Photo

Anti-oz Shotgun

4 replies to this topic

#1 PVC Arsenal 17

PVC Arsenal 17

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

My town's annual game of Humans Vs. Zombies begins today and this time we're playing with different rules. The Original Zombie (OZ) is no longer completely invincible until he gets his first kill. He can now be stunned if he's shot 5 times within the span of one confrontation.

My squad runs drills to prepare for OZ attacks and we found it's extremely difficult to get off 5 shots before someone is lost even if we work as a team. With that in mind, I built a last resort "shotgun" to help ensure a stun.

It's a very simple gun. The reservoir consists of a 3/4" brass ball valve with extended lever, an 8" length of 3/4" steel pipe, a 3/4" steel coupling, a 3/4" x 1/8" brass bushing, and an 1/8" NPT schrader valve. There are 7, 1/2" CPVC barrels lining the inner circumference of 2" sch40 PVC pipe and an 8th barrel in the center. The gaps are filled in with silicone. The 2" pipe is then adapted down to thread into the ball valve.

The shotgun is filled using a 12 gram CO2 tire inflator (shown) but can also use a bike pump.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know you guys all probably hate HvZ, but I'm obsessed with it and the things I post are all made specifically for the game.

Edited by PVC Arsenal 17, 03 August 2010 - 12:11 PM.

#2 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

Pretty clever, though not my cup O tea. Ranges? How many times can you fire all the darts from one fill?
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#3 PVC Arsenal 17

PVC Arsenal 17

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

About two shots but you have to be careful how much CO2 you allow in with the first fill. Roughly 3 foot spread at 20 feet. The gun performed as intended. I got the first kill of the game with it, and now it will be scrapped for parts as with everything else I make.

#4 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

I likes. Shotgun mods of all kinds appeal to me, the simplicity here is great.

I feel like with this design and the fact that you don't have a pump separate from the blast chamber you are just a few hose clamps or zip ties away from a HELL of an integration in any number of your crazy other blasters.

By crazy I mean ballstastic. No edit here: I mean that.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#5 debandgeek12

debandgeek12

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

By crazy I mean ballstastic. No edit here: I mean that.

Not sure if that's a good thing, as in ball-launching awesomeness, or if it's a bad thing, as in balls.

On topic, this is brilliant. I plan on making one to replace my Pango. Now I can use the Pango for a hopper, and this for close scatters. Thanks PVC.
It's time to pretend.

mysterio
the leaking was all in the bladder

Yay, the IRC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users