Chainblazer Mod...singled?!?!

And tactical ports, thoes :)I)

12 replies to this topic

#1 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

I, like many, have a Chainblazer with no chains. Not a problem if you want to do Frost Vectron’s turret mod.
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8806

Well…I don’t trust turrets. Never have. I don’t care how many forcibly-penetratory 3K shots I take to the face I just can’t do turrets. SINGLING however I am a fan of, so here is a few tips on how as this is a tich more than just slapping on a coupler.

Also a bit about Tact Ports, but that is near the end.

Some internals for the ladies.
Posted Image

Unnecessary parts for this mod.
Posted Image

Here is the catch, rather cleaver what they did here.
Posted Image

A little catch reinforcement never hurt anyone.
Posted Image

The plunger is one of the reverse cup heads found in many older blasters. I’m in no mood for a full replacement so I did Blue’s hotglue-and-felt-head deal as described in his Quadshot CPVC coupler turret mod thread.
Posted Image

Plunger tube stock.
Posted Image

Plunger tube after drilling it out and shaving the edges, and accompanying ½” CPVC coupler after reaming the motherlovin’ hell out of it with wire cutters as described in the DIY hopper thread.
Posted Image

NOT SHOWN: I gooped the plunger tube in place as it is meant to oscillate a bit. Even got a ¼” of extended draw out of it.

And here we are reassembled. 4” barrel seemed to work, 6” and the dart barley made it out.
Posted Image

“Wait…what are those little nipple-things?” Those are an experiment in multi-functional tac-rail-esque supplements to make additions of any kind easy and non-permanent.

Want Melee? Got it!
Posted Image

Defense? Got it!
Posted Image

Utility needs? Met!
Posted Image

Integration?!?! BAM!
Posted Image

Yes, it is just a small length of ½” CPVC sandwiched and gooped with two very small pieces of SCHD 40 ½” PVC. The hole can be made perfectly with a 5/8” drill bit. I used a spade bit and it worked like a charm. The point is that almost every blaster’s shell has space for one or more of these and the potential of what you can do with them, both practical and silly, is endless.

That’s what I got.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#2 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:47 PM

That sir, is one fine peice of work. Makes me wish I didnt smash mine some 15 years ago.
And props on the spatula and cigar.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

I love pretty much everything about how you post. Thank you for giving me a good chuckle. :lol:

#4 Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:20 PM

Fuckin' great work, and when you need to gun someone down and flip pancakes, your covered!
Shrimp!

#5 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:35 AM

I feel you man, I don't like turrets either. RSCB's and hoppers > turrets, in my opinion. What kind of range are you getting out of the single barrel? Mid 50's? You were saying the dart didn't even leave the barrel with 6", so I'm assuming not incredible. :lol: Maybe if you do more work to it in the future, an inline clip would be possible.

I'm also a fan of spatulas as melee weapons. Nerf tail-gating anyone?

Edited by Broderick, 09 July 2010 - 12:36 AM.

#6 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:59 AM

I like those tac mounts. It looks like a little arm is holding the mace, and that cigar holder will come in handy for A-Team reenactments!
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#7 canuck

canuck

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

Great mod!
Any chance we will be seeing cup holders?
We don't have military tactics or specialized training. We're fucking kids playing with plastic guns trying to tag each other.
-nerfer9

#8 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

@Cheyner – I didn’t have any 2 ½” PVC or it would have been a beer holder :lol:

@T-Bull – Hella warm fuzzies. I think I won the interwebz : ) I )

@Hipsterpots – I do all the before, during, and after breakfast.

@Broderick – Ranges were initially in the 35-40” range, but I have since found a sever lack of range due to getting plunger lube on the darts/barrel. In the very last inch of pull the thing would vacuum the darts in like mad (props to Blue’s cup-headed plunger enhancement, weeeeee!) and that has hurt range a lot. I need to add a dart stop to the coupler and clean my barrels but I’m not terribly optimistic about getting more than 40”. Still, you can pull of that one shot lightning quick, I’m sure I will be mounting it on a primary as a reliable last-ditch shot.

@VelvAv – That’s funny right there. I can have a battery of attachments to mock any TV show or movie. I suppose I could tape two twigs to it and call myself a tree herder, or just one and a cardboard lightning bolt and have a PotterBlaster

@’Nuck – He he he, will be checking the hardware store for 2 ½” PCV shortly.
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

#9 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

Tactical Spatula!

You've opened the floodgates for some weird integrations.

Also, Chainblazers rule. Good job.
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#10 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

SHOULDHAVEKEPTTHETURRET
SHOULDHAVEKEPTTHETURRET
SHOULDHAVEKEPTTHETURRET
SHOULDHAVEKEPTTHETURRET
SHOULDHAVEKEPTTHETURRET

but really. this is pretty boss. If you're just singling it though, you should see if you can change the plunger tube at all. Give it some more volume and this thing could be driving nails into wood. Throw a hopper clip on and maybe this thing could actually be more than an outdated novelty.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#11 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

@Z-da-M – Silliness is a fine line to walk. NOW you can add silliness to even the most robust blasters and revert to serious

@SoothsLayer – I still have the turret, I’ll send it to you for the cost of shipping if you promise to put it on you Basterdizer (love what you have done with that thing, the rope is dope) :lol:. I was considering NF tube-and-plunger replacement like Rouge with his Sneakfinder, it might work but would take some creative gluing and possibly sanding.

Now, if a person had two chain blazers they could conceivably hook the two tubes and plungers together and increase the length of the shell to accommodate the increased draw, like with an NF rifle. Add a hopper and the rapid-fire capability and I think most people would say 'damn' at some point.

I'm not so hot with prescision shell work so that one if off my to-do list...and I traded away my other chainblazer months ago :(
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

#12 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

Great Mod but singling a chainblazer is like god creating a bird without wings.

The main purpose of the chainblzer is its rapidfire ability.

I purchased a chainblazer without a chain and did frost vetrons mod and a couple of my own mods and i'm getting 90's flat :D . You can still get power without sacrifice.
Anyways the changeable attachments is a great idea.
Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#13 Beefstew0

Beefstew0

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

Never mind, Didn't Know it was a necro. My apologies.

Edited by Beefstew0, 29 November 2010 - 09:59 PM.

QUOTE(ugh112 @ Dec 13 2010, 08:20 PM) View Post
What the @#!*% do you think i'm selling, my dick?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users