Photo

Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

121 replies to this topic

#26 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:03 PM

I just p'shopped and uploaded the pics Toj sent me.

Looks interesting. Nice combination of open areas and brush or tree-covered areas.

Toj, what's the height of the shrubbery on that hill? Is the water tower fenced off? Who the hell do those orchards belong to? Will anyone freak if we use any/all of the areas in those pics?

Zack, it shouldn't take you more than 2 hours to get to Toj's house.

Mantis, around LA that's not as far-fetched as you might think.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#27 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:04 PM

short shit, if your on the freeway i don't think it'll take you more than 2.5. from my house it's just over 2, and santa monica isn't any farther north than pasadena.

edit: haha, i posted the same thing like a minute after c.

dude: toj's house looks sweet. if we just piled up some of those logs to add a little cover, i think it would be really cool.

Edited by rawray7, 13 April 2004 - 08:08 PM.

You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#28 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:36 PM

I would love to live out there: open fields, a lot of grass, and...peacocks? That would rule to have a war out there. Man I need to fix my freakin' SS2!

:EDIT: I forgot the I before E rule.

Edited by CustomSnake202, 13 April 2004 - 08:39 PM.

#29 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:40 PM

Feh, I'd prefer a park. With open fields.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#30 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:46 PM

Toj, what's the height of the shrubbery on that hill? Is the water tower fenced off? Who the hell do those orchards belong to? Will anyone freak if we use any/all of the areas in those pics?

The shrubbery...if you mean the hill with the water tower, then the shrubbery is about 15 foot high orange trees. Yes the water tower is fenced off, the orchards...I'm not really sure, I go there all the time and nobody usually cares. Correct, we should be able to use those areas without anyone freaking, and if so I'll talk to them about it.

Dude: Toj's house looks sweet. If we just piled up some of those logs to add a little cover, I think it would be really cool.

We just cut down half of our grove due to root rot, we can use the wood from that and build up bases, (some other children and I can pile it up the day before if we need to).

*edit*

and...peacocks

Meh, I took the picture of the peacocks because I felt like photoshopping its head. T'was mildly entertaining for about four minutes...

Edited by ShatteredDreams, 13 April 2004 - 08:49 PM.

"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#31 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:54 PM

It would take you 5 hours to drive 100 miles??!? Dear goodness man, how do you ever get anywhere?!

people need to understand that I like to exagerate numbers. It typically takes me 1-2 hours to get to Irvine from all the LANO's ive attended, and being twise the distance I just assumed I'd take twice the time, it really is a long truck, but I'll keep it inmind, it looks like a great location...

Edited by ShortShit, 13 April 2004 - 08:55 PM.

~SS

#32 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:02 PM

people need to understand that I like to exagerate numbers. It typically takes me 1-2 hours to get to Irvine from all the LANO's ive attended, and being twise the distance I just assumed I'd take twice the time, it really is a long truck, but I'll keep it inmind, it looks like a great location...

1-2 hours to get to Irvine to all the Lanos...unless I'm wrong, aren't all the Yanos and Lanos in Irvine? That's where I have thought they've been for the last four or five years we've been going there...correct me if I'm wrong though.

Edited by ShatteredDreams, 13 April 2004 - 09:43 PM.

"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#33 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:11 PM

your correct.
~SS

#34 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:55 AM

We just cut down half of our grove due to root rot, we can use the wood from that and build up bases, (some other children and I can pile it up the day before if we need to).

i don't mean like boyscout forts or anything, i just mean like combine a few of those piles into a big enough pile to hide behind.

just clarifying
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#35 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:43 PM

I'm pretty much open all June & and whenever, heh.

Toj, is there poisen oak on your property at all?
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#36 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:21 PM

Im confused, would we be playing in the orange fields or in that badass place the video took place in?
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#37 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 08:05 PM

Check the threads from recent YANOs if you want the full story on the old location. Short version - we've been thrown out twice now and we're getting sick of it. We'd love to have a new 'urban-style' area to play in but for the moment we haven't found anything.

