Homemade Airtanks?

Didn't find a whole lot initially...

8 replies to this topic

#1 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:05 AM

So, I was wondering: how practical would a home-made airtank be? I figured sticking two PVC couplers together with a small segment of PVC would do the trick, and indeed someone already did it.

My question is, how effective would something be like that by itself? He seemed to think it was pretty effective, but also that it was a sort of "secondary tank" or something. So I guess I mean to ask: would it be effective by itself? I'm thinking of doing an integration into my Deploy NerfRogue83-style, only I've got no airtank, or at least one I care to part from the guns they're in. Everything else I'm reasonably sure I could figure out pretty quick based on the other mods around (thanks to Blue for the mod directory!), but the thing is I want to do it fully internally, and I think I can pull it off given this one thing.

Also, it would basically be a homemade internal I'm thinking right now; I'm even considering making a homemade pump for it, so I'm sort of in unfamiliar territory. It'd be a single shot, but I'm wanting to make the Deploy a true multi-purpose gun, one great distance shot, and than a storm of darts as backup.

Thanks for any help.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#2 MindWarrior

MindWarrior

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:17 AM

The new super soaker shot blasts water guns have a pretty good airtank, they have a built in spring piston with an air capacity comparable to an AT3K tank, but an air outlet similar to a AT2K though, It is very similar to an airtech series airtank in the fact that you pull a tiny metal rod to fire it.
QUOTE(Ryan201821 @ Jan 2 2010, 03:20 PM) View Post

Seriously, no penis pumps or dildos on your Nerf blasters.

REVOLUTION BABY!

#3 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:18 AM

Hmm, not sure. The main thing is I'd really rather not buy an entire new gun just to get one part from it, if I can make it home-made. Plus, I'd like to have the experience. I suppose I may be taking the hard way, but I'm looking to sort of use the Deploy as much of a learning tool as making it a beast. :/
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

One thing to be aware of is that MOST war hosts ban homemade air blasters, unless they fire something big, like balls or missiles. Also, if you are looking in the Modifications forum, you won't find anything. You need to search in the Homemades forum, and you will find what ye seek.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

Pvat-piston Valce Air Tank

That may be of some help.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#6 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

Well Another member and I are actually working on making aluminum 3k tanks. We are both stuck in the design process, but we should something to sell in a couple weeks
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#7 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

Well Another member and I are actually working on making aluminum 3k tanks. We are both stuck in the design process, but we should something to sell in a couple weeks

Ask a moose. I hear they are good with CAD.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#8 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:36 PM

Ask a moose. I hear they are good with CAD.

Nah man, those things hate me, but moosemeat is pretty good
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#9 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:18 AM

Forgot to thank everyone for their replies; thanks! Gave me quite a bit to look at, I appreciate the direction; it didn't occur to me that most of this would be in homemades, but that actually makes sense.

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users