Septembwar

Zaxby's Kick-Ass Birthday War

94 replies to this topic

#51 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

What will the cover be like at this war? You said it was at a school. Will it be like an open field or like a grid or portables?In the case of the field, will there be cover or barracades to use?

industrial designer

#52 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:09 AM

Langford has a little bit of everything. There's a big open field, some portables, a wooded bank...the works. It does tend to run toward open areas and longer shots, though. Large weaponry is your friend.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#53 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

Augh! Pre-war anxiety! I stlil need to make my dad's 260+ darts and finish up our pistols...

Also, because this seems to be happening recently, I do not expect ANY of you to bail out on this war. We have anywhere from 20 to 24 definites by my count, and I do NOT want to be disappointed.
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#54 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

^I second this motion. Any last-minute bailouts will be declared "Jive Suckers," and we will laugh at them derisively.

Also, do any of you guys have 4 5-gallon buckets? I need to know what I'm after when I make my pre-war Lowe's run. I went ahead and typed up a tentative round/stuff schedule, just for reference. See the first post for details.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#55 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:54 AM

If you bail out... it is in DIRECT violation of my birthday celebration and you may or may not be a loser if you do.

But the vet sammich round (newb-vet-newb) is a great idea... But I hope the ones with me can keep up...

And poptart... I expect a cherry poptart that morning

For the rest of you... Prepare to see a gun that WILL diddle the face of children everywhere

On one final note I have a few songs to describe how my day will be

I will arrive

I will nerf

PS.... I am just now hitting my 500th post

Edited by Zaxbys, 09 September 2010 - 07:54 AM.

"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#56 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

But the vet sammich round (newb-vet-newb) is a great idea... But I hope the ones with me can keep up...

For the rest of you... Prepare to see a gun that WILL diddle the face of children everywhere

I hope I get paired with two good vets! :D .........and I will be sure to protect meh face Zax, having seen that beast already.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 09 September 2010 - 10:15 AM.

IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#57 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

Rogue, we'll see if we can show you how it's done :D Maybe talk you out of that godawful gun you favor.

But in all seriousness, one of the major things I dislike about most otherwise enjoyable wars is the fact that the newbies are usually left out in the cold, watching the action. Now, there's nothing wrong with learning by way of a good beatdown, but I want to get people involved in this thing, not just as check marks on the attendee list, and we certainly have enough skilled vets to do that.

#58 nerkum

nerkum

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

We could play a round where anyone dubbed a newbie gets teamed up with a vet (could be multiple newbies to each vet) and they newbie has unlimited lives with a 15 second count, but they then spawn from the vet. So it would be important for the vet to play conservitive and use his newbies for strikes against the other vets. Of course the vet would only have like a 3-15 or something like that.

Edited by nerkum, 09 September 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#59 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

they newbie has unlimited lives with a 15 second count, but they then spawn from the vet.

But then they wouldn't learn anything.

If this gun is what I've been told it is... Team Chicken vs. Rogue and Zax will be E-F-F-E-M-I-N-A-T-E.

#60 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

Augh! Pre-war anxiety! I stlil need to make my dad's 260+ darts and finish up our pistols...

Also, because this seems to be happening recently, I do not expect ANY of you to bail out on this war. We have anywhere from 20 to 24 definites by my count, and I do NOT want to be disappointed.

OH MY GOD I know what you mean! At my last war, SNO, I brought my brother and brother in law with me. My brother in law LAST MINUTE invites a friend and promises him that I will make him a gun. Just to clarify, at the time, I had two working war ready guns. Had two days to work AND make darts. Went to a hotel in Savannah the day before the war with 80 darts for all of us. I had to bring all of my tools with me. Fixed a pistolsplat, a big blast, AND make a new nitefinder for the guy plus barrels. I also had just not enough barrels for every gun to. That is why I'm going solo this time.

industrial designer

#61 zipx

zipx

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

Im totskys on team chicken...... Im getting really pumped for the war, made a hesh new nf. NICK IF YOU ARE READING THIS PLEESE RESPOND TO MY PMS!!!!!!!!!!! there important...

ps, rork, will the 10$ dart bucket still be in effect?

Edited by zipx, 09 September 2010 - 08:02 PM.

AKA: pop-tart.

#62 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

Im totskys on team chicken...... Im getting really pumped for the war, made a hesh new nf. NICK IF YOU ARE READING THIS PLEESE RESPOND TO MY PMS!!!!!!!!!!! there important...

ps, rork, will the 10$ dart bucket still be in effect?

Sorry! Finally repsonded! I'm down for me+1.
Depending on how many darts I can make tomorrow, I might also be interested in the bucket-o-darts.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#63 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

Poptart: Sorry, Team Chicken is exclusively for my dad and I.

rork: We have buckets we will bring.

Also, last minute words to the wise: my dad picked up this thing at Lowes. It's basically a magnetic strip at the end of a pole. For $14.99, you can get a handy-dandy dart picker-upper too!

We're also bringing a crap-ton of Gay-tor-aide. Since we're not sharing, I advise you do the same.