#38 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 08:23 PM

If you'd like, Bobert and I can search around L.A. I bet we could find a school or something to war at. My old school, my current school, and some other schools in the neighborhood are pretty lax about people playing basketball on their campus. Although people shooting stuff at each other may be different.

I'll look.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#39 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 08:30 PM

OMFG, I'm Pw33N3D by the pics of Chez Toj. I'm all over it like a fly on shit. I'd drive there this weekend if there was a war going on (and if I wasn't already going to Ray's). I mean did you SEE the two level deck and house and shit? I'm 0wned.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#40 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 09:01 PM

If you'd like, Bobert and I can search around L.A.

Thanks but no. We don't need looking, we need asking. People play basketball 20' from the area we got thrown out of at Venado.

The shrubbery...if you mean the hill with the water tower, then the shrubbery is about 15 foot high orange trees.

Actually I meant the hill in the next-to-last pic.

OMFG, I'm Pw33N3D by the pics of Chez Toj.

What I like is how much variety there is and the little fact that there's nobody around to fuck with us. I don't know what it's like for the east coast guys but around here it's damn near impossible to get away from people.

It would be tres kewl to have several flags and do some CTF variants with more than two teams.

#41 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:39 AM

Indeed, my love of 3 team wars is historic.

Now it all boils down to: will Toj's parents REALLY want 20 sweaty nerfers around their property all day? And can we GET 20 people to come down? I bet we can. All I know is that if the war is in Oceanside, I'd better see ALL of the SD crew there, there will be no excuse this time. Jason's even considering driving down from his home, which is EIGHT hours away, to come to Armageddonin June.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#42 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:59 PM

If you guys get a date set and its at least a 20 man war (hopefully a bit bigger), Shinny and I could probably pull it off.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#43 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:06 PM

If you guys get a date set and its at least a 20 man war (hopefully a bit bigger), Shinny and I could probably pull it off.

Agreed - the sooner you guys can settle on a date the sooner I can see if I'm available and the cheaper the plane tickets will be.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#44 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 08:30 PM

Alright, after dinner I'm going to make a Matrix of dates vs conflicts. I'd like Steph to be able to come if possible. Unfortunately, the 12th seemed like one of the best days.

Keep your pants on for a few hours.

#45 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 08:53 PM

I appologize lol ^_^

Edited by ShortShit, 16 April 2004 - 12:17 AM.

~SS

#46 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 12:54 AM

Saturday, June 19th.

10:00-6:00

Chez Toj - directions will be provided to those who RSVP. For transportation planning purposes it is in the general area of Oceanside, CA. Mapquest knows where that is so go look it up. It's about 2 hours drive from most of LA and SGV. It's about 1.5 hours from North and Central OC. It's about 2.5 to 3 hours from The Valley. It's about .5 hours from SD.

I'll be filming for a new nerf music video.

This is going to be the war of the year, kids.

#47 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 01:01 AM

Amen!

Now it's time to evangelize guys. We've got a badass new location, the chances of Groove and some LCM boys coming down again and a bunch of good guns relatively easily available.

I KNOW we can get 20 people easily for this war, hell there's going to be probably seven people from my group alone, easy! So lets make it happen guys, let's show everyone how SoCal nerf is DONE.

#48 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 09:08 AM

Fuck. Two hours? Oy, that'll be hell on my dad for driving.

Much more begging to do.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#49 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 02:48 PM

Oh come on two hours is nothing. I flew 6 hours to Nerf in NJ before.

Assure your dad that unlike the LAST YANO (*cough fuck you guys cough*), there will actually be lots of people at this one. We promise.

#50 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 05:45 PM

Fuck. Two hours? Oy, that'll be hell on my dad for driving.

Much more begging to do.

2 hours? 2 FUCKING hours? I had to practically sign my soul to my parents to let me fly 5 & 1/2 hours across the country to Nerf with a bunch of people I had never met before.

Then comes the time I had to convince them to drive me to Roanoke, VA - 6 hours away from where I live - and also Nerf all day with a bunch of people I had never met before.

2 hours...please. Give me a break.

Bribery, my son. Bribery.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users