each: 100 McMaster #8s has appx 64g mass, while 100 McMaster #6s has appx 52g.

More mass = more range, but also more potential for excessive damage at close range.

Mind you, washer mass will vary with thickness and manufacturer, and these are not subject to quality control with regards to mass, so your yardage will vary.

Also, please note the sample size is -one-, which is pretty unreliable. I just gathered 100 #8s and put them on a cooking scale with 1g granularity. Take the exact numbers with a grain of salt, but rork's intent is the same - keep the darts light.
Fugly is a feature.

#7 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

I simply meant that I don't want people nesting a weight under their washer and calling it a slug dart. As long as the washer is covered by felt, it's all good.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#8 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

I remember the Augusta war last year. I told myself "Man I have got to go to that by next year." I've been preparing ever since. Seriously cannot wait. I will definatly make this unless something happens.

EDIT: Will there be a cake? ^_^

Edited by Spud Spudoni, 15 July 2010 - 03:54 PM.

industrial designer

#9 nerkum

nerkum

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

I'm in, no maybes about it.

#10 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

I remember the Augusta war last year. I told myself "Man I have got to go to that by next year." I've been preparing ever since. Seriously cannot wait. I will definatly make this unless something happens.

EDIT: Will there be a cake? ^_^

There better be

And each of you must present a sacrifice. (Small children are acceptable)
"Bitces be crazy"

~Groove 6/26/09

#11 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Do you think there will be a time to sell/trade/buy stuff at the war?
Just curious.

EDIT: Cool. Thanks Rogue... and Zax

Edited by Spud Spudoni, 15 July 2010 - 11:20 PM.

industrial designer

#12 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

Just curious.

Hope so, I will be bringing parts/blasters to trade or sell.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife

#13 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

Just curious.

Hope so, I will be bringing parts/blasters to trade or sell.

If you have ever been to a southern war... We ALWAYS spend alot of time just shooting the shit between rounds so I am sure you will have lots of time for selling.
"Bitces be crazy"

~Groove 6/26/09

#14 soccerbeast003

soccerbeast003

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

Me and Josh are a maybe. I might have another, but he's unlikely. Ha hopefully nothing comes up.
Christine Everheart: You've been called the Da Vinci of our time. What do you say to that?

Tony Stark: Absolutely ridiculous. I don't paint.

#15 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

I'll most likely be able to come. If my parents don't feel like taking me, anyone wanna carpool?
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#16 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:47 PM

I'll most likely be able to come. If my parents don't feel like taking me, anyone wanna carpool?

We might be able to take you, but if we stay after the war for whatever reason, we plan on staying the night. Just saying.

#17 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Dang, we have a quality war in the making here! Zax, have you heard from any of the LoS?

#18 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

Bumping this thread back up.

Are we allowing 9-round RSCB's at this war/in the Southeast in general? I need to know before my dad goes crazy with his new primary.

#19 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

Are we allowing 9-round RSCB's at this war/in the Southeast in general? I need to know before my dad goes crazy with his new primary.

My opinion is no more than four. Otherwise I forsee long range standoffs which are quite boring for a war.
"Bitces be crazy"

~Groove 6/26/09

#20 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

My opinion is no more than four. Otherwise I forsee long range standoffs which are quite boring for a war.

Up to 6 would be fine by me....I aint skeered!

#21 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

I'm fine with whatever for RSCBS. Hoppers can get a bit ridiculous, but we've used footlong RSCBs on BBBBs before with no problems. Also, if Rogue brings that damn drum mag, I'll lift ALL clip restrictions for a round :D

#22 soccerbeast003

soccerbeast003

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:14 PM

So wait, what is the restriction on hoppers?
Christine Everheart: You've been called the Da Vinci of our time. What do you say to that?

Tony Stark: Absolutely ridiculous. I don't paint.

#23 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

I'm fine with whatever for RSCBS. Hoppers can get a bit ridiculous, but we've used footlong RSCBs on BBBBs before with no problems. Also, if Rogue brings that damn drum mag, I'll lift ALL clip restrictions for a round :D

Oh, its already packed son!--lol That round better have an exclusive vid.

#24 hawkshot

hawkshot

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:27 AM

I'm bringing the camera.
Call me Hawk.

Hawkshot, one of the founding FL Nerfers.

#25 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:41 AM

I'm bringing the camera.

My dad's also bringing his still camera. All of you should know that means good pictures.

And I have a small red video camera that I taped to my gun before. I'm gonna do it again for certain rounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users