which one is better?

2 replies to this topic

#1 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:23 PM

Now I realize there's a topic in the mods section on something like this, no doubt by me, but it's I believe at this point on page 2 or 3 and nobody is going to bother reading it... But I really want to get an opinion on this; which is more powerful, the sm1000 or the sm5000? I have both guns, and both are exteremely powerful. However, it seems my sm1000 is outranging my sm5k, and has alot more power as well. And I did the relocation mod on Nerfhaven as suggested in other topics.

I was wondering if anyone else out there actually has an sm1000 that they've modified. I currently have a 10 inch cpvc barrel on mine, as I opened mine up in my closet and all the pieces flew everywhere and I can't find the pieces necessary to make the rotating barrel work. With 1/4 steel shot weighted stephans, I am at least getting 100ft flat (I have a 60 foot hallway and haven't gotten a chance to test it outside yet since I'm lazy and it's always windy outside). And if anyone does have a modded sm1000, what are the ranges you are getting?

Edit: I just tested it out a bit to see how much paper it could shoot through, and apparently it can shoot through the pocket part of a closed folder with 4 sheets of looseleaf in it. I think I'm getting about 130-140 angled... I had to fire up my driveway since there aren't any open spaces around my house, so it's an estimate. But I know it's over 120 angled.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 09 April 2004 - 10:28 AM.

#2 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 10:52 AM

That thing sounds evil. I wouldn't wanna play against it.

Moose

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 11:16 AM

haha. Now I realize that many of you will doubt what I'm posting, and I would agree with you if I didn't have one of these either. I am trying to get pictures as soon as possible, actually I have them on my computer, BUT I can't seem to get any image uploaders to work... uploadit, photobucket, none of them work for me, and I really don't know why. And yes, cookies are enabled, at least I'm 90% sure. If anyone has any questions post here.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users