EDIT: VIDEO TIME!

16 replies to this topic

#1 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:04 AM

Here's the youtube link:

ALSO if you have a Youtube account please subscribe, and check out my songs that I've published so far! :D

I GOT MY HANDS A NEW DREMEL, But I gotta say it sucks, after all it was only $19.98 at my local Walmart, 2 speeds, and it runs on a rechargable 4.8 volt battery pack and takes 3 hours to charge, and you only get so and so hours of rotary from it :/

ANYWHOOM off to the write-up!

I just gotta say, this makes a very decent assassination weapon, considering that it's so small, and that with this mod it will increase the capacity 3x and just a tad bit longer to load than having it singled.

1) MATERIALS:

-Dremel
--Sanding bit
--Cutting disk
-1/2 sch 80 PVC (thinkwalled)
-1/2 CPVC
-E-tape (I used duck tape, and it was a pretty sold fit
-Needle-nose Pliers / scissors
and last but not least but most important
-SSPB AS-1

---------------------THE PICS WILL BE VERTICAL BECAUSE I HAD TO USE MY IPOD TOUCH TO TAKE PICS OF THE PICS THAT WERE ALREADY ON MY IPOD--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRITE-UP:

BLASTER:

1) Take your SSPB and strip of it's shell, Chunk it away, you will no longer need it
Posted Image
2) Drilled out or pull out the stem/AR
Posted Image
3) Take your dremel and cut off the barrel up to this point, where it touches the edge to the airtank
Posted Image
4) Wrap E-tape/Duct Tape around the remaining barrel
Posted Image
CLIP:

1) take you sch 80 PVC pipe and cut it so it fits around 3 1.5in stefans
Posted Image
2) take your CPVC pipe and cut it about the size of 1 1.5in stefan
Posted Image
3) then take your sch 80 1/2 PVC pipe and take your dremel with a rough sanding bit and bore BOTH SIDES through the pipe. Up to the point where your sanding bit is covered by PVC
---(My dremel was sucky so it didn't get the bit all the way in, but it helped enough to fit the barrel and blaster together)---

4) take your pliers/scissors and then carve away at your 1.5in length CPVC

Posted Image
5) mount the PVC onto you blaster like shown

6) load 3 i.5in stefan darts
Posted Image
7) Cap off the clip with the CPVC barrel and jam it in tightly so its parallel to the PVC

8) pump and fire!
Posted Image
The ranges are around 50-60ft, I haven't measured my room to the wall at the end of the house, but I'm estimating 60 because so far all my blasters have smacked against the wall with every shot, besides my recon and maverick)

Now about how to reload, to reload simply just take the CPVC off and load 2 into the PVC and 1 primed in the CPVC barrel (I had a video of it until APPLE decided fail on me like their products always do :P) then pump 8-10 times fire, then the 2nd dart will be primed 99% of the time if not you'll here a hollow sounding jiggle. Pump 8-10 times fire, then the 3rd dart will 99.99% of time will NOT be primed so to ready the dart swing the blaster in your hand like a dagger downward and you'll feel the dart swing into the CPVC barrel. Pump 8-10 Shoot.

Questions? Comments? Flames?

Some pictures were provided from toxic's SSPB mod

Edited by OnyxZenith, 07 December 2009 - 10:02 PM.

SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#2 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

Wow... I wouldn't have thought that'd actually work. Any chance you could get a video up?
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#3 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

Wow... I wouldn't have thought that'd actually work. Any chance you could get a video up?

Yeah I'm about too, I was gonna record it on my phone and transfer it over but apparently the file was unreadable, so I'm gonna have to bust out the craptastic webcam :P
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

#4 bennorco

bennorco

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

Nice mod, I might be getting one so this will help me!!

Edited by bennorco, 12 July 2010 - 09:56 AM.

Buy this stuff^

#5 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

50-60 feet?

I mean, I'm not calling instant bullshit, but that's really hard to believe.

