My Ldnr

LDR = Long Distance Night Rifle

13 replies to this topic

#1 Go Doggie

Go Doggie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

This is my LDNR. I hope to do a full write-up on how to make it but for now I'll explain and show pictures and diagrams of it.

This is the overall gun.

Posted Image

On the back is the plunger, (I'm going to diagram the whole thing farther down the page) which has a 1/2" PVC Tee fitting on it for a handle.

Posted Image

Here's the middle of the gun where it reduces from 2" to 1/2". The metal piece is something else I'm working on, and it has no use right now. I have a slip 2" to threaded 1/2" reducer so I can swap out barrels.

Posted Image

Here's the laser/light combo.

Posted Image

And lastly, the end of the barrel which has a larger portion because it was from the end of a 20' stick of 1/2" pvc.

Posted Image

I will update shortly with a diagram...

Comment!

EDIT!!! Video:

Edited by Go Doggie, 06 September 2010 - 09:29 PM.

Hey look! There's a light at the end of the tunnel! - Yeah, it's a train.

#2 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

Does this work like a bow? It must because it has no trigger.

#3 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

I don't see mention of a spring, so I suspect this is more a HAMP than a springer.

That said, you don't need threaded couplers for most applications in Nerf modding.

If you're shooting 1/2" PVC, what darts are you using?
Fugly is a feature.

#4 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

If you're shooting 1/2" PVC, what darts are you using?

He could be using mega's, or stock darts.

That being said, what did you use for the plunger head?
Is it pull and release?
Whats going on here?

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#5 Go Doggie

Go Doggie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hey guys. This is my first post and I was kind of in a hurry. Yes, it is a push-pull fire mechanism, so no spring. I will be adding a diagram of the plunger and internals. I used a threaded fitting because that's all the store had. I am using standard suction-tip Nerf darts. I haven't made any stefans or anything yet...

Thanks for asking!

#6 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:29 AM

There is no need to diagrams, just a picture of the plunger head. This is the most basic of homemade nerf blasters, it is nothing special. However, I do encourage you to keep on making homemade nerf blasters and keep trying to make something new.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#7 The one donut

The one donut

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

So, if this is a basically a HAMP, if I made one, should I use CPVC or PVC as a barrel material for stock darts?

Blaster looks great by the way! :(
Eat foam you pesky cats!

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:18 AM

This is not a write up, so therefore belongs in the show off thread. I'll give you a day or two to do a write up if you want. After that I'm closing the thread.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#9 Go Doggie

Go Doggie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

This is not a write up, so therefore belongs in the show off thread. I'll give you a day or two to do a write up if you want. After that I'm closing the thread.

Geez, close it then. I'm not sure where everything goes yet since I'm still learning, so yeah anyways.

#10 Go Doggie

Go Doggie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:14 PM

Where's the show off thread?

#11 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:44 PM

The Homemades Picture Thread is here. (It's a Sticky).
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#12 Go Doggie

Go Doggie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

The Homemades Picture Thread is here. (It's a Sticky).

Thanks Carbon! By the way, do I just do the Add Reply?

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Geez, close it then. I'm not sure where everything goes yet since I'm still learning, so yeah anyways.

Between this and the post above my best advice to you is to seek another forum. I don't give a fuck if your still learning. I told you the god damn rule and you're going to follow it or you won't be a member here anymore. If you don't like that get the fuck out and stop posting on this forum.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#14 Go Doggie

Go Doggie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:31 PM

Between this and the post above my best advice to you is to seek another forum. I don't give a fuck if your still learning. I told you the god damn rule and you're going to follow it or you won't be a member here anymore. If you don't like that get the fuck out and stop posting on this forum.

Talio.

I'm sorry Talio! My pet died and so I was in a bad mood. I should not have let that come through online! I've set a bad example and talked-back....I really am sorry, I don't know if you'll forgive me but I want to say that I'm sorry and will abide by the rules.

Sincerely,
Go Doggie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users