Ghillie Suit In A Nerf War?

Would it be worth it?

8 replies to this topic

#1 MassNerfer01702

MassNerfer01702

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

Hello every one, this is my first post on the Nerfhaven forums, thank you for accepting me into this site and allowing me to post.

Okay so the topic of this post is wether or not wearing a Ghilie Suit in a NERF War would be worth it? I live in New England so I typically have wars with my friends in a wooded area, but have never worn an actuall Ghilie Suit. I am a noob to the NIC and big Nerf Wars so could you guys tell me your opinion: Would it be worth it to wear a ghillie suit in a Nerf War?

Thank you,

MassNerfer01702

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

Yeah man, they make you invisible, and when you're invisible, no one can hit you! It's standard issue around here. I recommend one if you are going to go to any NIC war.
Teehee.

#3 MassNerfer01702

MassNerfer01702

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

Yeah man, they make you invisible, and when you're invisible, no one can hit you! It's standard issue around here. I recommend one if you are going to go to any NIC war.

Great! Thank you! My one concern is that in some of the videos i've seen of wars like APOC is that it seems very wide open, is that common?

#4 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

Great! Thank you! My one concern is that in some of the videos i've seen of wars like APOC is that it seems very wide open, is that common?

The Deal Test Site, where Apoc is held, has several areas suitable for play. One of the reasons there aren't any pictures of the Deal invite war in May during the actual rounds is because of the widespread use of the ghille suit, since eery picture would just look like mounds of plants in the forest.

Even in the most wide-open of parks, it's more useful to have one than to be without one.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#5 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

Almost every good nerfing place will have tons of trees for cover. You can just stay out of the open areas and hide in the woods to the side and no one will be able to tag you.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#6 MassNerfer01702

MassNerfer01702

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

Thanks everyone for the great help! :D

#7 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

Almost every good nerfing place will have tons of trees for cover. You can just stay out of the open areas and hide in the woods to the side and no one will be able to tag you.

This is completely true. In WA, most of the wars happen at Marymoore park, which is pretty wide open, but is lined with trees and bushes like Zorn described. During Super Effeminate 3 I was in the bushes most of the time with my ghillie suit and singled titan that totes a PVC silencer. The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes.

Edited by TantumBull, 16 July 2010 - 01:38 PM.

#8 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

Just bear in mind that a brand-new ghillie suit has a generic camouflage. Remember to add leaves, branches, and other local flora from the war location before starting combat.
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

This question only requires one answer. No. If you show up wearing one you will officially be the laughing stock of the entire community. Believe me, we all watch the video's and shit you guys put up and just go on and on. This is actually a really retarded question. Ask it at NHQ. You'll probably get a real life discussion there about it.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users