Hornet "tank" Questions

ARs and PSI

4 replies to this topic

#1 SPV999

SPV999

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

I know the Hornet tanks are back-pressure systems, and I know how that works. That said, is there any sure way to safely remove the ARs without breaking the valve? What is the "stop drilling!" point on them?

Also, has anyone tested the max PSI on a Hornet? The only thing I really have to go by is the OPR valve on the pump gives out at around 6-7 pumps, about 1 pump per tank. I see some people pump it up to about 30 however. Anyone every had one explode?
Concept mods in works:
#1) Codename: The Negotiator
#2) Codename: XXXG-00W0
#3) Codename: Punisher

#2 burning-ice

burning-ice

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

"I see some people pump it up to about 30 however."

I remember reading somewhere that pumping it five times, then cocking it, then pumping it fifteen times is the best for the hornet.

Edited by burning-ice, 10 August 2010 - 11:45 AM.

I lurk alot.
If I double post blame my internet, I apologize.

#3 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

I know the Hornet tanks are back-pressure systems, and I know how that works. That said, is there any sure way to safely remove the ARs without breaking the valve? What is the "stop drilling!" point on them?

You can actually even remove the last ridge shown here, though there's no reason to. But don't mess with the hole inside of it. The piston is tiny, and the opening cannot be expanded enough to justify the risk.
Posted Image

Yeah, I was messing with my tanks and the entire barrel came off with just a small tug and I got that same result (but that was a loose one). The others were harder though but if you can get the right sections loosened then you can get it off and have an easy open for barrel replacement

Edited by deadshooter711, 10 August 2010 - 03:02 PM.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#4 SPV999

SPV999

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

So the entire orange barrel and gray faceplate can be just pulled off? Sweet! Would you recommend the boiling water trick to dissolve the glue, or is that a bad idea in this case?
Concept mods in works:
#1) Codename: The Negotiator
#2) Codename: XXXG-00W0
#3) Codename: Punisher

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

I'm not sure if the Titan version is different from the red ones, but I hit mine with a hammer on the joints on either sides and the barrels fell off... but I didn't care what happened to the tanks since most were duds anyways. There is very little glue there, maybe you can use pipe cutters like people do to get the new nitefinders open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users