Photo

Mano 3

Going back to our roots

48 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Date? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Saturday works best? (Counting votes up to Sept 4th, noon)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Stark

Stark

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:21 PM

I might go. It depends if I feel like roadtripping a second weekend in a row.
"Road trip." -Atomatron

BITCHES GO CRAZY FOR RAINBOWS

#27 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

Change me to a maybe, I need to work out some plans with my brother.

If we do go, I might also bring along a few friends.

EDIT:I know that you particularly made it clear that the only person that is allowed a shield is the Spartan, but
if I wanted to use a low-range blaster such as the stampede itself, would you make an exception for the stampede shield? Or is that a no-go?

NEW EDIT: I will be there with Range Eclipse and EvilBob. However, we will be late by about an hour.

Edited by Mehku, 14 October 2010 - 11:11 PM.

#28 hummer

hummer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:48 PM

EDIT:I know that you particularly made it clear that the only person that is allowed a shield is the Spartan, but
if I wanted to use a low-range blaster such as the stampede itself, would you make an exception for the stampede shield? Or is that a no-go?

I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but I would like the shield to be a class only thing. Rounds with no classes should be fine though.
Into the fires of battle!
Onto the anvil of war!
QUOTE(BustaNinja @ Nov 23 2010, 04:09 PM) View Post

He parkours over flat land while yelling tactical orders at no one. Demon Lord is the most legit ballsy nerfer of all time.

#29 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but I would like the shield to be a class only thing. Rounds with no classes should be fine though.

Awesome, I had a shield to test out.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#30 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:39 PM

I'm out, my car is borked, and I've got arrangements on Friday night. Unless Stark want's to drive down at 3am the day of.

#31 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

Kane and I will be there with the new mobstacles. Woo.

#32 Edible Autopsy

Edible Autopsy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Wait..Is the "effiminate" dart stash going to be there? because I own about 3 slugs, and 10 stock darts.

EDIT: Never mind i'm slow. disregard this post.

Edited by Edible Autopsy, 14 October 2010 - 09:33 PM.

Hot glue is my best friend.

#33 hummer

hummer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

War is tomorrow
The blasters all packed away
It's Nerf or 'nothin

(The forecast for tomorrow is high of 68 and low of 40, mostly sunny, dress accordingly)

Edit: Checked on bathrooms/bubbler, and unless they close both within the next 12 hours, we have both available!

Edited by hummer, 15 October 2010 - 06:46 PM.

Onto the anvil of war!

He parkours over flat land while yelling tactical orders at no one. Demon Lord is the most legit ballsy nerfer of all time.

#34 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

Wait..Is the "effiminate" dart stash going to be there? because I own about 3 slugs, and 10 stock darts.

At least spell Effeminate, correctly.

No, we won't have enough, although picking them off the ground is just fine.

EDIT: If anyone feels like coming early, we're going to try to be there by 9:30 to setup the new mobstacles.

Edited by Ryan201821, 15 October 2010 - 05:22 PM.

#35 Range Eclipse

Range Eclipse

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

Seems a bit late to say it, but I will be there.
Clan A.D.D

#36 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

Recappin' time.

Excellent war. Good weather (if a bit windy) and a great group of people. +/- format for comments, because it's fun:

+ Great weather.
- Enough wind to make the core roll away during DTC.
- The darts I made last night were utter fail. Menards foam changed size again, so all my shots were double firing. Picking darts up off the ground was better....barely. Dart fit was a problem all day, so my bows were only sort of okay.
- Nerf in autumn means that dart sweeps suck.
+ I <3 my SNAP pump crossbow. This is the first war in over four years that I haven't picked up the SNAP-1 at all.
- It's not quite possible to hide behind a tree and shoot a crossbow around it. I tried once, and the results are sort of comical.
+ The SNAP-8 acquitting itself very well...trigger mech just got fussy by the end of the day.
- Finding out that trimmed zipties are really sharp. The hard way.
+ Winning a round of CTF
- Being totally cashed in after doing so.
- The Überdart getting stuck in a tree.
+ Hummer's mom retrieving it. (!!!)
- Seriously, people need to stop using glue tip darts.
+ The return of Nerf Dad. Awesome.
+ Park workers driving past, and apparently deciding that we were crazy but harmless.

