Effeminate Summer War Part 6

Were Getting Close To The Big Bang

53 replies to this topic

#1 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:32 AM

This is it guys. Second to last war of the Effeminate series. Lets make the last two the most Effeminate NERF WARS!!!!!!!!!

When: August 21 ( Saturday )

Where: MerryMoore Park

Meeting Place: Windmill area

Start time: 10:00

Rules:

Eye protection is mandatory
No Head shots
No singled titans
No pump plugged BBBB/Lbb/Spy Gear Launcher with single barrel
No blaster that can go over 150'

Everyone brings at least one blaster and Stefans.

Game types:

Death Match
Zombies
Medic
NF push
CTF
Pistol Round
Ammo Depot
Civil War
Pimp
And any other game types you guys would like to try

Attendees

Dayko + 1
TantumBull
Darth Freyr
Broderick
taerKitty

Maybes

TED

Edited by Dayko, 20 August 2010 - 12:24 PM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#2 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:59 AM

Which state is this in? If its near where I live then you can put me down as a maybe.

#3 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

Which state is this in? If its near where I live then you can put me down as a maybe.

It's in Washington state.

I love the filter...

Anyway, put me down as a maybe, and I'll confirm later. August 21st seems alright as of now, but even if I have a baseball game or something I'm skipping it to come to this, because this is probably the last war that I can make before school starts.

#4 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

I have a Fam reunion that day so I'm a no go.

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

I have a Fam reunion that day so I'm a no go.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaame. You'll be missed.

I should be there. And yeah, I agree with Broderick, many luvs for the filter.

Edited by TantumBull, 04 August 2010 - 01:18 PM.

#6 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

I'm out. Family obligations. Damn. And I've been casting Bumper Head darts to go around, too...
Fugly is a feature.

#7 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

Dang, guys. I'll see ya guys at the last effeminate summer war.

#8 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

When's that?
Fugly is a feature.

#9 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

When's that?

I'm thinking some time in September. I want as many people to come as possible, so lets start throwing some dates out there. What sounds good to everyone?

#10 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

Well, I start school again on the 8th, so if you can have it before that, that would be great. However, any Saturday should work so long as there is a week or two's notice.

#11 Darth Freyr

Darth Freyr

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:48 PM

I should be able to be there. I hope to have some extra insanity with me this time, with a huge finale for the next one.
Please email me rather than sending a PM. I am DarthFreyr at gmail dot com

#12 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

I'm still a no-go, with a glimmer of hope, but not a whole lot more than that.

I've been busy since Effin' V, though. Even though I only got two hours in on that one, it was a blast!

Remember those bumper head darts? I've been busy:

Posted Image

Each of the six sandwich-sized zippy bags holds 100 darts. Each of the two snack-sized zippies in the front hold 40 (another 20 darts and they'll end up in another sandwich bag.)

Whichever Effin' War I go to next, I expect to have at least 750 of these, maybe 1000. They're a pain in the rump to make; probably twice to three times the trouble of a McMaster slug. I'm not planning on selling them, but am open to sharing them if people want to try them out.

===

Edit: Okay, looks like I'll be going, but in a 'spectator' capacity. We have a social visit that afternoon, so it won't do for me to be all worn (or welted) for that obligation.

I'll have some 'show and tell' with me. That's my favourite part of these wars anyhow (not that the blasting isn't fun, but I love seeing what craziness some of our more ... creative members come up with between wars.)

Edited by taerKitty, 12 August 2010 - 11:33 PM.

Fugly is a feature.

#13 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:49 AM

Everyone getting pumped up for this weekend? I got to make one last batch of Stefans then I'll be ready to rock.

#14 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

Would anyone be up to seeing if more people could come if the war was moved to Sunday? Or have you already taken the day off, Daniel?

#15 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

Once again, I don't know if I can go. My parents have busy schedules, and I of course don't have a full license yet.
I'll see if my dad can drive me up there, but yeah. Still a maybe unless I show up.

