Photo

The Next Pa War

55 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hello again everyone. I took a brief hiatus from nerf, but I'm back full swing now. For some unknown reason, I can't actually access nerfhaven unless I proxy through it......
Anyway, I haven't nerfed in 9 months now, and Im dying to make it to a war. Im away for Apoc :( Im wondering who would be interested in having a war in August.

Date: August 21st
Time: 10 am - 6 pm
Rules will be covered at 9:45 with the first round starting at 10:00.
Address: Smedly Park (same place Gear's was) (http://www.google.co...ract, Media, PA)
-Lunch: Bag Lunch, Plenty of Water

Rules:
-Eye protection is MANDATORY. No eye protection = No play, If you are the ages of 18 or higher you have the choice to NOT wear eye protection, at your own risk
-Dress appropriately for the weather.
-Bring PLENTY of drinks
-Banned blasters: Brassed SM5K's, singled Titans. As last time, I will be bringing the 200' tape measure to test ranges and power and such before playing, to see if other blasters must be restricted due to unsafe...ness?

-You Must have a primary and a SPRING pistol
-Bring as many guns as you wish but remember there will be bases and different part of the war so plan your selection out carefully
-Many many darts, at least 200 or so . Please do not take darts from other members, Unless you have a deal already made out with the person, I would rather that not happen.

Team Play Rules:
-There will be 2 teams with equal amounts on both sides for each round of the war, except for every man for him self rounds. A couple 3 team rounds will be in order depending on attendance.
And a couple zombie rounds
And defend the core
And CTF
-As many rounds as possible

So, this is more of an "who's interested" deal. Please comment if you can make it up and which weekend in August is the best time (14th, 21st or 28th). I would make a poll, but I've seemed to forgotten how.....
Thank :)

Edited by ice, 20 August 2010 - 04:50 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:33 PM

I would be up for pretty much any date if I can get a ride.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#3 firesflame4

firesflame4

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

As long as its not the weekend of Apoc I should be able to go.

Talio @ Sep 7 2010, 5:35PM
If no one is interested no one is interested. Think of it like this...say you take your dick out in front of a girl and she's not interested in it. It doesn't help to smack her in the face again with it 7 days later.

#4 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:08 AM

I took a brief hiatus from nerf...

9 months now

Who's the father?

Anyway, I really didn't like hilltop park, so it'll come down to who else goes for me. There may be other wars in the works that you may have/want to schedule around.
Teehee.

#5 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

Anyway, I really didn't like hilltop park, so it'll come down to who else goes for me.

Thats fine, I don't want you there anyway :)
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#6 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:33 AM

Just for the record, Paw never happened.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#7 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

I'd love to go, but it depends on the date. There are at least two August wars already planned in the area - could we have this on 6/31 as a warm-up for Apoc?

Edited by Zack the Mack, 20 July 2010 - 08:36 AM.

Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#8 LotusNerf

LotusNerf

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

Hey ice, you know me. Just click the link in my sig.
Anyways, if the date works out, I'd love to take a quick walk over to Hilltop just to Nerf. Maybe even force my older brother to go too, who knows?

#9 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

I'd love to go, but it depends on the date. There are at least two August wars already planned in the area - could we have this on 6/31 as a warm-up for Apoc?

Really? Where?
And no, Im busy that weekend.
Muker

#10 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

Yeah, I'll probably if the date is good. I think we should do it later in August, everyone is going to Apoc on the 7th. So you'd probably wanna give a bit of time for everyone going make more darts, fix/improve guns etc.

Also, If anyone doesn't already own one, I'll be making and bringing a core so we can actually do a decent round of DTC.

Edited by Seven7h Man, 20 July 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#11 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

Really? Where?
And no, Im busy that weekend.

We've got Apoc on the 7th, and LINO on the 28th. Now that I think of it, LINO isn't close to PA at all. And I don't think it would interfere much anyways. Never mind.

#12 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

Well it's about time you got another nerf war goin. Anyway, I *think* I'm good for about any date in August.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#13 faddle

faddle

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

The 7th is Apoc and on the 29th I am hosting LINO. If I can get a ride and if it is not on the days of Apoc and LINO I am good.

Edited by faddle, 20 July 2010 - 04:52 PM.

NERFSTRONG#114

#14 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

The later the better. However, this isn't going to be a huge priority to me, so don't work the date around me.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#15 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

I is thinking about coming because I is liking to nerf and I is liking to be able to use +bow. I is not liking not using +bow and not liking 45 minute waits for rounds. I is not liking UMD.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#16 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

Anyway, I really didn't like hilltop park, so it'll come down to who else goes for me.

^^This.

I don't feel like nerfing at hilltop park again in the near future.

We need to find some decent parks in PA.

#17 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

^^This.

I don't feel like nerfing at hilltop park again in the near future.

We need to find some decent parks in PA.

What about Smedley park? The one that Gears hosted on. That seemed to be an ok place. But that's just my suggestion. Don't hate me for liking it if you didn't. :mellow:

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#18 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

The only possible dates for me are the 21st and 28th. Or their respective Sundays, I would not mind that.

As I no longer have a car, the only warsite I can really make is Hilltop by bike, and even that is a pain.

Regarding another site, I looked into Ashbridge and Rosemont Parks in Bryn Mawr. They seem pretty good, large varied parks, but they are closer to a main road and I have no idea what kind of congestion they would get on a Saturday afternoon in August

Google Maps Location
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#19 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

I played one round at Gears' war. The trees made some interesting cover and the play style seemed more strategic. I'd actually make a full blown attempt to make it if we held it there.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#20 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

I played one round at Gears' war. The trees made some interesting cover and the play style seemed more strategic. I'd actually make a full blown attempt to make it if we held it there.

Yeah, not to mention the creek/lower field area were almost 100% flooded so if we do it again on a dry weekend we may have additional field available.

Plus, that park didn't seem too crowded, at least not on the non-playground areas.

#21 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

Yeah, not to mention the creek/lower field area were almost 100% flooded so if we do it again on a dry weekend we may have additional field available.

Plus, that park didn't seem too crowded, at least not on the non-playground areas.

I would personally go there In ANY weather. It seemed to be the ideal place for about any occasion with a well made environment. I agree with these two.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#22 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

Location change, now where at smedely park, same place Gear's was.
Muker

#23 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

I'll go. BJ, Chops, and others, I can try to pick you up if you're on the way.

#24 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

I'll go. BJ, Chops, and others, I can try to pick you up if you're on the way.

I'm in 07005. I would need some info from you for parents permission though.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#25 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

Alright so, I can't make it on the 28th so my vote is for the 21st.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users