Barricade Rev-10

Have people seen this?

22 replies to this topic

#1 IN-THE-DARK

IN-THE-DARK

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

I feel like this has probably been mentioned before, I searched for it and couldn't find any topics on it Though. It's some nerf blaster called the Barricade Rev-10 At first I thought it was just another fly wheel gun because of the noise it made, but now I notice that the shell is designed as if it holds a reverse plunger system, so that's interesting.

Edited by IN-THE-DARK, 27 August 2010 - 03:55 PM.

#2 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

You couldn't find any because they get deleted because nerf hasn't announced it yet. but I'm looking forward to this blaster.(but not after watching that video, it sounds like those are fly wheels running. also how funny is it to see the 2 darts laying 2 or 3 stares up with a break barrel not far away)

Edited by Lion, 27 August 2010 - 04:28 PM.

#3 IN-THE-DARK

IN-THE-DARK

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

but not after watching that video, it sounds like those are fly wheels running. also how funny is it to see the 2 darts laying 2 or 3 stares up with a break barrel not far away)

I'm not sure what to think of the video, because it really does sound like fly wheels winding up, but at the same time, I feel like there's not enough room in the front of the blaster to house the wheels.

#4 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

It's obviously a flywheel blaster. You can hear every time a dart is fired that the wheels have to spin back up again.

Not sure what to think of this. Flywheels are kind of lame, but at the same time it looked like it had pretty good performance and could be a decent sidearm if nothing else. Overall the front end looks way too bulky, though, presumably because of the flywheel housing.

Also would like to know what kind of battery life it has.

EDIT: If you look at this picture, you see that the rear of the blaster does not appear to house a plunger, so it's likely just for holding the pistol grip and stock attachment.

EDIT2: And I think this picture says it all. Flywheels right up in there.

Edited by MavericK96, 27 August 2010 - 05:10 PM.

#5 domo0

domo0

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

I agree that it does sound sort of like a Tommy 20.But it is to small for the wheels
If you do not locate the key in time you will... You mean this key right here... what tha.

#6 LotusNerf

LotusNerf

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

I agree that it does sound sort of like a Tommy 20.But it is to small for the wheels

Did you not see MavericK96's picture? Who said wheel's had to be large?

#7 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:40 AM

This blaster is absolutely a flywheel. Who cares how nerf did it; the sound is unmistakeable. It seems like the bulk of the blaster behind the turret would be mostly empty space.

I just hope this doesn't become the norm for new nerf guns.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#8 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

I don't want to have to use batteries in these new blasters. One of the selling points of the supersoaker and Nerf lines were that they didn't require batteries. Give me an air pump over a power switch any day, I don't want a blaster that operates exclusively on batteries. The vulcan had a manual fire option at least. The stampede should have had that too.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#9 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:09 AM

I don't want to have to use batteries in these new blasters. One of the selling points of the supersoaker and Nerf lines were that they didn't require batteries. Give me an air pump over a power switch any day, I don't want a blaster that operates exclusively on batteries. The vulcan had a manual fire option at least. The stampede should have had that too.

Maybe after a few years of New Nerf (with batteries), they'll bring back Nerf Classic.

Edit: If you can do the same 9v mod as the tommy guns, I think this blaster will be decent.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 28 August 2010 - 12:18 PM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#10 TheDesperado357

TheDesperado357

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:57 AM

I respect your point, and I agree that the Stampede should have had a manual fire option. But when it comes to a side arm, which is what I would use the Barricade for, I'm kind of excited tha there is a battery powered option. When I grab my side arm, its normally an "uh-oh" moment when someone is bearing down on me while I'm in the middle of a reload or clearing a jam or something. In that second, I don't want to deal with lost air pressure or a weak shot. Instead, I want to pull the trigger as many times as possible and get as many darts towards him as I can. I think a well manufactured flywheel gun has the potential to do that, and if its one in a relatively compact size, well, sign me up for two of them.

Again, I understand the desire for nerf to go back to its roots, and I agree that a good air-pump gun is hard to beat in terms of power, and especially modability. But I'm also happy to see that nerf is branching out and trying new things. Just my point of view

#11 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

I respect your point, and I agree that the Stampede should have had a manual fire option. But when it comes to a side arm, which is what I would use the Barricade for, I'm kind of excited tha there is a battery powered option. When I grab my side arm, its normally an "uh-oh" moment when someone is bearing down on me while I'm in the middle of a reload or clearing a jam or something. In that second, I don't want to deal with lost air pressure or a weak shot. Instead, I want to pull the trigger as many times as possible and get as many darts towards him as I can. I think a well manufactured flywheel gun has the potential to do that, and if its one in a relatively compact size, well, sign me up for two of them.

So, if this was your side arm, you'd leave the fly wheels running alllll game long? you'll burn through batterys every round at that pace.

