Photo

Newbish Ammo Question.

14 replies to this topic

#1 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:00 PM

Hi. I just won 2 SM250's on eBay without any ammo, and before they get here, I'd like to know which kind of ammo they use. I was looking on the ammo order form on the Hasbro website, but SuperMaxx 250 was nowhere on there. However, all of the other SM's and Airtechs, as well as the Wildfire and Powerclip take the same kind of ammo according to the sheet, so I was wondering if the SM250 uses the same type? I need some replacement darts for my AT's anyway, so it would be pretty convenient if they were. Thanks in advance for the help. :rolleyes:
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#2 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:45 PM

The answer is yes, the Sm250 use the same ammo as your airtech guns, micro darts are what you need.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#3 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:06 PM

Great! Thanks for the help. *Goes to order darts*

Edit: I might as well ask this now, too. There's a Gyro Strike (in box) on eBay (but you have to use the Buy It Now thing) for, I think, 12 bucks. Wondering if this gun is worth that, or if it's just another P.O.C.

Edited by VoLT, 08 April 2004 - 02:19 PM.

"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

#4 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:10 PM

The gyro strike isn't a very good gun at all if your planning on playing with modded guns, its only been modded to shoot micros as far as I know by Fallen Hero. Also you can make your own ammo if you didn't already know, it's much easier but they won't work on sm 250 unless you do a barrel modification.
"Is luck a loser's excuse for a winners position?"

#5 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:12 PM

Hey, Volt- the SuperMAXX 250 is an average spring pistol if you modify it decently. Otherwise, I think you'll be a little bit let down. It's the original model of the Airtech 1000 that you might see still in stores. As far as the Gyrostrike, it's supposed to be mediocre, but the main problem is the ammo type. It uses a strange form of arrow that only it uses. If you don't have any or it doesn't come with any, you're out of luck. You're much better off getting an Airtech 2000 or something like that. Good luck!
"The 'dance goes on..."

#6 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:37 PM

Well, no Gyro Strike then. Thanks. :)
I don't really mind if the SM250 isn't great, since I'm not using it in any serious wars or anything, and it was a good deal. I just sorta wanted a gun with an auto-rotating barrel, since it's a little annoying to manually rotate and pump a few times for my AT2K.

#7 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:12 PM

There is a gun called the tech-six or something along those lines in stores. It is pretty much the same as a SM250, except it has 6 autorotating barrels. Also, the barrels are actually barrels, unlike the 4 posts of the SM250. The barrels protect the posts from bending during harsh play.

Edited by xedice, 08 April 2004 - 07:23 PM.

Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#8 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:32 PM

When you get ammo get the red suction tip darts. Their called "Airjet Micro Darts" These are some of the best darts out there. Here are some other types of ammo.

Moose

#9 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:31 PM

There is a gun called the tech-six or something along those lines in stores. It is pretty much the same as a SM250, except it has 6 autorotating barrels. Also, the barrels are actually barrels, unlike the 4 posts of the SM250. The barrels protect the posts from bending during harsh play.

Well, I just got the SM250's in the mail anyway, (or so my mom says. I'll have to wait 'til I get home at the end of the day to see them, though) so I probably won't need this Tech 6 thing. Is it a Nerf gun though, or another imitation product? Well, even if it is, I haven't had much luck finding anything at local stores. ShopKo only has the NF, TTG, and Atom things (for dirt cheap, though), and Wal Mart doesn't have anything. I was going to check out Target, but I've had no time lately. If the Tech 6 is an official Nerf blaster, I'll try to get it, since I guess I do need more automatics...

Edit: Sorry, another question. The Hasbro ammo order form says it could take 4-6 weeks for delivery. I'd like to have ammo by next Friday, so, is there another, faster way to get the same type of darts? eBay doesn't have any, just the new micro darts (and for twice the price they should be).

Edited by VoLT, 09 April 2004 - 02:40 PM.

#10 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:41 AM

Your local toys r us should have some darts. Or target, wal-mart, ect. Just check around, at my target theres like 20 packs of micro darts.

#11 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 12:30 PM

Are you sure they aren't the newer ones, the red ones with the black whistling tips? Because those don't work with Laramis. Well, I'm going to TRU tomorrow or Monday to sheck out their Nerf stock, so I'll look for any old Micro darts. I also just realized that mega darts work with the SM250, but they don't fire as far or hard.

#12 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:36 PM

They work for supermax 250's.

#13 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:09 PM

Huh... silly me. They do work... I guess it's just the black ones that come with the NF that don't work very well. Well, thanks. You just saved me $10. :D
By the way, has anyone seen an AT4K or 3K at a local store lately? My friend said he saw one, (he says he can't remember where <_< ) but I haven't seen one yet... of course, the only places I've checked are ShopKo and Wal Mart. :rolleyes:

#14 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:13 PM

I have an SM250, but I found that airjet micro darts tear because the holes in the back are too small for the pegs on the sm250.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#15 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 07:09 PM

Tech 6 isn't automatic, its a springer, but the barrel rotates automatically like a SM250 does. It's not nerf, but the internals are pretty much the same, and I bet it is cheaper since some knockoff company made it. I saw a whole bunch on my last trip to Toys-R-Us, but that was about two months ago, don't know if they are still sold. It was just a suggestion, the SM250 and Tech 6 are both good pistols for indoor wars.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users