Making it Useful

3 replies to this topic

#1 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

The J.A.M. Blaster, for all intents and purposes, is a glorified cardboard tube launcher from Lanard. A good looking and decently sealed one, perhaps, but still...you expect better performance from $10, especially with over 10" of draw on the thing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The original writeup was here, with the determination that there was little potential. I strongly disagree.

You start by opening up. Both plastic handle pieces unscrew, leaving the tubes for dissection. The correct way is to saw through the cardboard right where it meets this piece. Cut just enough to take off the cardboard, and you'll have a surface for resealing later.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here's a size comparison. This thing severely needs a straw mod if it wants to build significant pressure of any kind.
Posted Image

Cut to length (I don't have the measurement off hand) 1/2" CPVC for the length of the inner tube. On the end, place a small section of 1/2" PVC, with a shaved'down 1/2" to 1" bushing. Fit this into the large end of the blaster. On the ammo end take a small length 1/2" PVC with e-tape around it and hammer in place. You have now killed a ton of dead space.
Posted Image
Go back to your initial cut, wrap e-tape around the plastic inner rim (trimming as necessary) until the cardboard tube just slips over. Use hot glue or goop to seal it back into place.

Now you can do the usual (cut off the air restrictor, add a coupler, etc.). Also glue over the foam on the backside of the blaster, as in the previous mod.
Posted Image

I haven't experimented with the barrel lengths, but using single bb 1.5" darts, a 12" barrel, and as close to level firing as possible (let's just say at a 5 degree angle, to be safe. That's the nature of push-pull...), my darts are landing from 70' to 90+'. With a bit of testing (and perhaps stronger arms than myself), you should be able to break 100'.

And there you are; a fairly useless blaster that's no longer so useless.

Edited by Buffdaddy, 17 August 2010 - 11:09 AM.

#2 Stark

Stark

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

Put a hopper on it and you'd have one seriously comfy hamp.
"Road trip." -Atomatron

BITCHES GO CRAZY FOR RAINBOWS

#3 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:18 PM

Put a PumpSnap in it and you have one seriously awesome Nerf gun.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#4 Foam Ninja

Foam Ninja

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

I bought one of these a long time ago, I strapped a RSCB on it. I get around 85-100' not bad if you like a good challenge with aiming. HvZ pwne gun is what mine is. My farthest range was 130 by slamming it (not recommended) as hard as I could.

Edited by Foam Ninja, 20 August 2010 - 01:30 AM.

QUOTE(Soothsayer @ Jul 18 2010, 03:51 PM) View Post

Still haven't beat Foam Ninja in a sword fight

1.The baby would blow up do to being made of pure fail.
2.I GIVE UP! I AM GETTING MY GAS ELSEWHERE!!
-Nerf Mafia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users