Need Help With At2k

Before it becomes a worthless plastic ca

9 replies to this topic

#1 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:15 PM

I was opening up my AT2K to plug the over-pressurization release valve, when I realized I can't open the front completely. It looks like the part of the case behind the pump handle is glues to the rest of the case. To make matters worse, the screw between the barrels is completely stripped. I managed to open up the rest, but a spring popped out, and the barrels came out. I can get the barrels back on, but I have no clue where the hell the spring is supposed to go. And, whenever I pump, air comes out of somewhere (I can't find any holes in the tubes), and the trigger is loose. So, if I could just get some help on preventing my AT2K from becoming junk, I'd appreciate it.
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#2 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:31 PM

You got it opened? If you didn't than that tube right where the pump is, it's holding yoiu back. You can hack saw it off or try to pry it off. Don't saw the plunger tube though.

Edit: ompa we posted at the same time :cry: .

Edited by UpGraD3, 11 April 2004 - 01:32 PM.

"Is luck a loser's excuse for a winners position?"

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:31 PM

just try to pry that pump-cap off... There are a bunch of diagrams of the internals of the AT2k, and you could probably find one with ease. However, I bet that's the trigger spring. Just pry off that pump cap and open it up completely. Stripped Screws? No problem! Duct tape to the rescue! As for the holes, good luck with that... hot glue and duct tape maybe? Or go to the store and buy replacement tubing, shouldn't be too expensive. If it's the actual tank, that's pretty ugly. Hot glue might solve it if you're lucky. There's an entire topic on something of this sort, but I'm kinda lazy to look it up. Someone has a leak in a sm750 and there were many ways suggested to solve it. Best of luck.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 11 April 2004 - 01:32 PM.

#4 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:37 PM

Okay, this is weird, but the spring actually fell out last night. After that everything still worked fine, but today is when the air started leaking. BUT, I closed the case up and everything's fine, except that the barrels aren't in, and if I open it again to put the barrels in, the trigger will probably come off the rail again. However, it doesn't look like I'll need anything to fix it, just patience. Well, I guess I learned I need to start modding with something a little bit easier. :cry:
If the pump cap is going to require a hacksaw, I guess I'll just wait until I'm a little more experienced with modding.

Edited by VoLT, 11 April 2004 - 01:54 PM.

"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

#5 hellsangel

hellsangel

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:45 PM

Did you take out all the air restricting crap from the barrels it gets much more distance that way.
What would the robit do? Frame someone! -Futurama

I have 7 kids.
7!? Lady I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once and a while!-Groucho Marks(The End of Live TV)

#6 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:57 PM

If thee is a leak, hot glue and duct tape arent going to help. Use plumbers goop. The 2k is a very easy gun to mod, Volt, just pry off that cap.

THIRST
ko

#7 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:57 PM

No, because I couldn't even hold the case open without something else going wrong. I'm going to wait to do that some other time.
Well, I finally got everything back together, and it actually works a little bit better. :cry: Um, anyway, I'm going to go ice my bleeding fingers in the freezer.

Edit: The top part was directed at hellsangel. Anyway, I went upstairs to check and see if we have any hot glue, but we're out... agh... so, I couldn't do it right now anyway.

Edited by VoLT, 11 April 2004 - 02:04 PM.

#8 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:14 PM

I just finished modding mine.
Open the case by making a small insicion (sp) into the cap and force it off. If done properly, it should snap along the scored line. Then open the case. Fill the small, overpressure valve with hot glue. Make sure it is airtight, when I finished my mod I had to open it back up because air was escaping. Now remove the barrel assembly. I decided to single barrel mine, and I think you should, also. Take 6" of 1/2" CPVC and make sure the cuts are level and straight. Now take about 1" of a stock mega dart. Just cut it off the bottom. It should just be an O ring of foam. Reassemble the gun. Put this foam O ring onto the valve. Now put on your CPVC overtop of the ring and the valve. Use hot glue and/or electrician's tape to secure the barrel. I fit stock micros down the barrel or stock megas at the top of the barrel. I prefer micros for their distance. My AT2K gets about 50-80 foot range on a bad day. Would you like pictures of mine?
Happy Building,
Hunter

Edited by Hunter, 11 April 2004 - 07:15 PM.

Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#9 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:47 PM

I just finished modding mine.
Open the case by making a small insicion (sp) into the cap and force it off. If done properly, it should snap along the scored line. Then open the case. Fill the small, overpressure valve with hot glue. Make sure it is airtight, when I finished my mod I had to open it back up because air was escaping. Now remove the barrel assembly. I decided to single barrel mine, and I think you should, also. Take 6" of 1/2" CPVC and make sure the cuts are level and straight. Now take about 1" of a stock mega dart. Just cut it off the bottom. It should just be an O ring of foam. Reassemble the gun. Put this foam O ring onto the valve. Now put on your CPVC overtop of the ring and the valve. Use hot glue and/or electrician's tape to secure the barrel. I fit stock micros down the barrel or stock megas at the top of the barrel. I prefer micros for their distance. My AT2K gets about 50-80 foot range on a bad day. Would you like pictures of mine?
Happy Building,
Hunter

1. You need to replace that hot glue wit plumbers gop to mkae a srong, airtight seal.
2. Make your barrel 9 inches long for much more range and accuracy.

You should get around 100 feet with stefans, but I still dont reccomend sindle barreling that gun anyways.

THIRST
ko

#10 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 11:48 PM

I was opening up my AT2K to plug the over-pressurization release valve, when I realized I can't open the front completely.

on the ver bottom of that cap, hacksaw a line parrallel to the pump. you should go deep enough to where your almost cutting the pump shaft. now, put a flathead screwdriver in the cut and pry off the cap, it will break right off, if you sawed deep enough.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users