#12 HappyBurnination

HappyBurnination

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

Again, I understand the desire for nerf to go back to its roots, and I agree that a good air-pump gun is hard to beat in terms of power, and especially modability. But I'm also happy to see that nerf is branching out and trying new things. Just my point of view

I wouldn't consider making a pistol-sized Tommy 20 to be "branching out and trying new things." Still, your sidearm argument is quite valid. As always, it just comes down to how you want to play.
"Insert barely clever dual nerf/sexual comment here."
WHITE WHALE, HOLY GRAIL
Split your lungs with blood and thunder.

#13 phillypretzel

phillypretzel

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

While the argument for / and against flywheel blasters continues, I know one thing for certain: I can't wait to get my hands on the shell and turret mechanism. A roomy shell with a ten round advancing turret has a lot of possibilities, whatever method of propulsion you choose to use.

#14 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

If the price is reasonable, I can't wait to get my hands on one.

#15 TheDesperado357

TheDesperado357

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

Well, most of the games that I play in are short, 1v1 or 2v2 scenario games in an enclosed space. As a result, they never last longer than 15 minutes or so, so I would have no problem leaving the Barricade "on" during the duration...remembering to turn it off, on the other hand, might take some practice :angry:

And the "branching out comment" just meant that I was pleased to see Nerf doing something different. We've all seen air tank guns (although I agree we're due for a new one), but as far as I know, we've never got a dedicated flywheel from nerf. That makes it kinda cool in my eyes.

Anyway, +1 on the being excited for the shell, it looks like it has significant potential.

#16 TheDesperado357

TheDesperado357

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

Well, most of the games that I play in are short, 1v1 or 2v2 scenario games in an enclosed space. As a result, they never last longer than 15 minutes or so, so I would have no problem leaving the Barricade "on" during the duration...remembering to turn it off, on the other hand, might take some practice :angry:

And the "branching out comment" just meant that I was pleased to see Nerf doing something different. We've all seen air tank guns (although I agree we're due for a new one), but as far as I know, we've never got a dedicated flywheel from nerf. That makes it kinda cool in my eyes.

Anyway, +1 on the being excited for the shell, it looks like it has significant potential.

#17 clutchjunkie

clutchjunkie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

I can see some of the first mods being

(a.) activating the motor with the first fraction of the trigger pull instead of the switch
or
(b.) adding a disconnect switch/button which is mechanically activated by a custom holster

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be getting one (or more) eventually, because they should be excellent in mostly-stock office nerf.

I think that if you want to go with A., you should consider a 7.4v lipo for a battery (assuming the motor can take it). Should be pretty much instant motor on full, not to mention it should increase the range since this is a flywheel gun.
Do not modify darts or dart blaster.

#18 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:04 AM

I can see some of the first mods being

(a.) activating the motor with the first fraction of the trigger pull instead of the switch
or
(b.) adding a disconnect switch/button which is mechanically activated by a custom holster

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be getting one (or more) eventually, because they should be excellent in mostly-stock office nerf.

Or you could do a grip 'on' momentary switch much the same way some pistols have a grip safety
http://bultransmark......ip Safety.jpg

#19 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

Or you could do a grip 'on' momentary switch much the same way some pistols have a grip safety
http://bultransmark......ip Safety.jpg

Yeah, that would probably be a pretty quick and easy mod, and it would help a lot with not having to remember to flip the switch on/off all the time.

#20 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

Around where I live we have a ton of indoor wars, flywheel guns suck balls in an indoor war, period. They are loud, and when you are confined to a tight space quiet is key. Not to mention their jamming problems.

However, in an outdoor situation it has a semi-redeeming performance. All that having been said, from the sidearm perspective, I am not going to use a gun that takes 2-3 seconds to warm up. That kinda defeats the purpose of the sidearm.

Sad to see nerf stoop to buzzbee's level when it comes to auto and semi-auto guns. Hope this doesn't become the next shitty gun trend to come out of hasbro.

Edited by Equilox, 31 August 2010 - 05:51 PM.

"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#21 Vengeancedemon

Vengeancedemon

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

I've heard of this gun but only rumors. It looks like their making it now but im not buying it, im getting guns with modding potential
"The point of war is not to die for your country but to make the other B*****d die for his." General Patent.

#22 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

I've heard of this gun but only rumors. It looks like their making it now but im not buying it, im getting guns with modding potential

Good luck if want a recently/newly released blaster.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#23 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

Around where I live we have a ton of indoor wars, flywheel guns suck balls in an indoor war, period. They are loud, and when you are confined to a tight space quiet is key. Not to mention their jamming problems.

In many cases, I agree with you. However, I have been in a number of situations (usually specific gametypes) where the enemy is quite well aware of where you are. In those cases, I have successfully used a Mech Tommy 20 to great effect, mainly due to its great ROF. Since they are between a single-shot and an automatic, the semi-auto flywheel blasters have a niche all their own if their poor range is not an issue (as happens frequently indoors). You can quickly squeeze off several rounds without firing off your whole load like an automatic. The RF20 is similarly capable, but requires more time to reload/reprime since you have to pump it up.

Of course, if someone did manage to mod a blaster like this so that the flywheels spin up almost instantly with a momentary switch, it would be that much better.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users