#16 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

Yeah, sorry my work schedule is already set, I already got the day off. Seems like lots of people have other plans for this weekend. Everyone just try hard to make it. Hope too see everyone there.

#17 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

Alright, put me down as confirmed. My dad is taking me up, he thinks it's a good excuse for him to get a day off, haha.
I don't know how many darts I'll have, since I am extremely broke right now, and am pretty much out of weights.
Hope to see you guys there!

#18 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:24 AM

I'll be there from 10 to 12, but won't be Nerfing, just visiting and kibitzing.
Fugly is a feature.

#19 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

I'll be there from 10 to 12, but won't be Nerfing, just visiting and kibitzing.

Awesome. I might buy a "sample" (50 or so) of those bumper head darts. I'd like to see how they fly. That, and I am in need of some Wyes. But yeah, got some money, so I shouldn't be mooching off of anyone. Hopefully more than a few people show up, but nevertheless I need to get out and Nerf. See you guys on Saturday!

#20 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

So as it ends up, the freshman start their attack on Friday, which means they flood the breezeways with cardboard all weekend long. Since I'm the Coordinator for recycling services, guess who has to work this weekend?

I'll try and make the next one, and bring a bunch of freshman so we can teach them a lesson.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#21 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

Awesome. I might buy a "sample" (50 or so) of those bumper head darts. I'd like to see how they fly. That, and I am in need of some Wyes. But yeah, got some money, so I shouldn't be mooching off of anyone. Hopefully more than a few people show up, but nevertheless I need to get out and Nerf. See you guys on Saturday!

Those things are a royal pain to make. I want to see how they work, but, not being there, I won't be able to 'tabulate results' (to make it all sound scientific.) I'm also interested in feedback as to what people think they're worth. I'm thinking about $25 per 100 because they take so long, which sounds positively ridiculous even to me.

So here's the deal. I'll be happy to 'loan' darts out to everyone who's interested in trying them out. I have over 500 free, so there should be plenty to go around. If I'm not selling them, then we don't have to worry about multiple people buying them, then saying which darts are who's after the dart sweeps.

If, after the war, people actually want to buy them off me, you take some home, and email me (taerkitty at gmail dot com) and we'll do the whole PayPal thing, etc. Honour system and all that. At $0.25 per, I doubt many people will take them up. As for the leftovers, if Dayko's willing, we can just toss into the communal dart bin and I'll claim them on the next/last Epic War (or, as I call it, "Effin' War"). If not, someone who has a good chance of attending these wars, please collect them all and I'll take them off your hands next chance I get.

I'll be bringing the four wyes I have left. I'm not to screw the NIC, so they're still $2 each. (Please bring ones. I can't guarantee I'll have change.) No dibs. First-come-first-served at the war. (Sorry to those who are coming late. If there's enough of a need, we can do another group buy.)
Fugly is a feature.

#22 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

I may be able to make this war guys. I have to go to a work conference that week and I could probably find time to come.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#23 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:47 PM

I have one guest coming, which makes it look like 6 definites plus whoever else Daniel brings besides Stevey. Actually one of my favorite amounts. Also can't wait to check out all the shit Freyr's cooked up.

#24 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

I may be able to make this war guys. I have to go to a work conference that week and I could probably find time to come.

wat

That's fine Taer, I only need one, but would buy 2 or 3 if I'm not being a dick and hogging them. One for a hopper'd LS and one as an extra for whatever I make. Hopefully I should have my BnA finished (just needs a clear coat, and some more minor sanding) by Saturday. I've just got a drive for driver's ed tomorrow, but I should be good.

#25 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:56 PM

Say, anyone have a WTS or WTB for this war? Or should that go in the Trading forum?

Me, I'm interested in a 4B, so I can make another Cluster-Eff and dual-wield them.

Trigger doesn't matter - I can retrofit a lever trigger on one.
Fugly is a feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users