Overall, a great time.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#37 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:06 PM

-I dislocated my jaw, but don't you worry I'll be fine.
+Hummers mom got the Uberdart.
+Rockin' them speedloaders almost all day.
+Not worrying about darts.

"Did you just say pump, diddle, pump, diddle?"

Posted Image

#38 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:09 PM

+ I <3 my SNAP pump crossbow. This is the first war in over four years that I haven't picked up the SNAP-1 at all.

Good. I meant to stomp on your SNAP-1 in Chicago, if only to force change upon you. ONE OF US ONE OF US

#39 hummer

hummer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

Good war overall. sorry about not being much of host though. (Again, thanks luoiec3)

+ Everyone seemed to have fun
+ Cool new mobstacles
+ The fl-axe
+ My mom climbing the tree for the Überdart and photographfy-ing
+ The weather was a little warm, but nothing to complain about
+ The last "round" in general
+ A critical breakthrough in engineering in ctf

- Any mobstacle is subject to wind
- Trusting little kids with them supa-sub-optimal bows :blink:
- Dart sweeping kinda sucked with leaves on the ground
- Hot glue tipped darts...the heck people?

All in all, great war, glad you could all make it. and here's the 2 good group shots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by hummer, 18 October 2010 - 12:53 PM.

Onto the anvil of war!

#40 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

Great war, as always. But I'd say the worst of the three Mano's I've attended.

+PACbows dominated, as expected. And getting banned the last round.
+People getting to use them all day.
+Weather was nice, especially for October.
-Wind sucked, but the mobstacles still worked very well.
-Glue domes, what the fuck people.
-Darts. Shittiest darts I've seen.
-Trying to recover darts during rounds.
+Good crowd, seeing old faces.
+Getting there on time, and being able to get everything set-up.
+Park people not giving a shit about us.
+Pistol round, gansta style.

I'm pretty disappointed with the darts out there yesterday. There is no reason to have glue dome darts. The rules explicitly have them banned. I see no reason why you would make those. The only reason I can see is if you couldn't get supplies off McMaster. But seriously, ask someone. Fuck, ask me, and I would have ordered you some.

So I'm calling out the kid in the red shirt. I don't know what your name is, but use some common sense. You have a supa powered SNAP shooting glue dome darts. I'm speaking for a lot of people and saying that is pretty unacceptable. It's not like you're new around here, I've seen you at past Manos as well. I'm also disappointed in the war hosts for not regulating this or taking any action to prevent those darts from getting on the field.

That was really the only drawback to the war. It sucked even more when I was trying to recover ammo during rounds, and having to sort through all the shitty glue dome darts so I didn't diddle people's faces.

Not trying to be a bitch and complain, but I believe a lot of other people were not happy about this.

#41 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

Reflecting upon my failure to reply to the Chano 4 thread, I have decided to reply as soon as I got the chance this time.

This war was great. Despite losing metric tons of darts, I like nerfing in the fall. It's my favorite season.

+Great weather
+Great people
+Taking people out with stock nerf brand blasters (Namely the vulcan and the stampede)
+Singled longshots are retardedly accurate
+Park people and workers didn't give a shit that we were there
+Nerf Dad coming back for round two
+Barrel Breaks pwnzor zombies
+Returning to Greenfield Park. Of all the other battlefields we nerfed at, this one is by far my favorite.

-The wind was a pain in the ass
-Glue domed darts.
-Having some random little 10 year old kid jumping in. That was a bit annoying.
-My hopper clip constantly jammed because picking up and chambering random darts makes it cranky
-My reactor 'nade launcher broke off just as I was about to frag the core

Edited by Mehku, 17 October 2010 - 07:23 PM.

