Photo

Magstrike Troubles

6 replies to this topic

#1 Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

I purchased a magstrike yesterday, and did some minor mods to the bladder and enlarged the airholes at the end of the piston. However, it is incredibly inconsistent range-wise, 1 dart might go 25 to 30 feet, and the rest land about five feet in front of me, it seems that the bladder just cant push enough air to supply all 10 darts equally. Any thoughts? I can always refund it since it looks stock on the outside.

Edited by Hippopotamus, 14 July 2010 - 02:52 PM.

Shrimp!

#2 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

Don't refund it, dude. That's incredibly lame. I'd hate to buy a 'new' blaster only to find out someone phuct up the insides.
Fugly is a feature.

#3 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

Don't refund it, dude. That's incredibly lame. I'd hate to buy a 'new' blaster only to find out someone phuct up the insides.

Why would they put a broken gun back on the shelf? If he just says its broken and I want my money back, they will just give him his money back.

#4 Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

Exactly. I could also sell the parts if I can't get help.
Shrimp!

#5 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:21 AM

Did you also enlarge the holes on the back of the clips? That's probably your problem, considering the air holes on the end of the piston are designed to let a certain amount of air into each hole on the clip as it advances. You may have also hurt the piston-to-clip seal.
But yeah, if you can get your money back easily, you might as well. Wait a few days for some more replies and see if you can fix it though; sucks to lose a blaster you've already worked on for a while if you can get it working, you know?

#6 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

Don't return it, who the hell are you guys kidding? Assuming the blaster worked when you got it (if it didn't, why even bother with it, return it STOCK), and didn't work after you had tried to mod it, you fucked it up. No one (the store, hasbro, whatever) should have to pay for your mistakes but you. What if they did put it back on the shelves, the next kid is screwed over?

It's just being considerate and having some common sense. You ruined it, so deal with it. Just know what you're doing before you try to mod your next gun.

At below:

Why would they put it back on shelves? When people return things, it's usually because it's defective. Also, I think the seal to the clip is fucked up, I'll just slap a thin ring of foam on and it should be good.

Haste, mistakes, whatever, even if it's not re-shelved, someone has to pay for it. In this case, it's only defective because you messed it up. Try to fix it, but don't return it.

Edited by Hipponater, 15 July 2010 - 06:17 PM.

#7 Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

Why would they put it back on shelves? When people return things, it's usually because it's defective. Also, I think the seal to the clip is fucked up, I'll just slap a thin ring of foam on and it should be good.

Edited by Hippopotamus, 15 July 2010 - 06:12 PM.

Shrimp!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users