Gizmodo tries out and reviews the upcoming gun

84 replies to this topic

#1 BoneRiot

BoneRiot

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

http://gizmodo.com/5...re-like-now-huh

unfortunately the article is disconnected with where nerf is/where it'sbeen but nonetheless it's a good article and gives us firing footage of the new gun.

(inb4 isn't this not allowed or blah blah blah)
They call me Afro Thunder
QUOTE(CaptainSlug)

Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended for 9,999 days.

#2 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

Let me just say...Awesome. :D

Ranges look average but probably with an AR removal they could be decent. Mostly I'm just excited about the idea of a clip system full-auto rifle.

#3 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

That. Is. So. Fucking. BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#4 magnesium22

magnesium22

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

i only see two reasons to buy this: the grip- pod and the clip.
other than that it's a reshelled vulcan.(BTW this topic will probably be closed soon)
Nerfing in NC? PM me!

#5 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:19 PM

I can see plenty of reasons dude! Tactical rail shield, grip-pod, clip, rifle itself, and the sheer badassery of it!

#6 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

I can see plenty of reasons dude! Tactical rail shield, grip-pod, clip, rifle itself, and the sheer badassery of it!

Yeah, if it were $30 as opposed to $50.
The gun's cool and all, but there are just too many moving parts in it for me to modify it. I see this as a shits and giggles gun for indoor wars. :D Maybe it'll be a Christmas idea for the grandparents.

#7 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

i only see two reasons to buy this: the grip- pod and the clip.
other than that it's a reshelled vulcan.(BTW this topic will probably be closed soon)

A re-shelled Vulcan that eliminates one of the biggest flaws in the design of that blaster - they weak rotation mech that causes jams and eventually failure. If this blaster is significantly more reliable than the vulcan, it will be a great boon to many a stock-war and indoor-war player. (It also looks to be a bit smaller and less bulky than the Vulcan - making it easier to use in close quarters.)
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#8 archangel24

archangel24

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

Should be able to amp up the ROF by increasing the power being sent to the motor.
QUOTE(Talio @ Oct 14 2010, 10:37 PM) View Post

I would much perfer a game that's free of KY. I like it rough. Right, Vacc?

"She went all Ghetto Fab on you."

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

I was at the event last night and the gun is pretty cool. You'll never be able to mod it worth a shit, but it's fun to play with. The real treat was that there were a couple of very nice looking women who started a little nerf war at the bar. I wasn't involved because I was too busy watching closely and trying to commit it all to very detailed memory. Thanks to Nerf for putting it all together. It was awesome to meet alot of the guys running all the random nerf sites. We came up with some pretty good idea's about how to help the community. It's rare you get an opportunity like that to have everyone together, including some of the Nerf Team themselves and talk about ideas. It was a once in a lifetime event and it takes alot to get me to say something like tht. Oh yeah, there was also an open bar. I was not okay at the end of the night.

If you guys have questions I can answer them, but keep in mind, I really don't know any technical details about the guns.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 jakejagan

jakejagan

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

This looks like alot of fun. I'd love to use this during zombie rounds with a drum mag. From the looks of it, it ought to shoot about 30 ft which is plenty.
00:38 jakejagan I hear you guys still bring up the "gangsta shot"
00:38 Bags it is legend now

17:45 *** MrPzowned was kicked by Zorn (MrPzowned)
17:45 Zorn moral of the story: don't pick on idle mods yo

#11 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hey Talio, is the stock collapsible? Or set in one spot?

#12 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

Yeah, it's a rigid stock. I'll double check with someone and get back to you.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#13 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

I have another question for you, Talio, if you would be so kind as to inquire about it as well: Can the shield fit on to most any rail?

#14 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:34 PM

Dang... I was looking forward to seeing the 50 round drum that was rumored to be comming with it.

#15 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

I have another question for you, Talio, if you would be so kind as to inquire about it as well: Can the shield fit on to most any rail?

That's a very good question. I don't have an answer, but i'll find out.

#16 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

It's such a shame that nerf has been making their blasters more realistic.

I think I'd rather spend $50 on pvc, goop, fbr, and such.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#17 Guest_TheSilverhead_*

Guest_TheSilverhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

I've got a question. Is there a way to manually prime it, like the vulcan, or are we going to run out of juice behind enemy lines?

Edited by TheSilverhead, 16 July 2010 - 03:08 PM.

#18 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

Did they happen to mention why they're using a straight clip as opposed to one of the drum clips? I'm also curious as to how long the batteries are supposed to last.

Sounds like it was a pretty fun party.

Edit: Just read that link below. I do like that it comes with 3 of the clips, it makes the 50 dollar price tag a lot more reasonable to me. I suppose space/price is why they didn't use drums then.

This blaster really makes me wish I could play humans vs. zombies somewhere this fall.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 16 July 2010 - 05:25 PM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#19 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

Here's some a really cool link to a guy who was there last night. Check out his site.

http://www.aggrogate...stampede-rifle/

#20 Kingboy

Kingboy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

That's a very good question. I don't have an answer, but i'll find out.

I second that request for information. I look forward to hopefully being able to mount the shield on my Vulcan, not because it is useful, but because it (like my Vulcan) amuses me.

It's such a shame that nerf has been making their blasters more realistic.

I think I'd rather spend $50 on pvc, goop, fbr, and such.

That is why there is a plethora of information made available in the Homemades section. If you want performance, you likely will get a better return on $50 by making your own than purchasing a blaster from Nerf.
It's a cylinder, not a turret.

#21 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

"I can personally attest to the fact that alcohol and toy guns is every bit as great a combination as chocolate and peanut butter."

I love that quote from the link Talio posted.

#22 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

I'm gonna buy this just for the awesomeness. Although, I find that the clips are kinda a slap to the face for everyone who doubled theirs. That's just my opinion :)

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#23 sci-olyrocks

sci-olyrocks

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

I might just but it for the 3 18 dart clips it includes, the grip/bipod and the shield. I think the gun is the only extra that comes with the set.

Edit: I learned from the facebook page that it also includes a 6 dart clip, for a total of 60 darts! It was never Stampede ECS-50, it is Stampede ECS-60!

Edited by sci-olyrocks, 16 July 2010 - 05:20 PM.

You can talk to me about anything you want as long as it involves emma stone

#24 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

If this gun is built better than the vulcan (I've had two unmodified ones literally break in my hands) then this could be probably the most ideal HvZ weapon out there. Quick preloaded reloads, virtually no priming time, consistent range in a fairly compact shell, kinda badass actually.

I used to hate N-strike and the ever increasing tacticool, ultra realistic "technology", but confined to indoor wars and HvZ (which is all they're really good at, unless ridiculously modified), I guess it's really not that bad.

That $50 price tag is really off putting though.

#25 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:34 PM

Hmm.... if you just cut down a small chunk of the shield it should fit on any gun.... vulcan emplacement bunker anyone?

Though I don't quite think the dagger will be useless, I enjoy throing my swords at oncoming zeds, so why not throw the lighter, nicer dagger instead?

Also, thanks Talio for the info and linkage. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users