Photo

Tek 6 Or Unmodded/modded Airtech 2000

6 replies to this topic

#1 CupOfNo0dles

CupOfNo0dles

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 10:56 PM

I have both guns and am still trying to find PETG piping or some 19/36 brass piping, before i do i just want to know which gun is better overall either the Tek 6 or an unmodded/modded Airtech 2000.

Edit:Thanks for your help, but by modding it how much would the Airtech become better in like from before and after (when modified).

Edited by CupOfNo0dles, 11 April 2004 - 11:41 PM.

A Cup Of Noodles One Of The Best Fast Foods Out There
Right At Your Home

#2 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 11:18 PM

The airtech no question. Check with Iron Rino for PETG and check Ace Hardware and your local HobbyShops for brass.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#3 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:19 AM

In this case i would have to go with the airtech.But I modded my tek ten and it gets like 35ft. straight with 10 shots and it cocks.So unless you are really good at modding go with the airtech, unless you want to have a higher rof.

Edited by uche-uche, 12 April 2004 - 11:21 AM.

#4 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 02:57 PM

For the usual indoor games I play, the Tek Ten is probably the best close-range gun on the market today. The AT2k has better range, and using standard ammo without barrel mods, is on par with the nite finder at about 50-55 feet. The Tek guns get about 35-40 feet without modding. I've found there are two versions of the Tek Ten, one that has round barrels and another with stupid hexagonal barrels that doesn't fire stock micros or Stefans easily; it splits them. Oh, and don't use a Tek six. Either upgrade to the ten with the round barrels or use the AT2k.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#5 hellsangel

hellsangel

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:20 AM

What is a Tek Ten?
What would the robit do? Frame someone! -Futurama

I have 7 kids.
7!? Lady I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once and a while!-Groucho Marks(The End of Live TV)

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 06:17 PM

can these tek gun still be purchased and where at ? im interested in getting one for indoor wars. anyone have any mods with pics for modding one?

#7 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 10:26 PM

Tek Ten is like a Tek Six but with standard length barrels, so it can comfortably fit a microdart. It also has ten shots, of course. Pull back the top part just like the lock'n'load, and pull the trigger. You can shoot almost as fast as a blastfire, but it requires two hands, and you don't get quite the distance. Also, there are two kinds of Tek Tens, some with hexgonal barrels and some with round. The round ones fire Nerf stock in addition to Buzz Bee Toys stock, and they don't split your darts the way the one with hexagonal barrels does, so look down the barrels. I purchased mine at K-Mart.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users