Lanard Shotgun Problem

Just need a moment of your time...

16 replies to this topic

#1 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

Hey guys, just need a little help here. I have singled my shotgun and done pretty simple mods. The problem is, whenever I prime the gun, sometimes it will fire; which is strange since it has multiple catches. I have messed with it and I think the priming mech is rubbing up against the trigger, which is firing it. I then forgot to put the spring to pull back on the priming mech. It doesn't hit the trigger with that in, but when the gun is put together, it still fires off. The trigger is in the right place so that should have nothing to do with it.

So that is what I tried. I can't think of anything more to do.

Even though I don't think they are necessary, here are some pictures:

Gun un primed
Posted Image

Gun primed
Posted Image
I need this thing done quick guys. Thanks,
Spud

Edited by Spud Spudoni, 12 July 2010 - 03:31 PM.

industrial designer

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

Sand down the trigger supports maybe? Or you can cock the gun back less. Another issue may be that your catch developed a hairline crack and now flexes too much.

#3 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

Sand down the trigger supports maybe? Or you can cock the gun back less. Another issue may be that your catch developed a hairline crack and now flexes too much.

No I've tested the catch before and just checked it now. No cracks. I have puttied the inside of it though the keep that peice down. Do you think sanding the trigger down will be a good idea?

ALSO I am using a stock spring and PAS spring in the gun. It souldn't do anything though.

industrial designer

#4 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

No I've tested the catch before and just checked it now. No cracks. I have puttied the inside of it though the keep that peice down. Do you think sanding the trigger down will be a good idea?

ALSO I am using a stock spring and PAS spring in the gun. It souldn't do anything though.

I'm assuming you did the torsion spring re-orientation? If you did that, I'm not sure what your problem is. Sorry.

#5 jakejagan

jakejagan

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

Did you do BW's torsion spring relocation?
00:38 jakejagan I hear you guys still bring up the "gangsta shot"
00:38 Bags it is legend now

17:45 *** MrPzowned was kicked by Zorn (MrPzowned)
17:45 Zorn moral of the story: don't pick on idle mods yo

#6 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

For both of your questions yes I moved the torsion spring. Yeah that is included in the simple mods done. Sorry

industrial designer

#7 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

Does it have the same issue with just a stock spring? Sanding down the trigger supports should be okay, but I am guessing that something is not exactly put in place right. You might want to make a video showing the problem, that would help show exactly what's wrong.

#8 nerf22

nerf22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

I have the same issue with mine, except I have never opened mine up. To fix this I recommend priming it slowly.
It's Nerf or Nothin'

Oh and Three Days Grace rocks!!

#9 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

I have the same issue with mine, except I have never opened mine up. To fix this I recommend priming it slowly.

Yeah. The thing is, it will be primed, then all of a sudden it gives way and fires.

industrial designer

#10 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

I have all kinds of guns that will do that when you put too strong of a spring in them and don't properly reinforce the catch.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#11 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

I have all kinds of guns that will do that when you put too strong of a spring in them and don't properly reinforce the catch.

Alright I will just try the PAS spring alone. Thanks for the help.

BLUE: I will also lightly sand the trigger as well. I tried to get a vid up but it would not work.

industrial designer

#12 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

Check the supports for the rod that the catch pivots on. If there are stress marks it means you entire catch mechabism is flexing which would explain why it will suddenly fire.

Otherwise, have you done BadWrench's torsion spring reorientation?
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#13 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

For both of your questions yes I moved the torsion spring. Yeah that is included in the simple mods done. Sorry

Dude... come on.

ON TOPIC: Yeah I just checked the catch and the port holding the rod and there is no stress marks.

Edited by Spud Spudoni, 12 July 2010 - 08:20 PM.

industrial designer

#14 Y-Brik

Y-Brik

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

I would like to mention that I have had a similar problem on my own shotgun (Airzone variant actually; singled), as well as my friend's (Also Airzone; turreted). In both cases the catch, even reinforced with both BW's mod and an additional catch spring added (From the LS stock I believe) the catch was unable to hold anything more powerful than a 1gen LS spring (even less than the stock spring for the shotgun!)

As I said I have not not alot of testes yet but I will be once I finish the mod.

Why I am boycotting Hasbro

#15 bobbo

bobbo

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

I have had this same problem. On mine, it turned out that the catch was touching the spring rest, and couldn't move back far enough by maybe a millimeter because of some bad molds or something. I just dremeled the spring rest (not the orange piece that is at the end of the plunger, but where that piece rests) down slightly so that my catch could move all the way back and catch the plunger more effectively.

#16 nate the great

nate the great

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

I had the same problem. You just have to prime it slowly or the catch skips, causing half fires or full fires.
PRI you are a fucking idiot.

2 slingshot weights is basically a steel bullet with a foam sabot
-Mr BadWrench

You have a tampon on your gun. There's your problem.
-Hi Yah!

Join the Revolution!

#17 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hopefully Blue will see this but empty your inbox if you want the shotgun rubber parts.

EDIT: Thank you very muck Blue and everyone else for the help. I used everyone's ideas. I cut down the trigger which mostly fixed it, took out the stock spring and just left the PAS spring. Later just for good measure I will completely re enforce the catch and pin holder. For now it is a lot easier to prime and hasn't fired on me once. Shoots just a little less then before which is VERY suprising!

Edited by Spud Spudoni, 14 July 2010 - 08:38 PM.

industrial designer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users