Photo

Vulcan Air Removal, Stuff Up?

7 replies to this topic

#1 neodore

neodore

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

ok since its been sitting around in my bedroom for months and i haven't looked at it in ages i desided to pick it up. while its not that nessisary for me to fix (as my brother is using my other one) it kinda annoyed me a bit that i couldnt get it to work properly despite people removing the air restrictors and getting 'slightly' better ranges.

the problem is while i can single fire the vulcan and it gets some range (less than stock ive compare it) while on full auto it wont even nudge the round out of the belt.

all i have done is remove the air restrictor and just made it a straight thought peice of pipe.

am i right to belive that the little bit of back pressure from the AR helped the plunger tube seal?

#2 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

Did you drill it out or just removed the restrictor?

When the vulcan primes/ is primed the plungertube comes foreward and seals against the chainlink, in that piece of plungertube is a grey O-ring for optimal seal....

If the barrel does not come foreward or doesn't stay foreward there is something wrong with the internals....

In the case of the plungertube not staying in the "sealed" position when primed, the plungertube has been replaced wrong, on the plungertube there is a little square(?) nub wich must be faced towards the shell, because another orange (the color could be different) nub needs to "catch" and hold it until the dart is fired.
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#3 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

ok since its been sitting around in my bedroom for months and i haven't looked at it in ages i desided to pick it up. while its not that nessisary for me to fix (as my brother is using my other one) it kinda annoyed me a bit that i couldnt get it to work properly despite people removing the air restrictors and getting 'slightly' better ranges.

the problem is while i can single fire the vulcan and it gets some range (less than stock ive compare it) while on full auto it wont even nudge the round out of the belt.

all i have done is remove the air restrictor and just made it a straight thought peice of pipe.

am i right to belive that the little bit of back pressure from the AR helped the plunger tube seal?

Capitalization and generally good grammar not only make it easier for us to quickly read and understand your posts, but they are actually a requirement to post in these forums. Familiarize yourself with the Code of Conduct and follow it. This will be your only warning.

#4 neodore

neodore

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

Did you drill it out or just removed the restrictor?

When the vulcan primes/ is primed the plungertube comes foreward and seals against the chainlink, in that piece of plungertube is a grey O-ring for optimal seal....

If the barrel does not come foreward or doesn't stay foreward there is something wrong with the internals....

In the case of the plungertube not staying in the "sealed" position when primed, the plungertube has been replaced wrong, on the plungertube there is a little square(?) nub wich must be faced towards the shell, because another orange (the color could be different) nub needs to "catch" and hold it until the dart is fired.

Q:Did I drill the AR out?

A:Yes I did drill it out but the grey O-ring is still in place without even a mark on it.

Q: Did I muck up the internals?

A: As far as I can tell i haven't. I pulled the internals out of the gun so I could check the movements but as far as I can tell it is all moving as it should.

---EDIT---

As far as I can tell it all works as it should. If I forceably hold the belt up to the tube and manually cock it, It fires really well but in the gun and on auto it dosn't seam to work at all.

Edited by neodore, 16 July 2010 - 07:49 AM.

#5 tomorrowsDarkness

tomorrowsDarkness

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

This may be a dumb reply, but have you tried changing the batteries?
Elder of the Brothers Bradshaw.

#6 Foam Ninja

Foam Ninja

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole my good sir. I guess if I am gonna reply I might want ot add something, did you drill straight down the AR? If tou did there might be pieces stuck in the PT. This happened to me and I got 60 feet after I shot put it.

Edited by Foam Ninja, 16 July 2010 - 08:43 PM.

QUOTE(Soothsayer @ Jul 18 2010, 03:51 PM) View Post

Still haven't beat Foam Ninja in a sword fight

1.The baby would blow up do to being made of pure fail.
2.I GIVE UP! I AM GETTING MY GAS ELSEWHERE!!
-Nerf Mafia

#7 tomorrowsDarkness

tomorrowsDarkness

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole my good sir. I guess if I am gonna reply I might want ot add something, did you drill straight down the AR? If tou did there might be pieces stuck in the PT. This happened to me and I got 60 feet after I shot put it.

I don't know whether to take offense to that as you might be making fun of me, or if you genuinely thought it was funny.

I doubt it's the latter of the two. :P But if it is, thank you. :D

But anyway, if he can fire it with the single shot, but not the automatic, I figured it'd be the batteries. It makes sense. (To me, at least.)

Edited by tomorrowsDarkness, 17 July 2010 - 12:43 AM.

Elder of the Brothers Bradshaw.

#8 neodore

neodore

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:53 AM

Yes I have, but the ladyfriend is still unhappy.

As for the vulcan, The batteries I'm using are the same ones out of my other vulcan which shoots perfectly fine for a stocker.

All the parts are still working and rotating as they should be but it just won't push the dart out on full auto, I might just try to find some silicone and see if I can extend the seal further forward as It looks like it may not be sealing properly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users