#64 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:20 PM

Chicken: well done with the buckets. I appreciate it. I'll be, er, bringing the balls.

Also, I will not be able to provide darts this time around, as I could not procure the requisite slave labor. I could maaaybe fix up one or 2 people with some darts if absolutely necessary, but more than that would be bad iffy--especially with hopper clip consumption. Really, it will depend on if my +1 makes it.

EDIT: My +s are Jive Suckers, and I will be coming alone.

Edited by rork, 09 September 2010 - 09:49 PM.

#65 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

Sounds like I'm gonna be slavin' over a hot glue gun then.

#66 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

Poptart: Sorry, Team Chicken is exclusively for my dad and I.

rork: We have buckets we will bring.

Also, last minute words to the wise: my dad picked up this thing at Lowes. It's basically a magnetic strip at the end of a pole. For $14.99, you can get a handy-dandy dart picker-upper too!

We're also bringing a crap-ton of Gay-tor-aide. Since we're not sharing, I advise you do the same.

Something to consider...
Gatoraide, to me, is not the best to drink. As me being a runner, and doing this at SNO, gatoraide may be refreshing, but once you are completely dehidrated, even the taste of gatoraide can make you sick. At this point, you should definatley drink water because that is what your body ABSOLUTELY needs.

Just as an FYI...

industrial designer

#67 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

Chicken, i am thinking either 4 or 6 buckets would be ideal, if you have 'em.

Also, when it comes to hydration, I like to mix it up. Water for the bulk, Gatorade for a post-lunch treat. Just no sodas, and never energy drinks. Unless they're on a LS.

#68 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:29 AM

Water for the bulk, Gatorade for a post-lunch treat. Just no sodas, and never energy drinks. Unless they're on a LS.

LOL.....ya know, it's sorta meh thing. I need something to keep my eyes open this morning----to start the 8hr, 23min drive!

On Topic: I have flagging tape for Gunslingers rounds, and my Titan for Wildcard rounds. See you men on the field!
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife

#69 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:57 PM

Hey, Rork....got a pistol? In case mine doesn't come together tonight.

#70 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hey, Rork....got a pistol? In case mine doesn't come together tonight.

I gotcha............

#71 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

I'll bring a small grab box of mediocre pistolas for pistol rounds.

#72 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:28 PM

Rogue just got here......and has commenced eating live kittens for the protein in preparation for tomorrows festivities.

Edited by Zaxbys, 10 September 2010 - 09:29 PM.

"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#73 zipx

zipx

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

Mapquested nicks house, preping my guns ( by that i mean adding hot glue/ duck tape to ANY possable week areas). and due to lack of preparation, I BE RUNIN THIS WITH TAGGERS! see/ shoot youall soon...
AKA: pop-tart.

#74 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:21 PM

After one hell of a war, and an equally entertaining post-war meal..........

RECAP TIME

+ Pre-war midnight mod party
+New Nerfers!
+Good sportsmanship
+great duals throughout the day with Zax, rork, and Umpa
+No rain
+Tbow and both LS's performing.......too well?
+delivering nerkums new LS......and seeing him use it well
+ "Vet sandwich" round was a cool idea. See the new guys jumping into action was great.
+Cops came, and observed.......then left without a word.
+Zaxs new primary
+ FC and OldGuy solid as usual. I think FC gets better every war!
+FC using a couplered BBB with a SPEEDLOADER against +bows and BBBB's........and coming out on top.
+10k'd several people.........so much fun.
+trying out "carpi testiculum"
+Good Gunslingers rounds
+The "Gauntlet" round and its awesome CSQ action!
+seeing NerfOmania's new homemade
+The +bow L/R donated getting a new home
+18 Nerfers.......perfect.
+Bubbles?
+A hot shower, then some Grey Goose and cran afterwards

I had a great time-----certainly worth the 8hr drive! This was one fast-paced, action packed war. I hope to see some of you maniacs in FL in the near future, winter Nerfing in Florida is outstanding. Thanks for the great war rork.

#75 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:43 AM

Holy crap, yo. That was fantastic.

THE GOOD:

Carpe! Most intense round of the day, for sure.
Whistling.
Nerfomania's PumpSNAP. Holy shitfuck, dude. I have been formulating my own design on the way home...
Seeing LSs being used incredibly well, despite the undeniable fact that they're terrible guns :D
Nerkum, his guns, my shiny new BS...
Winning the first Gunslinger with Zax by ludicrous margins (Neither of us ever got hit, at all), then narrowly losing the final Gunslinger to ChickenCo. First Gunslinger round we've ever lost.
Selling a boatload of guns.
Dinner! Nothing like a great big steak after a long day Nerfing.

THE BAD

Carpe! There was some way excessive intensity going on there, guys.
Also, if you're going to leave early, pick up some trash! It's super lame for the last handful of players to have to clean up after everyone.

THE UGLY

Carpe! That round killed.
I was ricockulously filthy and gross afterwards. That was one of the most welcome showers I've ever taken, ever.
The Pole Vault. All I'm gonna say is, all you sumbitches better have tipped that girl like drunken sailors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users