#42 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:26 PM

For the record, I don't care if I'm a host or not; if I see anyone bring glue dome darts to another Wisconsin war I will take them from you, and send them far away, just like the box that is currently en-route to Florida...

#43 hummer

hummer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

In response to the glue domes, to whoever you may be, lets switch roles for a minute, you and me. I mostly use melee weapons, when you shoot me with a dart that has a friggin' glue dome and nothing else, it hurts like hell, especially at >15feet. Not only am I out, but I am also having less fun due to this turning into some kind of paint-ball-with-frozen-paint-balls as I limp back to clear or respawn. Just think the next time you even think of bringing those to one of my wars, scratch that, ANY WAR.

{Now switch back, the darts are now diamonds! Sorry, had to}

Apologies to those upset about the non-regulation, I should have been more on-that as a "host". If this happens again, I may have to start checking all the ammo anyone brings and publicly humiliate whoever didn't read the darn thread.

On a more joyful note, here are the pics:
(The next MANO will be announced probably be announced a little more than a week from now, most likely in December to avoid conflict with South Milwaukee Rumble 2.0 and WINO 1.0)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by hummer, 17 October 2010 - 09:32 PM.

Onto the anvil of war!

#44 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

For the record, I don't care if I'm a host or not; if I see anyone bring glue dome darts to another Wisconsin war I will take them from you, and send them far away, just like the box that is currently en-route to Florida...

You send all the glue domes to Rogue? That just seems mean to do to the little Floridian nerfers.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#45 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:53 PM

Send them to Northern California.
I guess at BAFF we must be tougher than midwest wimps, because glue-dome-darts still predominate, and there's literally nobody out here complaining about glue domes. We only exclude stefans if they are micro-sized (or smaller) AND use 1/4" slingshot or 3/0 fishing weights (or heavier).

And while you're at it, send us some of those "durable" slug-style darts. As far as we can tell, their existence is still just a myth.

No. See, we don't use nerf guns. Everyone here uses homemades.

When everyone is using a blaster that is equivalent in terms of power to a +bow, glue domes make things painful. Rather than banning blasters, we just ban ammo that is unsafe. Besides, would you rather be hit by hard plastic, or something with a padded tip? I don't know how you call hard plastic tipped ammo, "Nerf".

But really, we don't need to debate this here.

#46 Edible Autopsy

Edible Autopsy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:58 PM

-snip-

-snip-

I guess at BAFF we must be tougher than midwest wimps, because glue-dome-darts still predominate, and there's literally nobody out here complaining about glue domes. We only exclude stefans if they are micro-sized (or smaller) AND use 1/4" slingshot or 3/0 fishing weights (or heavier).

And while you're at it, send us some of those "durable" slug-style darts. As far as we can tell, their existence is still just a myth.

That's what im sayin. I live in Wisconsin and all I use is hot glue domed darts, now i gotta make a mcmaster order for washers and felt pads.
Hot glue is my best friend.

#47 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:52 AM

You send all the glue domes to Rogue? That just seems mean to do to the little Floridian nerfers.

I'm not sure if you've ever been shot from 3 feet away from a 150 foot blaster on bare skin in freezing weather. I'm betting against it. Furthermore, lets assume everyone that nerfs with you is OK with getting shot at by unpadded ammo from crazy powerful blasters. You probably still play in public parks, and claim to be "nerfing" if people ask what you're doing. Doesn't that seem a bit dishonest? Would you go paintballing in a public park? I'm ok with being shot at by paintballs in a paintball war, but I don't think anyone's OK with this happening in a public environment with children and nonconsenting /eye-protection-less people sharing the space.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#48 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:59 AM

Oh, this is good news for me. Apparently the only thing stopping me from using my slingshot darts in my Big Blast in SoCal wars was kindness to other Nerfers, who I now learn don't really care.

I'm looking forwards to making some more sub-optimal dome darts. Remember how I made N9 bleed last Armageddon? With normal slug darts at range? Presumably this will be a few more steps in the correct direction.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#49 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

Bob, just because this is the internet doesn't mean you have to act like an asshole.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users