4 replies to this topic

#1 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

We've talked our issues over with some of our fellow site owners, and we're pleased to say that we no longer will be restricting links. We still don't want you linking to banner or ad heavy sites, as we don't charge for our services, and we'd prefer you not to make a new thread simply for the purpose of linking. Otherwise, feel free to link your nerf forums in your sig or in your posts.

Thanks for your attention. If you have some lingering question go ahead and post it.

#2 Guest_TheSilverhead_*

Guest_TheSilverhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

Are we allowed to post links in our sigs to third party sites, (non-nerf) such as blogs, you-tube, or referral links? Below: That's not what I meant, I mean links to things like personal sites, like CS's homepage (he doesn't have it in his sig, but it's just an example), or links to your mods in various locations. This is a banner-free site, so ad-links are a no-no.

Edited by TheSilverhead, 05 September 2010 - 09:42 AM.

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:55 AM

Are we allowed to post links in our sigs to third party sites, (non-nerf) such as blogs, you-tube, or referral links?

If you're asking if it's ok to try to make money or other personal gains off this site's members by putting referral links in your signature, you don't belong here in the first place. Just my opinion.
SexD Warves

#4 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

Are we allowed to post links in our sigs to third party sites, (non-nerf) such as blogs, you-tube, or referral links? Below: That's not what I meant, I mean links to things like personal sites, like CS's homepage (he doesn't have it in his sig, but it's just an example), or links to your mods in various locations. This is a banner-free site, so ad-links are a no-no.

Slug's site has a nerf component. If it's got nothing to do with nerf, please keep it out of your sig.

#5 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

If your sig is full of referral links, not only is that probably against the rule here, but you're also a tool.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users