If you can get a video up, I'll be thoroughly impressed and will do this.

I've seen claims like that before, but none have been true. I'd say they max at 40.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#6 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:06 PM

50-60 feet?

I mean, I'm not calling instant bullshit, but that's really hard to believe.

If you can get a video up, I'll be thoroughly impressed and will do this.

I've seen claims like that before, but none have been true. I'd say they max at 40.

Yeah... I'm just going with what the people who modded it before me said, which they all said around 70 :/
but from my results I've gotten an average of 43 ft with 3 stefans the 3rd dart being the shortest distant from the blaster, but its not a terrible range for an SSPB
SoothSayer-

#7 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

Cool. Makes me want to buy a couple and try it.

I really hate that stock pump. Anyone think I could put a few on one pump?
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#8 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:32 PM

I don't call bullshit ranges, I got SSPB's with cpvc barrels hitting 70 feet easily with 12 pumps. these little suckers kick. I'm using 2 of them in my next big project.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#9 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

Cool. Makes me want to buy a couple and try it.

I really hate that stock pump. Anyone think I could put a few on one pump?

Meh, Good luck, idk why you;d go through the trouble to replace the pump i mean the tank is so little, and too much air will cause either the tank to explode, or 2, the trigger assembly in the back pressure valve will blow out and fly somewhere. The main idea for this mod is for portablility as well as using having more that just one dart ready.
SoothSayer-

#10 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:25 PM

What I can't believe is that his iTouch failed on him... you didn't jailbreak it, right?

Yeah, SSPB's are awesome sauce.

#11 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

What I can't believe is that his iTouch failed on him... you didn't jailbreak it, right?

Yeah, SSPB's are awesome sauce.

Nope :) lol It's just that I took pics from my camera then transferred it to my down stair's PC because my laptop cant read the god dang card then I had to take pics of the pics on my iPod because the reader couldn't find the originals in my ipod :/ fail...
SoothSayer-

#12 Heat Signature

Heat Signature

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

This is pretty sweet! Those ranges from something that small are wicked!
Nice job. :D
"I'VE GOT A BONE IN MY LEG!!!!!"-My great grandpa.

My Friend's blog

#13 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

Wow, an SSPB has enough oomph to use an inline. Nice discovery!

I must say that I'm interested in actual measured ranges. I don't think your ranges are beyond the realm of believability, but it'd be nice to make them legit and not estimated.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#14 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

I must say that I'm interested in actual measured ranges. I don't think your ranges are beyond the realm of believability, but it'd be nice to make them legit and not estimated.

I got around an average of 47ish ft (My room to the end of the hall through the door is only 50ft) with 3 darts. I know I was psyched. True fact is, I got obsessed with Inlines and RSCBs, it's a great invention and credits to those whove made those discoveries!
SoothSayer-

#15 DARK NINJA

DARK NINJA

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

I got around an average of 47ish ft (My room to the end of the hall through the door is only 50ft) with 3 darts. I know I was psyched. True fact is, I got obsessed with Inlines and RSCBs, it's a great invention and credits to those whove made those discoveries!

I recently picked up a sspb and did this mod. Whenever i pump the gun it doesn't hold any air and is leaking through the trigger hole at the beginning of the barrel. Any advice?
When I'm nerfing I wear protection. Do you?

#16 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

Dark Ninja- I have had the same problem happen to me recently, I fixed the problem by just going crazy with the trigger, like moving it around, pushing it in a circular motion around the rim of the base. I hope you find this useful.

#17 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

I know this is a necro but I'll go ahead and help him.

Just take some FBR and cut it in half. Pop off the trigger and make a ring with the half-FBR around the trigger stem. Glue this on. Pop back on the trigger piece and you should be good.

The FBR has enough strength to hold the trigger firmly up, keeping the valvem sealed, but enough 'give' to allow the trigger still to be pushed down.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users